Cunter, Switzerland superthread

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Status
Not open for further replies.
The Sad Punk said:

Nah, toast is a strictly savoury thing to me. There's just something I love about hot, buttered hot cross buns, though.

See, some fruit toast is absolutely shithouse, but when it's good quality, doorstop-thick, with plenty of butter, I love it.

And you're totally right about hot cross buns. I just can't do them without butter. I feel for my mother, as she isn't allowed butter any more, so she doesn't have hot cross buns as she says the butter's what makes it.

Axver said:

See, some fruit toast is absolutely shithouse, but when it's good quality, doorstop-thick, with plenty of butter, I love it.

And you're totally right about hot cross buns. I just can't do them without butter. I feel for my mother, as she isn't allowed butter any more, so she doesn't have hot cross buns as she says the butter's what makes it.

butter :drool: cant do toast or buns without it .

Axver said:

:lol: You can just imagine them having a pool, can't you?

Bad high C:
1. He do not hit it
2. He hit it brief
3. He hold it 1-3 second
4. He hold it 3-7 second
5. He hold it long

Pick correct, you win special 20 minute clip of Bono voice highlights.

:lmao: :lmao:

"He hit it brief"

That was perfect!

:lmao: Classic. It's like he doesn't really have a clue about what Bono's doing either. So many of the comments are so generic, in an "I actually haven't much of an idea about singing" sense. [/B]

I know, exactly! If he's trained to identify notes easily, I'm not sure why he'd bother with Bono anyway. My brother states that Bono barely even sings at all, and he's on to something there.

The Sad Punk said:
I know, exactly! If he's trained to identify notes easily, I'm not sure why he'd bother with Bono anyway. My brother states that Bono barely even sings at all, and he's on to something there.

Exactly. Bono has nothing even approaching true technical ability - his singing is often all about the emotion, and that's such a subjective thing that it's hard to identify a performance that even half of Interference will agree is incredible.

A site like this is just ridiculous. It's one thing to have sites like U2Wanderer or U2VT. It's quite another thing to essentially stalk Bono's singing, and make a website dedicated to "great" moments that would really be just another day at the office for truly fantastic technical singers.

Guys, should I make a cartoon about all of this? I mean, it wouldn't be very hard. Just have him (or herrrrr, of course...that's always a possibility :uhoh: ) follow Bono around with a box of throat lozenges, and offer to pay for extensive vocal cord scraping when Bono misses an E above middle C. They can also show him their extensive collection of bootlegs recorded directly from the mic feed, with all of the music cut out.

This cracked me up:

2005 July Amazing Grace The song is a snippet on songs serveral times on 2nd leg on Vertigo tour. The word "Me" is powerful.

2005 Ocotber and November Vertigo Bono screams crazy the "Rock 'N' Roll ******" snippet.

Just ... no.

LemonMelon said:
Guys, should I make a cartoon about all of this? I mean, it wouldn't be very hard. Just have him (or herrrrr, of course...that's always a possibility :uhoh: ) follow Bono around with a box of throat lozenges, and offer to pay for extensive vocal cord scraping when Bono misses an E above middle C. They can also show him their extensive collection of bootlegs recorded directly from the mic feed, with all of the music cut out.

any cartoons from you would be made of SUPER MOFO WIN and if they slag of peteherrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrr then all the better.

i hope sicy isnt watching :uhoh:

2006-11-25 - Auckland One Tree Hill Bono sings the "Rain" note

THE RAIN NOTE?!

Fuck you, smoke sound, we've a new winner now!

LemonMelon said:

Dude, definitely. As long as it doesn't distract you from finishing the next part of your current McGuinness saga, though. :wink:

LemonMelon said:

:lmao:

Frankly, I'd like to see you parody a whole bunch of us in cartoon form. I don't doubt you could do a whole series on me and my setlists/UF/OTH/Heartland. :wink:

Axver said:
2006-11-25 - Auckland One Tree Hill Bono sings the "Rain" note

THE RAIN NOTE?!

Fuck you, smoke sound, we've a new winner now!

Guys, I think Bono's the first person to EVER hit the "Rain Note" - the holy grail of music!

The Sad Punk said:

Guys, I think Bono's the first person to EVER hit the "Rain Note" - the holy grail of music!

I bet he hits the Sleet Note on the next album! :yes: Bono > Jeebus. :love:

The Sad Punk said:

Dude, definitely. As long as it doesn't distract you from finishing the next part of your current McGuinness saga, though. :wink:

Oh, you'll love that. McGuinness forms a new band of second-rate punks he found living in a cardboard box and challenges U2 to a battle of the bands. Meanwhile, Eno makes it his life's purpose to find the center of music itself, deconstruct it, and put on the new U2 album.

