Cunter, Switzerland superthread

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Status
Not open for further replies.
The Sad Punk said:
Weren't Split Enz avantgarde at the start?

Ah, yeah, good point. Their early stuff is fairly out-there and arty.

coolian2 said:
Honey, i'm home.

I'm terribly sunburnt but we fucking won.

Quite remarkable how much emotion can come from something that is really just a game.

I wish you were talking about the cricket but I know you're not.

I haven't even checked Cricinfo today, that's pathetic.

phillyfan26 said:
Chaos at the bottom of a hill
Where were the heroes to take the place
Somewhere on the other side
A man went forth to join the race
Sweet sounds of summer resting
Ripped through like a tidal wave
Nothing left alone, nothing disturbed
Nothing anyone's gonna save

2:03 AM.

"2:03 AM" should actually be part of the lyric. Then it'd be classic.

I sit here writing songs at 2:03 AM
Can't fucking understand myself
Realize there's no good rhyme for myself
So I smudge with something in hell
Shit, that fucking sucks
God, I hate writing songs this late
The rhyming suffers
I lose timing, none of this is great
Fuck, it's 2:03 AM

phillyfan26 said:
I sit here writing songs at 2:03 AM
Can't fucking understand myself
Realize there's no good rhyme for myself
So I smudge with something in hell
Shit, that fucking sucks
God, I hate writing songs this late
The rhyming suffers
I lose timing, none of this is great

THESE ARE MY FAVOURITE LYRICS EVER.

I'll take ten copies of the album.

coolian2 said:

The only emotion i feel for the cricket is apathy.

Good non-existent God, all out for 168?!

I wish I hadn't checked.

Yay, the Crows lost!

shwgirlff6.gif
shwgirlff6.gif
shwgirlff6.gif

I haven't even kept up with the results. Yesterday, while trainspotting, I got off at Jolimont while people were coming out of the MCG. That was fuuun.

And some drunk gits on the corner of Flinders and Spring Streets were singing "FREEEOOO, FREEEOOOO!"

The Sad Punk said:
Oh, Pie fans. Did you club them?

I just barged through the crowd and got the fuck out of there.

I don't even know who was playing whom or who won. Bad Melburnian, I know.

Ax, thanks for the Captive soundtrack, BTW. I added Rowena's Theme to my DI playlist, and it fits well where I put it.

Hahaha, the cellar dwellers of the Super 14, the Lions and the Reds, drew 24-24 today.

The Sad Punk said:
Hawks - 42
Dees - 7

early 2nd

Looks good to me, tip wise!

There's a game I don't think I could bring myself to care about. Though, Demons, way to suck.

Axver said:

I just barged through the crowd and got the fuck out of there.

I don't even know who was playing whom or who won. Bad Melburnian, I know.

Probably a good idea. Otherwise you could have sank into the oblivion that is hundreds of inebriated Collingwood supporters.

Yes, you are a very naughty Melburnian. :tsk: Or possibly a more intelligent one.

phillyfan26 said:
Ax, thanks for the Captive soundtrack, BTW. I added Rowena's Theme to my DI playlist, and it fits well where I put it.

Awesome, glad you enjoyed it. I used Rowena's Theme last time around, actually. Paired it with In A Lifetime, which sounded fucking amazing.

Axver said:

There's a game I don't think I could bring myself to care about. Though, Demons, way to suck.

Well, if you're looking for a team to support, the Hawks are looking the goods this year. I think they're finally going to shake off the mediocrity surrounding them for the past 15 years.

The Sad Punk said:

Probably a good idea. Otherwise you could have sank into the oblivion that is hundreds of inebriated Collingwood supporters.

Yes, you are a very naughty Melburnian. :tsk: Or possibly a more intelligent one.

It was a pain in the arse too, because we wanted to take photos from Jolimont station platform. But as it worked out, getting out of there meant we found a couple of the most amazing spots. Guh.

Also, Collingwood supporters are jerks. Way to make no effort to move for someone with a guide dog (that would be my fellow trainspotter), you dickheads.

phillyfan26 said:
With apologies to V, I need sleep. Night, Cunters.

Night!

Also, Collingwood supporters are jerks. Way to make no effort to move for someone with a guide dog (that would be my fellow trainspotter), you dickheads.

Wow, that's terrible, but common behaviour of that lot - or indeed, of most sports supporters in celebratory mode. Arses.

(If you don't mind me asking, how could this trainspotter spot trains if they had a guide dog?)

The Sad Punk said:

Well, if you're looking for a team to support, the Hawks are looking the goods this year. I think they're finally going to shake off the mediocrity surrounding them for the past 15 years.

I don't know, I don't feel anything either way about the Hawks. And I don't want to go for a team just because they're good. I think I might be getting into Richmond. If they prove they aren't totally fucking incompetent, I could get behind them.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom