Country music - Page 2 - U2 Feedback

Go Back   U2 Feedback > Lypton Village > Lemonade Stand > Lemonade Stand Archive
Old 08-31-2001, 04:21 PM   #16
Forum Moderator
Local Time: 12:29 AM
I am very picky about what country music I like. Tim McGraw is pretty decent though. My parents wanted to see him in concert recently, and they said they'd buy me a ticket if I wanted to go, so I figured what the hell? It was actually a pretty good show.

"I Can Lose Myself, You I Can't Live Without"

Old 09-01-2001, 04:39 PM   #17
Local Time: 04:29 AM
Wow Hitman, I am truely impressed with your range in the type of music you like. I've always thought that that is a very good sign for someone to have. Being "one dimensional" in one's tastes is very boring, and might I say "ignorant"??? At least I see it as close-minded. I think it reflects on how one reacts and is tolerate of many other things in life.
To say ALL of one type of music is bad is too easy!
For me, music and art is a wonderful gift for us!
It is a smorgesborge (sp?) that we are invited to "taste".

... I like to eat

I too like country music. I refuse to play the "awww, all that shit sucks, dude. Its all trash!" game. Its almost like some dislike this or that out of peer pressure or not to look uncool in front of their buddies.

I find artists like Patsy Cline and Hank Williams SENIOR just awesome. Not all music has to be rock! Not all music has to be what is "in".
In the country category I also enjoy Dwight Yoakum, Travis Tritt, Patty Loveless, and many others.
I do find all these "New country" artists a bit too "formula" and commercial though... although Dixie Chicks are quite good.

I can like U2, and also like Bluegrass, Mexican Norteno (Polka), Bee Bop Jazz, and the Bluessssssssssss.

And its ok!

... Hitman... Do yourself a favor and look into Coltrane and Miles Davis, buddy!!