Dance mats rock.

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

FizzingWhizzbees

ONE love, blood, life
So while I was wandering round the mall a few weeks back I found a dance mat. Y'know, for Playstation/Playstation2? Where you get directions on the screen and you have to stamp on different bits of the dance mat depending on what directions it gives you.

Well I figured this would be a great way to exercise more, seeing as I'm not the most motivated person in the world and the chances of me dragging my butt out of bed at 6am to do some TaeBo are slim to none. SO I figured maybe if it's a fun way to exercise then I'll finally do it.

And it is SO MUCH FUN. I'm not kidding, I play on this thing for like an hour everyday, which usually means I don't get to bed until 2am but whatever. Only now my legs are seriously hurting me. I mean I can hardly walk because I think I've hurt all the muscles in my legs :( But it's all good 'cause I finally found a sort of exercise that I actually have fun with, and it's like the best stress relief in the world...forget counselling, stress balls, hot choclate etc, just give me a dance mat and I'll dance my stress away.

Anyone else experienced the joy of dance mats? ;)

:lmao:

Yes :D

I confess. Our neighbours have a 6 year old daughter and they got her the Lion King (I think its this one anyway) Dance Game for their PS2. So of course we all liquor up and take over.
Its craziness. Extreme fun for children, drunks and people who want to get fit!

What they are, is a plastic mat that goes on the floor and plugs into the console in place of the hand controller. On it, is printed the cross, square, triangle and circle, plus from memory I think a few other functions of the controller. The game I played, showed up 'dance steps' on the screen in certain order, scrolling down at certain speed. so for instance, X O X X O O O X etc and as they scroll, you have to step on the corresponding shape from the control pad/mat.
It was mad fun and each level increased the speed and accuracy of your steps. It sounds easy, but it gets very hard very quick!

ah...that does sound like fun...i'll have to check that out. i dont have a playstation2 at my home...or any other kind of video game thing. daisy's been wanting one for her birthday:hmm: i'll have to see...

I tried playing those dance mat games in L.A. last year and I swear I sucked so bad :angry: It was just going way too fast for me lol. But you would think as a dancer I would have done a better job :rolleyes: :laugh:

ahhhhhh dance mats :cool:

they are fab!!!!! my friend has one, and when we are off on a night out we gather at her house, have some drinks and play on the dance mat like little kids before we go out :lol:

they rock :eeklaugh:

I don't have a play station and didn't know you could get something like that. Cool, but you said dance mat. Two mornings ago I discovered they have an aerobics show at 6.30 am on TV. I really enjoyed it, and could kind of keep up, cause some of the moves are the same as from dance classes I did years ago. I loved it. But I notice they use what I suppose you'd call a "dance mat" probably /maybe different to what you refer to.
Anyway , your heading caught my eye 'cause once again I'm thinking ...I want one of those. I've got a cement floor, I'm sure it's bad for your legs, especially for leaping up and down.
So what a coincidence..I hope I keep it up. It was a different instructor this morning and she was faster and throwing in some new moves, I did get in abit of a tangle..teehee, good fun.I just found out you can't do aerobics to Neil Young. I have to get some new music too.

Giant Lemon said:

Yeah! I remember a friend of mine had a pad you could use for an Olympics game.

Yeah!!!!! That was great...it was literally hours of family fun!!!!

I'm completely crap at them. They have them at the arcades over here (the Dance Dance Revolution game) and I refuse to go on. Particularly since the guys/girls who go before me are so damn good anyway. I'd look like an idiot.

Back
Top Bottom