Crap, Albania Superthread - Page 10 - U2 Feedback

Go Back   U2 Feedback > Lypton Village > Lemonade Stand > Lemonade Stand Archive
Click Here to Login

Old 07-14-2008, 10:48 AM   #136
ONE
love, blood, life

Local Time: 05:47 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by The Sad Punk View Post
I drank V8 today because of you!

I love it. I am so addicted to that stuff. I had some yesterday but it kind of hurt my throat. (I have a minor cold, so my throat is sore. Lame.) I mostly only drink it after a night of hitting some kind of bottle. I have a tendency to sort of overdo it from time to time.

Old 07-14-2008, 10:49 AM   #137
Vocal parasite

Local Time: 08:47 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by The Sad Punk View Post
!

Is this one I'm familiar with?
If you're familiar with the one where I was telling Screwtape why experience is a good thing, then yes.

Ian McCulloch the U2 fan:
"Who buys U2 records anyway? It's just music for plumbers and bricklayers. Bono, what a slob. You'd think with all that climbing about he does, he'd look real fit and that. But he's real fat, y'know. Reminds me of a soddin' mountain goat."
"And as for Bono, he needs a colostomy bag for his mouth."

U2gigs: The most comprehensive U2 setlist database!
Gig pictures | Blog
Old 07-14-2008, 10:50 AM   #138
Blue Crack Addict

Local Time: 03:47 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Eazy-V View Post
I type pretty much perfectly when drunk. All I do differently is ruin friendships and relationships by being far too honest on MSN and making far too honest facebook status updates. Yeah, that's all.
HA!

I drunktexted my best friend at work and have no idea what I texted him. MY phone asks if I want to save the outgoing ones, and I apparently didn't Friday night, so all I have is Derek's end of the conversation. And he was hammered too, so I have NO idea what I said based on his replies. Work's gonna be FUN today.
Old 07-14-2008, 10:52 AM   #139
Vocal parasite

Right now, it's like the old days! :nostalgia:

Who Posted?
Total Posts: 138
User Name Posts
Varitek 39
Axver 37

Serena Vox 21
phillyfan26 14
RegularBonoFan 13
The Sad Punk 7
Eazy-V 5
major_panic 1
Zootlesque 1

"Who buys U2 records anyway? It's just music for plumbers and bricklayers. Bono, what a slob. You'd think with all that climbing about he does, he'd look real fit and that. But he's real fat, y'know. Reminds me of a soddin' mountain goat."

Gig pictures | Blog
Old 07-14-2008, 10:53 AM   #140
ONE
love, blood, life

Quote:
Originally Posted by Axver View Post
I wonder if the fact I grew up drinking alcohol from a very young age helped my tolerance levels. My family gave me little bits and eased me into it so I'm quite used to drinking. I mean, by the age of seven, I could tell you the variety, vintage, and vineyard of my favourite wine.

Oooh, awesome. And yes, the picspam would be BRUTAL on your dialup, I'm sure.

Yeah, but it was such a nice hardback copy that I suppose they didn't want to part with it either! Ah well.

Awesome!
Oh wow. That's really cool. I'd had wine and things like that in my teen years, but never any earlier than like 16. I never really drank much until a little over a year ago, in fact. The first time I was drunk, I thought I broke my big toe because my friend tripped over and fell on my foot. And I spent a lot of the night babbling on something like, "I want to listen to Bono."

Remind me to disable images then so I can view them one at a time!
There's some railroad tracks near here that I like to go by with my brother or friends and we usually see trains go by. It's pretty cool. We sat on the bike path one day and watched one with a shit load of cars go by.

Oh well, I am sure that you may find it somewhere! (If you don't already own it.)

And yeah, once I get a digicam of some sort, I am gonna wanna go taking pics of things and the railroad was the first thing I thought of. These trains look very, very old though. Like back in the day.
Old 07-14-2008, 10:53 AM   #141
Blue Crack Addict

Local Time: 04:47 PM
Quote:
I still remember you drunkenly berating me for my opinion on E. E. Cummings in some random EYKIW thread!
YES YES YES
Old 07-14-2008, 10:54 AM   #142
ONE
love, blood, life

Quote:
Originally Posted by RegularBonoFan View Post
HA!

I drunktexted my best friend at work and have no idea what I texted him. MY phone asks if I want to save the outgoing ones, and I apparently didn't Friday night, so all I have is Derek's end of the conversation. And he was hammered too, so I have NO idea what I said based on his replies. Work's gonna be FUN today.
I told ya you'd probably regret it.
I kept telling you NOT to drunk text him.
Old 07-14-2008, 10:55 AM   #143
ONE
love, blood, life

...I was only supposed to be here for a minute. Oops.
Looks like I'm already hopelessly addicted to this place.

Oh well, I got breakfast anyway, what's it gonna hurt to stay a while.
Old 07-14-2008, 10:55 AM   #144
Blue Crack Addict

Quote:
Originally Posted by Serena Vox View Post
I get really nauseous a lot of the time (when hungover), but I've never actually puked from a hangover. I still say V8 is why.
hmmm i have heard tomato juice, or tomato juice with chicken broth is good. i never did much at college besides staying up online or watching tv while eating something salty and drinking water, but i think i should try v8 and/or gatorade instead. i did actually ahve access to v8 on the meal plan, not gatorade, so i should have tried that. i'm hoping not to get that drunk again ever, but when i'm settled down in september i will keep in mind that i should have better remedies than water at hand.
Old 07-14-2008, 10:56 AM   #145
Blue Crack Addict

Quote:
You've missed ... at least one oversharing incident from me that may have scarred LMP for life.
uhhhh i wanna hear about this or see evidence but gtg now. link me in email!
Old 07-14-2008, 10:57 AM   #146
Blue Crack Supplier

Quote:
Originally Posted by Varitek View Post
I'll take care of this. I am THE HISTORIAN, after all.
Old 07-14-2008, 10:58 AM   #147
Vocal parasite

Quote:
I'll let you know, heh.

See you later, Vazza!

Gig pictures | Blog
Old 07-14-2008, 10:58 AM   #148
Blue Crack Addict

Local Time: 03:47 PM
buttle the blu sky.

I am renaming that track in my iTunes.
Old 07-14-2008, 11:00 AM   #149
ONE
love, blood, life

Quote:
hmmm i have heard tomato juice, or tomato juice with chicken broth is good. i never did much at college besides staying up online or watching tv while eating something salty and drinking water, but i think i should try v8 and/or gatorade instead. i did actually ahve access to v8 on the meal plan, not gatorade, so i should have tried that. i'm hoping not to get that drunk again ever, but when i'm settled down in september i will keep in mind that i should have better remedies than water at hand.
I've never actually heard that. Mind you I've never actually heard a lot about hangover remedies before, except for water (which actually will get me drunk all over again if I drink it AFTER I've sobered.) and aspirin. Then the last time I had a killer hangover, my friend suggested V8, so I got some with a couple grinds of sea salt in it and it worked wonders.

I tend to end up pretty nauseous and it always helps. Even when it's not because of alcohol.
Old 07-14-2008, 11:01 AM   #150
Vocal parasite

Quote:
Originally Posted by Serena Vox View Post
Oh wow. That's really cool. I'd had wine and things like that in my teen years, but never any earlier than like 16. I never really drank much until a little over a year ago, in fact. The first time I was drunk, I thought I broke my big toe because my friend tripped over and fell on my foot. And I spent a lot of the night babbling on something like, "I want to listen to Bono."

Remind me to disable images then so I can view them one at a time!
There's some railroad tracks near here that I like to go by with my brother or friends and we usually see trains go by. It's pretty cool. We sat on the bike path one day and watched one with a shit load of cars go by.

Oh well, I am sure that you may find it somewhere! (If you don't already own it.)

And yeah, once I get a digicam of some sort, I am gonna wanna go taking pics of things and the railroad was the first thing I thought of. These trains look very, very old though. Like back in the day.
When I was little, I'd accompany my father when he went around vineyards in the Martinborough region of New Zealand. Good times. He was friends with some of the owners and on at least one occasion we helped with the harvest of the grapes. I pinched a fair few off the vines! And I'd actually never been drunk until May this year - I'd always closely watched my drinking.

Ooh, neat. I ride the trams to get pretty much anywhere, which I love - and Melbourne has a huge network, so it's very convenient, and they connect well with the trains.

I'd be quite interested to see pictures! Hope you can get a camera soon. I've loved having one, and am already thinking about upgrading to something higher quality.

Gig pictures | Blog

Tags
superthread