crowded house - farewell to the world dvd - Page 2 - U2 Feedback

Go Back   U2 Feedback > Lypton Village > Lemonade Stand > Lemonade Stand Archive
Click Here to Login

Old 01-04-2007, 02:35 PM   #16
ONE
love, blood, life

Local Time: 08:37 AM
I checked it out on youtube because I've never seen the vid before.

I found it inexplicably sad.

Paul's just so full of energy and humour, it's really hard to know he's not around any more.

Old 01-05-2007, 03:41 AM   #17
The Fly

Local Time: 10:37 AM
I've never actually thought of that clip as sad. I'm a long time Paul Hester fan and while there have been many sad moments since his passing, this particular clip reminds me of the amazing energy, humour and talent he possessed. Admittedly, I've had this footage for ten years so I'm sure if I were seeing it for the first time, I too, would be emotionally upset.

I'm just so grateful that we actually have this fantastic footage to commemorate such a wonderful man.

Old 01-05-2007, 04:28 AM   #18
ONE
love, blood, life

Local Time: 08:37 AM
Yeah I get where you're coming from.

Also found some footage of Neil doing 'Better Be Home Soon' in tribute to Paul at the ARIAs.

Lovely video montage to begin with, but God knows how Neil went through the performance without cracking.

I think I'm going to buy this once I get my paycheck.
Old 01-05-2007, 05:02 AM   #19
you are what you is

Local Time: 01:37 AM
pondering about getting this one

I tend not to watch music dvd's a lot though
“Some scientists claim that hydrogen, because it is so plentiful, is the basic building block of the universe. I dispute that. I say there is more stupidity than hydrogen, and that is the basic building block of the universe.”
~Frank Zappa
Old 01-05-2007, 07:42 AM   #20
The Fly

Quote:
Originally posted by yertle-the-turtle
Yeah I get where you're coming from.

Also found some footage of Neil doing 'Better Be Home Soon' in tribute to Paul at the ARIAs.

Lovely video montage to begin with, but God knows how Neil went through the performance without cracking.

I think I'm going to buy this once I get my paycheck.
That ARIA footage is the most emotionally distressing vision I have ever seen. I actually flew to Sydney just to be in the same room as Neil that night because I knew it would be something very special. How he managed to get through that emotional performance defies comprehension... As a result, he cemented my eternal respect and admiration for him.

To anyone who ever had a passing interest in the Crowdies, go ahead and get FTTW if you can. It's a great celebration of an amzing Australian band.
Old 01-05-2007, 10:24 AM   #21
The Fly

Local Time: 07:37 PM
I love Crowded House and Neil Finn and can't wait for the DVD to come out in the USA. If you ever get the chance to see Neil live, I highly recommend it. Seeing as how he's not really popular here in the states, he tends to play smaller, more intimate venues and I think the fans are all the luckier for it.
Old 01-05-2007, 11:43 AM   #22
Blue Crack Supplier

Quote:
Originally posted by Salome
pondering about getting this one
Same here. Or rather, it's on my to-get list, but I don't know yet when I'm gonna buy it.

Crowded House!
Old 01-05-2007, 12:38 PM   #23
ONE
love, blood, life

i got this one today. love it so far.

sister madly
Old 01-22-2007, 03:30 AM   #24
The Fly

Glad to hear you're loving it, U2Man!

Did anybody else catch THAT newspaper article yesterday?

Old 01-22-2007, 05:38 AM   #25
Rock n' Roll Doggie
ALL ACCESS

Local Time: 11:07 AM
Yes, is it really happening???? I mean, I wanna see the Crowdies again, well Neil and Nick, but at the same time is it really the Crowdies?? Oh bugger it, I wanna see Neil and Nick again! Last year, the Enz, now the House!
Old 01-22-2007, 05:50 AM   #26
The Fly

Ah yes, Neil and Nick together!

I was thrilled to meet them in Sydney last year. What lovely guys!
Old 01-22-2007, 04:36 PM   #27
Vocal parasite

Local Time: 11:37 AM
They aren't going to call it Crowded House, are they? I've read the article on Stuff.co.nz and it's pretty bloody exciting, but it seems non-commital on whether the band will actually be the Crowdies or not. As I've said before on this forum, I feel a bit uneasy with a reformed Crowded House.

Ian McCulloch the U2 fan:
"Who buys U2 records anyway? It's just music for plumbers and bricklayers. Bono, what a slob. You'd think with all that climbing about he does, he'd look real fit and that. But he's real fat, y'know. Reminds me of a soddin' mountain goat."
"And as for Bono, he needs a colostomy bag for his mouth."

U2gigs: The most comprehensive U2 setlist database!
Gig pictures | Blog
Old 01-22-2007, 04:39 PM   #28
ONE
love, blood, life

it seems a little weird to rerelease a farewell to the world dvd and then reunite in the same year.
Old 01-22-2007, 04:51 PM   #29
ONE
love, blood, life

will tim join too?
Old 01-22-2007, 06:14 PM   #30
Refugee

Local Time: 12:37 AM
Prior to Paul Hesters death in March 2005, there were strong indications that Neil Finn was to do a Crowded House reunion at the end of 2005. One of Pauls final performances, if not his last ever, was reuniting with Neil and Tim Finn in December 2004 to play a couple CH songs with them for Australian tv. After this occured, Neil indicated that he was interested in reuniting the band after his 2004-2005 Finn brothers tour ended.

It's hard to imagine Crowded House without Paul Hester, but Paul quit the band in early 1994 while on tour in the US and was replaced by Peter Jones. Peter technically was not an official member of the group but he did finish out the Together Alone tour with the band and went on to record with the band on their initial recordings for their 5th album, which was never released.

Mark Hart had toured with CH as their keyboard player for the Woodface tour of 1991-92 and became an official member of the band for their 4th album Together Alone. After Paul left the band, they were back to the trio of Neil, Nick and Mark. When in 1996 they chose to record 3 new songs for a best of album shortly before they broke up, Paul was brought back in to play drums on those songs, but was not considered a current member of the band. As the best of album was about to be released, Neil decided to end the band and when they did 2 farewell performances in November 1996, Paul came back to play with the band.

The Crowded House that is reuniting this year is their final official line-up: Neil Finn, Nick Seymour and Mark Hart. The upcoming CH album began as a Neil Finn solo album where Nick played bass throughout and it has morphed into a CH album. Mark does not appear on the album unless he was added to it with overdubs when Neil came to Los Angeles (where Mark lives) in December to finish the album.

It's completely accurate to call these 3 musicians playing together as Crowded House, as what we will be seeing is the final official lineup of the band.