LemonMelon said:

Oh, you'll love that. McGuinness forms a new band of second-rate punks he found living in a cardboard box and challenges U2 to a battle of the bands. Meanwhile, Eno makes it his life's purpose to find the center of music itself, deconstruct it, and put on the new U2 album.

SWEET

How close is it to completion? :hyper:

Guys, Bono hit the high H sharp note in the new song "Blindness", it very high and also he hums with a very very low register. This is the best Bono's voice sound since Vertigo 5th leg and ZooTV where he hit his falsetto high numerous time and give it his all for so many performance!!!!

The Sad Punk said:
LeMel, we could make this a collaborative effort if you're stuck for ideas.

The only problem I see here is that you're too good an artist. :wink:

major_panic said:
Guys, Bono hit the high H sharp note in the new song "Blindness", it very high and also he hums with a very very low register. This is the best Bono's voice sound since Vertigo 5th leg and ZooTV where he hit his falsetto high numerous time and give it his all for so many performance.

Majorrrrrr Panic, you always come through for us. :lmao:

Axver said:

The only problem I see here is that you're too good an artist. :wink:

:grumpy: The only problem I see is (besides Axver being particularly snarky this evening :wink: ), Sad Punk isn't premium, so PMing is out. :hmm:

LemonMelon said:

:grumpy: The only problem I see is (besides Axver being particularly snarky this evening :wink: ), Sad Punk isn't premium, so PMing is out. :hmm:

No, I wasn't being snarky. The charm of your cartoons is that they aren't slick. They wouldn't be half as funny if the band members had anything half-resembling a nose! I love it.

Maj., I don't know what it's like in your part of our beautiful city, but fuck, it's uncomfortable today with the humidity. It's not really that hot, not compared to what we've had recently, but the humidity's made of phail.

Axver said:

No, I wasn't being snarky. The charm of your cartoons is that they aren't slick. They wouldn't be half as funny if the band members had anything half-resembling a nose! I love it.

Well, thank you. :lol: I'm a bit self-conscious of my lack of artistic talent.

Frankly, it's not only a lack of talent that contributes to the look; I just don't feel like taking the time to draw a proper nose. :up:

LemonMelon said:

"Hi there Bono, my name Peterrrrrrrrrrrrrrr from Sweden, how you do? You know, I am a fanatic about your voice and absolutely love it, it better than Freddie Mercury or Frank Sinatra and so filled with emotion, especially when you hit the high C in 'Wide Awake' when sing Bad, like in 1986-5-14 or 2006-12-7!

Anyway, I was wondering if you could singiing the low 'hmmmmmmmmmmmmm' on a flat B4 register for me so I can pray to you while listen to it. Also you see I have a present for you, a 30 min long clip of your voice highlight which is only 32mb large!

So can you do the low register and then the high E5 like from 'Highway to Hell' in Vertigo from 2006-11-18, which the highest note you've sung?"

major_panic said:

"Hi there Bono, my name Peterrrrrrrrrrrrrrr from Sweden, how you do? You know, I am a fanatic about your voice and absolutely love it, it better than Freddie Mercury or Frank Sinatra and so filled with emotion, especially when you hit the high C in 'Wide Awake' when sing Bad, like in 1986-5-14 or 2006-12-7.

Anyway, I was wondering if you could singiing the low 'hmmmmmmmmmmmmm' on a flat B4 register for me so I can pray to you while listen to it. Also you see I have a present for you, a 30 min long clip of your voice highlight which is only 32mb large!

So can you do the low register and then the high E5 like from 'Highway to Hell' in Vertigo from 2006-11-18, which the highest note you've sung?"

Or, considerably less proper:

"YOUR VOICE...I WANT TO HAVE ITS BABIES."

Axver said:
Maj., I don't know what it's like in your part of our beautiful city, but fuck, it's uncomfortable today with the humidity. It's not really that hot, not compared to what we've had recently, but the humidity's made of phail.

I was out near the Dandenongs today, it wasn't that bad. I have a head cold though. :grumpy: Otherwise, it's fine for me, although I am used to living in a place with 99% humidity, called Asia.

mysterious_jen said:

thats a big statement from you :ohmy:

explanation: by closest, i mean, i liked the guy instantly and wanna be wtih him. real love does not enter the equation. "sure i wanna date you at first sight" would be accurate.

major_panic said:
Guys, Bono hit the high H sharp note in the new song "Blindness", it very high and also he hums with a very very low register. This is the best Bono's voice sound since Vertigo 5th leg and ZooTV where he hit his falsetto high numerous time and give it his all for so many performance!!!!

:giggle:

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom