Cumbum Superthread

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Status
Not open for further replies.
Surely we can push this thing to a new thread tonight. Weren't we going to do Hell For Certain, Kentucky or something?

HOLY SHIT MY EXTERNAL HARD DRIVE THAT HASN'T WORKED FOR MONTHS ON MY PC IS BEING RECOGNISED!

Wow, this is awesome. I'm more excited about this than I really should be. Time to transfer crap off the Windows onto the external drive and free up space!

Yeah, it's a riveting conversation topic, I assure you.

Did you see what happened in the cricket last night in the Kolkata vs Hyderabad (Deccan Chargers) game?

Argh jesus. I don't gamble but i wish i'd followed the instinct i'd had earlier today and put a lazy $5 on the Canberra Raiders tonight. They were paying $4.10 to win and they're currently up 16-4 and putting shitloads of pressure on Melbourne.

mysterious_jen said:
im kinda here, but arent we all just having conversations with ourselves?

Kinda. So, any word on U2 3D's continued showings? Weren't they meant to be putting up more showtimes for the coming week today?

coolian2 said:
Argh jesus. I don't gamble but i wish i'd followed the instinct i'd had earlier today and put a lazy $5 on the Canberra Raiders tonight. They were paying $4.10 to win and they're currently up 16-4 and putting shitloads of pressure on Melbourne.

What the hell? A game on Monday?

mysterious_jen said:
u23d anzac day - 3pm , 7.35 :drool:

Well, I (and Ali, I'm guessing?) may be able to fit in the 3pm showing before the PORCUPINE TREE GIG FUCK YES.

coolian2 said:

:laugh:

Oh my god, i'm going to have to find a video report of the match somewhere

The best part? If they had abandoned the game, it would have been tied based on Duckworth-Lewis. Luckily for Kolkata, the lights were fixed in time. So they interviewed Billy Bowden and asked him what would've done had the game been abandoned and the result a tie. His response was "ooh, we would've had a bowl-out!" with this look on his face like the idea really excited him and he wished the light tower hadn't been fixed!

It was absolutely the perfect game for Bowden to umpire. It was so bloody comical.

mysterious_jen said:
im kinda all about :drool:

but looking at my bank balance was a case of

OH SWEET MERCIFUL FUCKING HELL. :|

lucky pay day is tomorrow.

We all know you'll go into debt for U2. :wink:

But will you come to PT with us too?

Axver said:

The best part? If they had abandoned the game, it would have been tied based on Duckworth-Lewis. Luckily for Kolkata, the lights were fixed in time. So they interviewed Billy Bowden and asked him what would've done had the game been abandoned and the result a tie. His response was "ooh, we would've had a bowl-out!" with this look on his face like the idea really excited him and he wished the light tower hadn't been fixed!

It was absolutely the perfect game for Bowden to umpire. It was so bloody comical.

Oh fuck that was funny, i just saw a fair bit of it :lol:

coolian2 said:

Yep. They've only been doing it since the start of last year

Huh, weird. Perhaps not quite as weird as the NPC playing games on Thursday, but still weird.

In my mind, you only play sport on Friday nights, Saturdays, Sundays, and maybe some public holidays. Unless the sport in question is cricket, of course.

Axver said:

Huh, weird. Perhaps not quite as weird as the NPC playing games on Thursday, but still weird.

In my mind, you only play sport on Friday nights, Saturdays, Sundays, and maybe some public holidays. Unless the sport in question is cricket, of course.

No, the NPC doing that was just fucking stupid. At least Monday Night Football has been done in the past in league and is actually a TV ratings and generally speaking crowds success.

coolian2 said:

Oh fuck that was funny, i just saw a fair bit of it :lol:

I couldn't stop laughing when it was happening. IPL FTW! For all your cricket, cheesy Indian music, and dying floodlight needs!

coolian2 said:
Oh, and the orange hat for the leading run scorer, how only-in-India gimmicky!

It's like they looked at the Tour de France, saw the whole yellow jersey thing, and tried to figure out how to transfer it to cricket without actually contemplating whether or not that's actually a good idea.

mysterious_jen said:
i am in a permanent state of debt for u2.

but i reaaaaaalllly am freaking out . then again could be because i decided to stop smoking and drinking today .

:crack:

Stopping smoking: :up:

But why drinking too?

coolian2 said:

No, the NPC doing that was just fucking stupid. At least Monday Night Football has been done in the past in league and is actually a TV ratings and generally speaking crowds success.

Do you know if the NPC plans to continue doing it this year? I fucking hope not. But then just about everything they've done with the NPC the last few years has been nothing short of an absolute fuck-up. This isn't the tournament that captured my imagination when I was seven.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom