Crackpot, North Yorkshire Superthread

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Status
Not open for further replies.
Fact: The ONLY people who compliment Palin in the debate, from what I've seen, are those who are already going to vote for McCain anyway.

So, it's not really a big deal.

Right. She didn't fuck up majorly, but she didn't convince me why I should (theoretically) support John McCain. Plus, I don't think she understands what a debate actually is, so there's that.

And Biden, as much as I enjoyed his delivery and presence, didn't solidify Obama as much as he did himself, you know? In the end, that could be the best thing, but I wish he went into greater detail about deciding to run with him.

Same here. I was out of the loop for a while, and when I came back, it was different. Don't know how that happened. No big deal, though.

You will.

I think the transition from Summer to school affecting some, but there were other factors, I'm sure.

Well, that's obvious, but I'm still surprised that they don't even give a second thought on the possibility that something could happen to someone who is 72 years old and therefore have this person come out of nowhere, and not have a clue on most things, and become President. I'm surprised that this doesn't scare them, despite their allegience.

It boggles the mind.

It's like putting lipstick on a pig...

This is my first time in the ST for a long while, too.

Simply, with the renewal of the UYMFA Gang, I had my old home back and was there when I was in OOC.

Part of it is that I'm posting less in the chat threads in general now that I'm busier with senior year.

Ultimately, though, the mood has been good in my house thanks to the successes of the Phils and Penn State. Good times. A rarity in our sporting world.

This is my first time in the ST for a long while, too.

Simply, with the renewal of the UYMFA Gang, I had my old home back and was there when I was in OOC.

Part of it is that I'm posting less in the chat threads in general now that I'm busier with senior year.

Same here, and you're considerably busier than I am, I bet.

So your father would take Palin over Biden?

The only reason Palin can't lie and say things out of context is because she doesn't have anything to say.

I don't think my father votes. He speaks little of politicians outside of general comments based on hot topics like the debates.

He has said that Bush should have lost in the 2004 election, but the Dems ruined it by putting up "an egghead," someone that "he would vote for Bush over five more times."

Same here, and you're considerably busier than I am, I bet.

I'm class secretary, secretary of DECA, secretary of defense, and applying for college, so it's been busy.

I think once the application process is done, I'll have much more free time.

I'm around all evening today, though, because I have SATs tomorrow and cannot go out on the town to party as I am accustomed to on a Friday.

What would happen if your city actually wins a championship?
Uncharted territory, my friend.

When the Phils won it in 1980, my father was in his freshmen year of college, and drove an hour and a half to Philly for the parade.

I don't think the Phils can beat the AL, though. They looked awful in Interleague this year.

I'm just happy I have witnessed a playoff win, finally.
An implosion, followed by an explosion, followed by combustion.

Followed by an explosion inside of an explosion, followed by an explosion with tanks flying out of it.

I'm class secretary, secretary of DECA, secretary of defense, and applying for college, so it's been busy.

I think once the application process is done, I'll have much more free time.

I'm around all evening today, though, because I have SATs tomorrow and cannot go out on the town to party as I am accustomed to on a Friday.

Secretary of DEFENSE? Nice.

I'm in Drama Club, the Thespian Webmaster (Awesome title, boring job), NHS, and Brain Bowl. Drama's in a bit of a lull right now, which is great.

My goal is to get about 2-3 applications out by the end of the month. I'm visiting the Film School up at Florida State around the 24th, so that'll be cool.

I'm taking the SATs tomorrow, too. Tonight's my school's homecoming game and tomorrow's the dance... so it'll be a busy weekend.

I'm an anomaly in my liberal tendencies. My father is the apathetic brother of six staunch conservatives, and my mother is the conservative leaning independent sister of five staunch conservatives.

As of 2005, I was conservative myself, though not because of influence by my parents, who refused to talk politics with me until this year, in order to allow me to form my own views. My father is surprised that I'm liberal, though, he said something to the effect of "four years ago you were Alex P. Keaton."

I'm an anomaly in my liberal tendencies. My father is the apathetic brother of six staunch conservatives, and my mother is the conservative leaning independent sister of five staunch conservatives.

As of 2005, I was conservative myself, though not because of influence by my parents, who refused to talk politics with me until this year, in order to allow me to form my own views. My father is surprised that I'm liberal, though, he said something to the effect of "four years ago you were Alex P. Keaton."

Sha-la-la-la.

My parents say they're Republicans, but by definition, they're really Libertarians. When I told them this, however, they refused to believe it.

it annoys me how much coverage the US presidential election gets in the news here...

It's the most overlong election in the world; seriously I don't know anywhere else that spends over a year on campaigning

it annoys me how much coverage the US presidential election gets in the news here...

It's the most overlong election in the world; seriously I don't know anywhere else that spends over a year on campaigning

The last U2 tour lasted about a year and a half, right?

Secretary of DEFENSE? Nice.

I'm in Drama Club, the Thespian Webmaster (Awesome title, boring job), NHS, and Brain Bowl. Drama's in a bit of a lull right now, which is great.

My goal is to get about 2-3 applications out by the end of the month. I'm visiting the Film School up at Florida State around the 24th, so that'll be cool.

I'm taking the SATs tomorrow, too. Tonight's my school's homecoming game and tomorrow's the dance... so it'll be a busy weekend.

I'm in NHS, but I refuse to tutor anyone, which they want me to do. Fuck that.

Our drama club has been fucked over because the head of the theater (and my English teacher) had to cancel the fall show because he's being deployed to Iraq in a month. They've been writing their own show, and it sounds like they're making progress, but they had to start from scratch, and they'll have no faculty help.

I have nine schools I'm applying to, and have already sent out two. Seven to go, plus the Penn State honors application.

Our homecoming is next Friday and Saturday. Which is early for us, usually we do it in late October.
Secretary of Defense? WTF? :lol:
Sounds more badass than Class Secretary.

Although, I'm only Class Secretary in title. Really, I'm the Vice President, I just switched titles with a guy who wanted to be a different position every year. Which is reasonable.
Soon to be a series win.
Let's hope so.

Brett Myers' nine pitch at bat last night was one of my favorite Phils moments. The crowd giving him a standing ovation before he even drew the walk that led to the grand slam. Awesome.

Didn't have a vote for Bono at the end though :wink:

There was a headline in the paper today saying
"Oh dear god...I actually agree with Bono!"

It was about how funny it is that Bono is like seeing as a big political guy in the US and in Ireland he's just a singer with an ego

Sha-la-la-la.

My parents say they're Republicans, but by definition, they're really Libertarians. When I told them this, however, they refused to believe it.
They believe in state's rights and all that? I'm honestly not all that familiar with libertarians, and I don't want to believe The Iron Horse is the epitome of that.

My government teacher seems to be a libertarian. He's furious that a candidate would even answer a question on gay marriage because "it's a state issue that they have no say over."
Campaigning to get Bono elected King of Ireland?

I'm in NHS, but I refuse to tutor anyone, which they want me to do. Fuck that.

Our drama club has been fucked over because the head of the theater (and my English teacher) had to cancel the fall show because he's being deployed to Iraq in a month. They've been writing their own show, and it sounds like they're making progress, but they had to start from scratch, and they'll have no faculty help.

I have nine schools I'm applying to, and have already sent out two. Seven to go, plus the Penn State honors application.

Our homecoming is next Friday and Saturday. Which is early for us, usually we do it in late October.

I didn't tutor at all last year, but I've asked The Lady Friend to stay after during those days to get me some points and help her out. It's a win-win, I would say. I have so many things to teach.

That is fucked up. Our fall show got pushed to January because a traveling theater troupe doing the same show blocked the rights. They're performing in fucking Tampa, which is about an hour and a half away... and they're also professional. We charge 5 bucks a ticket, and we're a high school. So yeah, things are fucked here, Dude.

Nine? Nice. You'll get into Penn and follow in the footsteps of Frank, I'll bet.

Yeah, it seems a bit early, but I've always enjoyed it.

I seem to recall you running for President and having an issue with the person who became President, or something like that.

Something like that. I ran for treasurer sophomore year, against two other guys, and the one who no one voted for but appealed to teacher's interests won. Most people in our school found that odd.

I ran for president freshmen year but got blown out.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom