Craggy Island Superthread

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Status
Not open for further replies.
What honestly happened is that, in my first time listening to DI lists, I was expecting ... I don't know, more? I guess I hadn't really understood that there were going to be so many different artists that there'd be a lot of things I wasn't too thrilled on. The more I listened, the more I figured out how to grade properly. Second listens to yours and YLB's last time thrust both of you into my top five, when compared to the other lists. I just didn't really figure out that it wasn't going to be as much to my taste as I thought it was. Stupid? Yes. But explainable? I hope so.

No, it makes sense. For me, first listens grab my attention and provoke some type of guy reaction. The second listen just affirms all of it.

Tough to say after one listen. I'd lean slightly towards yours after the first, probably a little more that appealed to me, but it's close.

Cool.

I'm making edits to mine before I send it out. I still feel like I could do more towards the end.

God, now I'm hung up on switching a track or two out with something else. I'm worried that if I do that, I'd end up switching too much around.

What honestly happened is that, in my first time listening to DI lists, I was expecting ... I don't know, more? I guess I hadn't really understood that there were going to be so many different artists that there'd be a lot of things I wasn't too thrilled on. The more I listened, the more I figured out how to grade properly. Second listens to yours and YLB's last time thrust both of you into my top five, when compared to the other lists. I just didn't really figure out that it wasn't going to be as much to my taste as I thought it was. Stupid? Yes. But explainable? I hope so.

Totally understandable. I always like my own lists far more than any others, for obvious reasons, but there are always a couple that take be by surprise, and those are the ones that reach the A range. The enjoyable but flawed ones are B level, the C's are a mess but have great moments, and anything lower is pretty unbearable.

Don't be afraid to revert back if it ends up being a domino effect. What you've got going is certainly respectable.

Don't be afraid to revert back if it ends up being a domino effect. What you've got going is certainly respectable.

Took me a few minutes to realize you were talking to me. :lol:

It's probably an easy 3-song switcheroo, nothing that would mess up the flow or anything, just improve the song quality.

Took me a few minutes to realize you were talking to me. :lol:

It's probably an easy 3-song switcheroo, nothing that would mess up the flow or anything, just improve the song quality.

I should use that whole quote feature. I hear it helps.

I think I have three instrumentals so far. I'm heading downstairs now to try to finish up the list.

What do you guys think, how much instrumental is too much for a DI list?

Depends on the context, but I'd have to concur with my colleagues with three. If it's an energetic instrumental, then it's a different story.

Just made some adjustments to my DI list, added a few more tracks, changed some things up. I like how it's turned out.

Damn. My second disc is much too long to keep this as a disc format. Which means I need a transition in the middle between two very different tracks.

OK, segueing Elliott Smith into a song as funky as Since I Left You should be a crime against nature, but I'm doing it. Otherwise you have no proper intro; you're just tossed right into this dance party with no context.

I'm currently seguing Passengers into post-punk U2. I can't find a decent segue. I might have to reconstruct this whole part of my list in the middle.

Due to edits in my list, it's become Always Forever Now into Rejoice. Ugh. I need to work around this somehow.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom