Cumbum Superthread

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Status
Not open for further replies.
Axver said:

Do you know if the NPC plans to continue doing it this year? I fucking hope not. But then just about everything they've done with the NPC the last few years has been nothing short of an absolute fuck-up. This isn't the tournament that captured my imagination when I was seven.

I don't know. I don't think anyone knows.

My big question is, after seeing the crowds at Counties-Manukau games at Mt Smart, is, if Counties lose a game and nobody is around to see it, did they really lose?

coolian2 said:

I genuinely can't wait to see the next stupid idea.

They keep gibbering about some "DLF Maximum Sixes" award, but I've no fucking idea what exactly the award is. I've at least worked out that it goes to whoever hits the most sixes. I think.

Axver said:

They keep gibbering about some "DLF Maximum Sixes" award, but I've no fucking idea what exactly the award is. I've at least worked out that it goes to whoever hits the most sixes. I think.

That might just settle it. As soon as this game finishes i'm going to go to sleep and set my alarm to watch the game that's on in a few hours here.

mysterious_jen said:

drinking affects my BMI :lol:

and my liver. not good. any small knock or bump gives me massive bruising. so its good for my body to quit. not so good for my mind though . :eeklaugh:

Well, those are good reasons. But it'll seem just a bit peculiar on Friday if we decide to do dinner or something after U2 3D/before PT and I get booze and you don't!

coolian2 said:

That might just settle it. As soon as this game finishes i'm going to go to sleep and set my alarm to watch the game that's on in a few hours here.

There are also CHEERLEADERS.

For CRICKET.

CHEERLEADERS.

WHAT THE FUCK, PEOPLE.

coolian2 said:

I don't know. I don't think anyone knows.

My big question is, after seeing the crowds at Counties-Manukau games at Mt Smart, is, if Counties lose a game and nobody is around to see it, did they really lose?

:lmao: My father made similar comments all through the last season. It sounded dire. Fuck, it sounded like Buller and Poverty Bay were doing a better job pulling crowds than Counties!

Axver said:

Well, those are good reasons. But it'll seem just a bit peculiar on Friday if we decide to do dinner or something after U2 3D/before PT and I get booze and you don't!

i can guarantee you i am 100% sure i will be drinking by friday.

otherwise the likelyhood of a homicide is very very high.

mysterious_jen said:

i can guarantee you i am 100% sure i will be drinking by friday.

otherwise the likelyhood of a homicide is very very high.

:lol: I knew it.

How long do you think this will last? i.e. are you at least going to do better than my aunt, who will have a shocking hangover in the morning, vow to never drink again, and get pissed by 8pm that night?

coolian2 said:

Sounds like the skimpy dressed male and female dancers at South African Twenty20 games.

And don't forget the Fly Kingfisher Fair Play Awards, where after the game, the umpires give points for various attributes to the teams to determine who played best/fairest.

Axver said:

:lol: I knew it.

How long do you think this will last? i.e. are you at least going to do better than my aunt, who will have a shocking hangover in the morning, vow to never drink again, and get pissed by 8pm that night?

yeah thats usually my thing .

mysterious_jen said:
cheerleaders at cricket? wtf. like cheerleaders at AFL . doesn't work.

Yeah. It's just demented. Keep the cheerleading to poofter sports like league. :wink:

Axver said:

:lmao: My father made similar comments all through the last season. It sounded dire. Fuck, it sounded like Buller and Poverty Bay were doing a better job pulling crowds than Counties!

I loved that they reported crowds of 2000ish to the games. Um, no. I've seen a crowd of 4200 at a Warriors game there, and some of the Counties crowds would have aspired to be half of that.

coolian2 said:

I loved that they reported crowds of 2000ish to the games. Um, no. I've seen a crowd of 4200 at a Warriors game there, and some of the Counties crowds would have aspired to be half of that.

They're probably just counting how many days it's been since the majority of their fans have had a shower.

We have a new vacuum cleaner. It's fucking dangerous.

It get's statically charged really fast, everytime you touch the metal part of it you get a big fucking zap, and i was sure i got a shock through the plastic grip too.

Not to mention the carpet throughout the entire house is charged too. I stroked one of the cats this evening and touched his nose.....needless to say, he was VERY pissed off.

coolian2 said:

It get's statically charged really fast, everytime you touch the metal part of it you get a big fucking zap, and i was sure i got a shock through the plastic grip too.

Not to mention the carpet throughout the entire house is charged too. I stroked one of the cats this evening and touched his nose.....needless to say, he was VERY pissed off.

:lmao: PMSL

coolian2 said:

There are so many things just fundamentally wrong with that statement! :lol:

It's called baiting you with ever-more-ridiculous statements. :wink:

Though seriously, I don't like the presence of cheerleaders in league. Or any sport. It cheapens it. It's like somebody sat around and said "we don't have enough 17 year old guys who can't form complete sentences coming to our games. How shall we attract them? Ooh, I know ..."

coolian2 said:

I'll count my blessings that the only thing wrong with my vacuum cleaner is that after about five minutes of it screaming away, you think the world's going to fucking end.

coolian2 said:

That explains the 200,000 crowd reported for the first game of the year.

:lmao:

COUNTIES-MANUKAU = OWNED.

Incidentally, I hear a short branch railway is being built off the Southern line into central Manukau. Now, here in Melbourne, we have a train from Frankston to Stony Point nicknamed the Feral Flyer. I expect this nickname to very quickly cross the Tasman to be applied to the Manukau trains.

Axver said:

It's called baiting you with ever-more-ridiculous statements. :wink:

Though seriously, I don't like the presence of cheerleaders in league. Or any sport. It cheapens it. It's like somebody sat around and said "we don't have enough 17 year old guys who can't form complete sentences coming to our games. How shall we attract them? Ooh, I know ..."

:lol: I was going to note the presence of rugby cheerleaders but i knew you HAD to be joking.

But yeah, i can understand cheerleading from a professional dancing standpoint, in that it's better to dance in front of people than an empty gym. The TV show about the Warriors cheerleaders last year affirmed that view.

There were cheerleaders when i first started going to the Warriors. Then they disappeared for a few years and they came back last year.

It actually does improve the pre-game experience. Instead of going through some silly competition and sitting and waiting for 10 minutes for the teams to come out there is constantly something happening.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom