Cumbum Superthread

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Status
Not open for further replies.
Hey, Daniel, have you chosen a team to go for in the IPL? Deccan Chargers, perhaps? :wink:

I think I'll be going for Chennai. They've got Fleming and Oram. :up:

Axver said:
Hey, Daniel, have you chosen a team to go for in the IPL? Deccan Chargers, perhaps? :wink:

I think I'll be going for Chennai. They've got Fleming and Oram. :up:

Yeah possibly. To be perfectly honest, I Have not really followed any of it. up until now, this is the first I've seen of it.

phillyfan26 said:

My ten favorite Bowie tracks were listed in a recent Superthread and I can't remember them now.

Found it. :D

1. "Heroes"
2. Station to Station
3. Rock 'n' Roll Suicide
4. Life on Mars?
5. Teenage Wildlife
6. Queen Bitch
7. Always Crashing in the Same Car
8. Five Years
9. Watch That Man
10. Diamond Dogs

Honorable Mention: Unwashed and Somewhat Slightly Dazed, Moonage Daydream, Speed of Life, Panic in Detroit, Width of a Circle

Now I want to edit it.

bono_man2002 said:

Yeah possibly. To be perfectly honest, I Have not really followed any of it. up until now, this is the first I've seen of it.

I'm so pissed I missed the opening game, when McCullum smashed that 158 not out off 73. I thought this wasn't starting for a week, you see. I only caught last night's Chennai game because I randomly went into PEUP and looked at the cricket thread.

ROHIT SHARMA FALLS FOR A DUCK!

What a catch by the keeper too! The crowd's fucking loving it, what an incredible atmosphere it looks like there.

phillyfan26 said:

1. "Heroes"
2. Station to Station
3. Rock 'n' Roll Suicide
4. Life on Mars?
5. Teenage Wildlife
6. Queen Bitch
8. Five Years
9. Watch That Man
10. Diamond Dogs

Honorable Mention: Unwashed and Somewhat Slightly Dazed, Moonage Daydream, Speed of Life, Panic in Detroit, Width of a Circle

Now I want to edit it.

:up:

I don't know much about Bowie to be honest. But I'm going to give this platinum collection a go, and then possibly branch out and buy some albums.

Axver said:

I'm so pissed I missed the opening game, when McCullum smashed that 158 not out off 73. I thought this wasn't starting for a week, you see. I only caught last night's Chennai game because I randomly went into PEUP and looked at the cricket thread.

I heard about that! Fucking good effort.

What a CATCH!

phillyfan26 said:

1. "Heroes"
2. Station to Station
3. Rock 'n' Roll Suicide
4. Life on Mars?
5. Teenage Wildlife
6. Queen Bitch
8. Five Years
9. Watch That Man
10. Diamond Dogs

Now I want to edit it.

I don't feel I can really make a favourites list of substance yet, but my top three would be:

1. Station To Station
2. Always Crashing In The Same Car
2. Warszawa

I really, really like Station To Station.

phillyfan26 said:

1. "Heroes"
2. Station to Station
3. Rock 'n' Roll Suicide
4. Life on Mars?
5. Teenage Wildlife
6. Queen Bitch
8. Five Years
9. Watch That Man
10. Diamond Dogs

Now I want to edit it.

1. "Heroes"
2. Station to Station
3. Rock 'n' Roll Suicide
4. Life on Mars?
5. Teenage Wildlife
6. Queen Bitch
7. Watch That Man
8. Five Years
9. Diamond Dogs
10. Moonage Daydream

Honorable Mention: Always Crashing in the Same Car, Speed of Life, Panic in Detroit, Oh! You Pretty Things, Memory of a Free Festival

bono_man2002 said:

I heard about that! Fucking good effort.

What a CATCH!

Highest individual score in Twenty20 so far! Fucking outstanding. Must've been a joy to watch. Hussey was sensational for Chennai last night.

Hyderabad's looking in trouble now! Though here comes Scotty Styris, fuck yeah.

Axver said:
I don't feel I can really make a favourites list of substance yet, but my top three would be:

1. Station To Station
2. Always Crashing In The Same Car
2. Warszawa

I really, really like Station To Station.

I think there's a chance you'd like Space Oddity.

Have a good one, Daniel! :wave:

Now there's nobody around to talk cricket with me. :(

The current ads for Macca's really bring the lulz. "Now your burger is better and fresher than ever." Yeeeaaahhh.

"Now we only cook your burger when you order it." Makes your stomach crawl just thinking about the day old burgers you ate five years ago ... or five minutes ago, as I don't believe a word of the ad.

Makes me wonder how they can say you'll get the burger as quickly as ever, if they have to assemble the thing from scratch as opposed to pulling one out of the warmer.

When I was working in Macca's, the longest they were supposed to stay sitting around was half an hour... which is still 28 minutes too long, if you ask me. Not that I've ever eaten a McDonald's burger anyway...

That and the "Now with real chicken breast meat!" ... don't wanna think about what it was before!

Alisaura said:
Makes me wonder how they can say you'll get the burger as quickly as ever, if they have to assemble the thing from scratch as opposed to pulling one out of the warmer.

When I was working in Macca's, the longest they were supposed to stay sitting around was half an hour... which is still 28 minutes too long, if you ask me. Not that I've ever eaten a McDonald's burger anyway...

That and the "Now with real chicken breast meat!" ... don't wanna think about what it was before!

Yeah, that really confuses me as well. Though when I went to see Muse last year, I had to wait bloody ages (over five minutes anyway) to get a Bic Mac at the Macca's on Bourke Street beforehand, so if they use that as their benchmark, they probably won't struggle. :wink:

I'm wondering if it's just when you order it, they put the prepared, sitting-around-for-20-minutes-going-cold ingredients together into a burger, as opposed to putting it all together 20 minutes previously.

I can't wait for the next ads to be something like "Macca's milkshakes: now with no pig fat!"

Ooh, now it's past 11pm. Time for late night TV ads for dating agencies to make me laugh again. "Are you BORED? Do you want to meet GIRLS? Text 'flirt' to 2141536!"

People fall for that?!

Axver said:
I can't wait for the next ads to be something like "Macca's milkshakes: now with no pig fat!"
Or silt, according to another legend... :eyebrow:

I'll never forget the day someone accidentally put shake mix in the ice cream machine. Took us a little while to figure out something was wrong... :lol:

Does U2 play Las Vegas normally, or was that just for Popmart?

Axver said:
Ooh, now it's past 11pm. Time for late night TV ads for dating agencies to make me laugh again. "Are you BORED? Do you want to meet GIRLS? Text 'flirt' to 2141536!"

People fall for that?!
They must do... or else there are a lot of very bored middle-aged women out there... I wonder if those people get paid by the hour or by the text message/phone call?

Unless it's a bot sending the text messages. THAT would be funny.

Alisaura said:

Or silt, according to another legend... :eyebrow:

I'll never forget the day someone accidentally put shake mix in the ice cream machine. Took us a little while to figure out something was wrong... :lol:

:lol: That's hilarious.

As for the pig fat thing, my friend's father owned a farm and claimed he supplied pig fat to the local Macca's franchises for their milkshakes. He could've been having us on, but he was a fairly serious man.

Does U2 play Las Vegas normally, or was that just for Popmart?

No, that's a normal thing. They've played there on both Elevation and Vertigo. The second Las Vegas gig on Vertigo had In A Little While with Brandon Flowers of The Killers, which you can imagine I loooved. :wink:

Alisaura said:

They must do... or else there are a lot of very bored middle-aged women out there... I wonder if those people get paid by the hour or by the text message/phone call?

Unless it's a bot sending the text messages. THAT would be funny.

It amazes me that apparently enough people fall for this that there are multiple competing agencies out there. I love how the ads have these bikini clad women cruising around on boats with comments about "want to talk to girls?!" Yeah, I bet that's EXACTLY how it works, rather than being some greasy forty-something guy ...

Or, yeah, a bot. That would be too funny. :laugh:

Axver said:
No, that's a normal thing. They've played there on both Elevation and Vertigo. The second Las Vegas gig on Vertigo had In A Little While with Brandon Flowers of The Killers, which you can imagine I loooved. :wink:
... I can't decide if you're being sarcastic or not... :scratch:

Hey, it's late and I'm tired. :tongue:

Alisaura said:

... I can't decide if you're being sarcastic or not... :scratch:

Hey, it's late and I'm tired. :tongue:

Very, very sarcastic!

Though admittedly the setlist nerd side of me was excited because it was only the second performance of In A Little While since 2001. It was played 12 September 2005 in Toronto and then 9 November 2005 in Las Vegas. I can at least appreciate the rarity aspect!

I thought you were... but there was that little niggling doubt... :wink:

I can just imagine you at Melb II... Edge and Bono start up The First Time...

Half the crowd: "OMG I can't believe they're playing First Time!!" :hyper:
Other half: "... is this a new song?" :scratch:
Axver: *scribbling notes furiously* "How interesting, this hasn't been played since (time/date/city)..."

:wink:

Alisaura said:
By the way, this new u2gigs.com domain still has the "VT" logo in the address bar ... :wink:

:lol: Yeah, we haven't changed anything besides the domain name yet. Still trying to decide how drastically we want to overhaul the site layout and that sort of thing. It's the quiet off-season, we can take our time. :wink:

Alisaura said:
I thought you were... but there was that little niggling doubt... :wink:

I can just imagine you at Melb II... Edge and Bono start up The First Time...

Half the crowd: "OMG I can't believe they're playing First Time!!" :hyper:
Other half: "... is this a new song?" :scratch:
Axver: *scribbling notes furiously* "How interesting, this hasn't been played since (time/date/city)..."

:wink:

You (wouldn't) be surprised to know just how close to the truth this is. Daniel and I were all "woah shit it's The First Time!", followed by me blurting out how it was the first time it had ever been played outside the Americas and scribbling it down on my setlist notepad.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom