Cunter, Switzerland superthread

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Status
Not open for further replies.
major_panic said:

You know that in order for it to be typically Axver, you'll have to pay out One, talk about One Tree Hill or TUF, own some of the idiots around EYKIW or write a setlist, don't you?

:lol: I nearly did a set with every song from U2's 11 studio albums but now I don't have the time.

major_panic said:

07526234124_ackbar.gif

IT'S A TRAP!

Alternatively, watch it so we can watch your ears bleed. :corn:

new day makes jen cry .

ohhhhhhhhhhhhhhh bono you hath forsaken me :scream:

speaking of peterrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrr i must admit i had a peterrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrr moment listening to streets from point depot 1. there's this one line, i forget which one, and i was like, woah bono, you sound especially good. and then i was like woah vazza, go kill yourself.

major_panic said:

07526234124_ackbar.gif

IT'S A TRAP!

I once saw a modification of that, "IT'S A TARP", with that alien thing holding a tarpaulin. So fucking funny. Wish I'd saved it.

major_panic said:

07526234124_ackbar.gif

IT'S A TRAP!

Alternatively, watch it so we can watch your ears bleed. :corn:

Ok, I just watched through it, and HOLY CRAP, stereotypical Bono lyrics:

Midnight
She is on the street
Oh she can't sleep
She's afraid to dream
Ten years old, my Spanish ropes
You see things you should not have seen

*plays guitar*

Good thing there was no "soul" or "heart" or "kneel", or I'd've killed myself.

Wow holy shit apparently one of the guys that posts on another forum I go to is a gay sex offender.

I can't believe I've been posting with someone that has showGAYship!

It's from a Freddy Mercury vs. Bono thread from way back. Some dickhead was basically saying that Freddie Mercury was a lesser performer than Bono because he was gay, and relied too much on "showGAYship" rather than a more proper type of performing art.

I can't search for it, sorry. :(

Varitek said:
speaking of peterrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrr i must admit i had a peterrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrr moment listening to streets from point depot 1. there's this one line, i forget which one, and i was like, woah bono, you sound especially good. and then i was like woah vazza, go kill yourself.

I love how Peterrrrrrrr has just ruined the appreciation of Bono's vocals for everyone. As soon as you enjoy some of his singing, you suddenly think "ohhhhh shittttt, Peterrrrrrr" and then your mind is assaulted with thoughts of the smoke sound, the low hmmmmmm, and so forth.

He's almost as bad as One, really. Simultaneously overblown and boring, and taken seriously by some crazy people. One is only good when you add "Tree Hill" to the title. I don't know how anybody could favour One over One Tree Hill. The performance of One Tree Hill on 26 December 1989 owns so fucking much. :drool:

Really, everything on Lovetown absolutely ruled. The setlist variety is just incredible. It had six unique openers! No other tour has had so many openers. And those openers included Hawkmoon 269 and God Part II. FUCK YEAH. We totally need those songs brought back. Same goes for The Unforgettable Fire and A Sort Of Homecoming. The Unforgettable Fire album needs to be represented by something other than Pride or Bad. It's just too good to be ignored. And while they're at it, they should finally play Heartland live. The world needs Heartland live. Urgently.

Axver said:

I love how Peterrrrrrrr has just ruined the appreciation of Bono's vocals for everyone. As soon as you enjoy some of his singing, you suddenly think "ohhhhh shittttt, Peterrrrrrr" and then your mind is assaulted with thoughts of the smoke sound, the low hmmmmmm, and so forth.

He's almost as bad as One, really. Simultaneously overblown and boring, and taken seriously by some crazy people. One is only good when you add "Tree Hill" to the title. I don't know how anybody could favour One over One Tree Hill. The performance of One Tree Hill on 26 December 1989 owns so fucking much. :drool:

Really, everything on Lovetown absolutely ruled. The setlist variety is just incredible. It had six unique openers! No other tour has had so many openers. And those openers included Hawkmoon 269 and God Part II. FUCK YEAH. We totally need those songs brought back. Same goes for The Unforgettable Fire and A Sort Of Homecoming. The Unforgettable Fire album needs to be represented by something other than Pride or Bad. It's just too good to be ignored. And while they're at it, they should finally play Heartland live. The world needs Heartland live. Urgently.

Sorry Ax, that was 39999, not 40000.

And you forgot Acrobat :wink:

The Sad Punk said:
It's from a Freddy Mercury vs. Bono thread from way back. Some dickhead was basically saying that Freddie Mercury was a lesser performer than Bono because he was gay, and relied too much on "showGAYship" rather than a more proper type of performing art.

I can't search for it, sorry. :(
That's cool, I get it now, thanks :)

And I thought gay people were supposed to be naturally better performers :wink:

Axver said:

Pfft. He's just put us on hold with Dial-an-Axver-opinion...

Alisaura said:

Pfft. He's just put us on hold with Dial-an-Axver-opinion...

yeah i thought it was lacking too.... there has to be a poster in there somewhere . about him owning interference,

or sicy could ban him now , that would be piss funny

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom