Craggy Island Superthread

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Status
Not open for further replies.
Luke and Owen Wilson play guys who want to go into a life of crime, and they're terribly bad at it. James Caan is the local godfather who takes them under his wing.

It's Anderson's and both Wilson's debut film, so it's a bit rough, but it's still pretty good. I think Martin Scorsese once said it was his favorite film of the '90s, so that's nice.

I'll have to check it out. :up:

Right.

I love Clooney, but I didn't warm up to him until I saw him in O Brother, Where Art Thou? and Syriana. If we're still making half-assed comparisons between modern and classic actors, then Clooney is like today's Cary Grant. He can sell a movie based on personality, but still has the chops to carry the role. I still need to see Michael Clayton, Out of Sight, and some of his other noteworthy films.

You know what, I dont' know what I was thinking, for some reason for a moment there I got George Clooney mixed up with someone completely different. I like George Clooney :reject:

Quiet you :grumpy: :)wink: )

Actually it was Brad Pitt. He's been in more movies that I've disliked then liked latey

He's awesome in the right roles. I think he's going to be great in the new Coen Bros. movie and Benjamin Button.

I feel pretty crappy, had a terrible night at work, I'm going to probably get written up for yelling at a customer (if she would've stopped cutting me off every two seconds when I tried to tell her what she wanted), and my back hurts. Probably going to check out quite early tonight

I feel pretty crappy, had a terrible night at work, I'm going to probably get written up for yelling at a customer (if she would've stopped cutting me off every two seconds when I tried to tell her what she wanted), and my back hurts. Probably going to check out quite early tonight

This is why I don't work retail. Too many morons.

I wandered into PLEBA today and found the thread about Wayne's name getting crossed off the door to Hanover Quay.

My favorite part is when Carek says someone should tell Bono about it.

... the fuck?! :lmao:

Well, that made catching up on the thread worth it in and of itself.

Also, catching up on this thread makes me think I really need to get my act together and finally upload my DI V draft.

I probably would've done it already if it weren't for the fact I play all my music on my Mac but it won't connect to the Internet - I suspect due to faulty ethernet.

This is why I don't work retail. Too many morons.

I mean, it was from the moment these people walked in the door. First the daughter asks what's on the Italian, cuts me off half way through the list of ingredients and starts telling me all this stuff she wants to change, and then like motions at me to continue to tell her what's on the sandwich. Then she walks away, and the son walks up to order...and asks me what's on the Italian! God people don't listen. So then that's fine, husband orders and Italian too, then the wife decides she wants a large Prime Rib Ranchero, which is this Limited Time Only (LTO) sandwich, and is freaking expensive, 11.99, and she says she doesn't want the peppers that come on.

SO, I go back to help Brittany make the sandwiches, and Brittany starts making the wrong kind of Prime rib (we have THREE different prime rib sandwiches :banghead: ) and I realize that i rang up the wrong prime rib, so she "only" got charged 10.99 anyways, but it wasn't a bid deal. I make her sandwich, and walk past the cash register to go to the back of the store, and she stops me to ask if she can have this Aj Jus dip we have on the side. I tell her there will be a .40 charge, and she just looks at me like I'm crazy. Then she goes into this tirade about how I already overcharged her $2 for her sandwich, since the prime ribs are on sale for $9 (which, they are, just not the Prime Rib Ranchero, cause it's LTO). I tell her that the Ranchero's not on sale, adn she tells me, "But I Didn't get the peppers on it, so it's no different then the other Prime Rib." Apparently, therefore, I should give her $3 off her sandwich. I tell her there are several other differences between her sandwich and the regular Prime Rib, but everytime I try to explain the difference she interrupts and asks how it's any different, so I start over again. Finally I tell her I'll give her the difference and we'll just remake her a new sandwich that's the regular Primer Rib. But then the cash register decides it doesn't want me to do a refund, so, i get even more frusterated, and finally the lady goes "Just give me the Aj Jus and I'll forget the difference." So I get her the Aj Jus, kind of toss it roughly at the kid wrapping, and go in the back and start yelling at him when he follows Me back there because he can't get it through his head that we're making her a new sandwich, so I yell at him, she heard me in the lobby, complained to Brittany, wrote down my name, and is calling my boss tomorrow.

sorry that was a long and pointless story

Psh, this site has much that is more long and pointless. Like my train posts. :wink:

And yeah, those people are definitely why I find doing retail jobs bloody unappealling. Just sounds like a bunch of impatient twits who like the sound of their own voice asking questions more than they like getting facts straight. Hopefully your boss won't give a toss about what they have to say.

I mean, it was from the moment these people walked in the door. First the daughter asks what's on the Italian, cuts me off half way through the list of ingredients and starts telling me all this stuff she wants to change, and then like motions at me to continue to tell her what's on the sandwich. Then she walks away, and the son walks up to order...and asks me what's on the Italian! God people don't listen. So then that's fine, husband orders and Italian too, then the wife decides she wants a large Prime Rib Ranchero, which is this Limited Time Only (LTO) sandwich, and is freaking expensive, 11.99, and she says she doesn't want the peppers that come on.

SO, I go back to help Brittany make the sandwiches, and Brittany starts making the wrong kind of Prime rib (we have THREE different prime rib sandwiches :banghead: ) and I realize that i rang up the wrong prime rib, so she "only" got charged 10.99 anyways, but it wasn't a bid deal. I make her sandwich, and walk past the cash register to go to the back of the store, and she stops me to ask if she can have this Aj Jus dip we have on the side. I tell her there will be a .40 charge, and she just looks at me like I'm crazy. Then she goes into this tirade about how I already overcharged her $2 for her sandwich, since the prime ribs are on sale for $9 (which, they are, just not the Prime Rib Ranchero, cause it's LTO). I tell her that the Ranchero's not on sale, adn she tells me, "But I Didn't get the peppers on it, so it's no different then the other Prime Rib." Apparently, therefore, I should give her $3 off her sandwich. I tell her there are several other differences between her sandwich and the regular Prime Rib, but everytime I try to explain the difference she interrupts and asks how it's any different, so I start over again. Finally I tell her I'll give her the difference and we'll just remake her a new sandwich that's the regular Primer Rib. But then the cash register decides it doesn't want me to do a refund, so, i get even more frusterated, and finally the lady goes "Just give me the Aj Jus and I'll forget the difference." So I get her the Aj Jus, kind of toss it roughly at the kid wrapping, and go in the back and start yelling at him when he follows Me back there because he can't get it through his head that we're making her a new sandwich, so I yell at him, she heard me in the lobby, complained to Brittany, wrote down my name, and is calling my boss tomorrow.

You know, good for you. If you boss does anything after you tell him this they are crazy.

Hey Pfan, I'm gonna set the list up and do the running diary tonight, if that's alright with you.

Yep, I'm right here. What the hell, I'll do a running diary too. I need to work on this Coldplay script while I'm at it though.

How soon are you guys starting? Can't say I'd mind a listen either, though I imagine if I started downloading now it'd probably still be a bit before I could start listening.

Eh, might work on more lists of my own instead.

I'll send mine to you via gmail, Ax. The other two musketeers have theirs mostly done, too.

I don't know if the order will stay or not. I had it in there in order, but I couldn't number the files correctly (long story). Just use my list if they're not.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom