Cumbum Superthread

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Status
Not open for further replies.
I guess there was a bit of flow from Wilco->Sufjan Stevens->Neutral Milk Hotel.

the tourist said:
I guess there was a bit of flow from Wilco->Sufjan Stevens->Neutral Milk Hotel.

Nah. Sheer coincidence. He's just trying to fit as much indie into a 2.5 hour block as possible.

phillyfan26 said:

I was quite fortunate to see the undefeated St. Joe's team play three times.

Jalonte (made that up on the spot) FTW

Nice.

The closest good college team to me is Florida, and there's no fucking way I'll ever support them in any shape or form.

Jalonte, I like that.

Ponkine's more anti-American than Axver.

Thus, his thread is going to get a full dose of me.

Since you guys were talking about the genesis of your lists:

I: Actually what I would've taken on a desert island at that time. I took things literally.

II: Try and make a diverse list and add some flow-jo. I think it's my best from a song standpoint, but weakest-constructed list.

III: Set it up like a stage-play, inspired by Wes Anderson. Softer and more restrained than my others, but the pacing is off in certain parts.

IV: 2 words: Da Funk.

L-Mel, I've stumbled upon a great set of songs for a replacement list if our combo doesn't work next time around.

If I'm Daniel Plainview, then I will make Axver my Eli.

phillyfan26 said:

I left my mark on there.

Can't stand that guy.

Amen.

He thinks you can't close a thread (with the [/thread]) UNLESS you open it first (with the [thread])

First song I've actually enjoyed is the one by the band with the pretentious title. !!!

LemonMelon said:

Cool. PM them over.

It's a rough set of about 100 tracks, so maybe after I whittle it down to a more manageable size.

the tourist said:
First song I've actually enjoyed is the one by the band with the pretentious title. !!!

Pronounced "chk-chk-chk." Terrible title, but a groovy band.

And P-funk, the Supper's Ready comment killed me in the other thread.

How does !!! get pronounced "chk-chk-chk" and who's to fucking asshole who decided that's what his band should be named?

phillyfan26 said:

I left my mark on there.

Can't stand that guy.

Same.

My original post was "You stupid bastard, by leaving, you'll surely kill us all!!!" but then I remembered that section is actually moderated.

LemonMelon said:

Same.

My original post was "You stupid bastard, by leaving, you'll surely kill us all!!!" but then I remembered that section is actually moderated.

:lol:

LemonMelon said:

Same.

This is too. I learned that the hard way and then forgot and then re-learned.

the tourist said:
How does !!! get pronounced "chk-chk-chk" and who's to fucking asshole who decided that's what his band should be named?

I don't know, but I do think the guys from Neutral Milk Hotel are the arbiters of every decision of Pretentious Indie Rock.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom