Condom, Gers, France Superthread - Take 3

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Status
Not open for further replies.
I had pizza at uni. :drool:

(I didn't intend to. But I only had two slices of toast before I went in today, so by late afternoon, all I could think about was food.)

Yep, same here. We had such a dodgy grammatical education. They seemed to just focus on spelling and that was it. And all those pointless lessons when I was about 6-7 on how to do handwriting as opposed to printing.

When I was learning German, I actually got an English grammar textbook as well just to catch up on some stuff I hadn't been taught. So did my friend. It was no coincidence that we ended up being the top two in the class by a considerable margin.

Neither did we. To this day I still have no idea what an adverb or whatever it is is.

I had pizza at uni. :drool:

(I didn't intend to. But I only had two slices of toast before I went in today, so by late afternoon, all I could think about was food.)

Yep, same here. We had such a dodgy grammatical education. They seemed to just focus on spelling and that was it. And all those pointless lessons when I was about 6-7 on how to do handwriting as opposed to printing.

When I was learning German, I actually got an English grammar textbook as well just to catch up on some stuff I hadn't been taught. So did my friend. It was no coincidence that we ended up being the top two in the class by a considerable margin.

:drool: damn you guys, now I'm hungry agay.. I was planning not to eat too much today since I don't do anything the whole day...

Damn, grammar and such was the most important thing we learnt here!
ofcourse, both in dutch and english, and yea I lack capitals now but I'm lazy.

tho I think it's cause it's your native language... many dutch idiots don't know proper grammar either..

I KNEW you were going to say that. I need to sleep!! :crack:

It's the end of the world as we know it, and I feel fine.... :wink:

Did you see that link I posted before? Allegedly a webcam at the LHC... :giggle:

lhc (just cos I still had it copied on my clipboard!)

:lmao: damn I missed that one! It's awesome!

I never heard the word "conjugate" until I did German at uni. In fact, I don't think any of the others in that class had, either. :huh:

:wink: You're not the only one.

Probably because I don't speak in either :drool: language or Leetspeak...
zomg hes so hawt!11! :drool: :drool: :drool:

I used to lurk on a games forum that my brother posted on, just so I could feed my arcade addiction... my sig said:

| D0|\|'7 5P34K 1337

:wink:

Damn, grammar and such was the most important thing we learnt here!
ofcourse, both in dutch and english, and yea I lack capitals now but I'm lazy.

tho I think it's cause it's your native language... many dutch idiots don't know proper grammar either..

My German teacher observed that things went in cycles. She would start off with students who knew plenty of grammar, then each new year would gradually decline until the cycle reached its worst point, then it would gradually improve again back to the start, and repeat. My year was at the worst point in the cycle. It was her belief that this was due to the priorities of people designing the primary school curriculum - they'd see the kids with good grammar and decide "oh, kids know grammar, we can make it a lower priority!", then it would get worse and worse until somebody realised "shit, we need to make that a priority!"

So how many people over your way speak English fluently? Every Dutch person I've ever met has spoken impeccable English, but I suspect that's got something to do with the fact that intelligent people are more likely to travel while the dumb shits will stay at home wasting their money on piss-water beer and gambling, i.e. the people who can't be bothered learning aren't going to be the ones travelling much.

| D0|\|'7 5P34K 1337

:wink:

:drool: I love it when you speak leet.

So how many people over your way speak English fluently? Every Dutch person I've ever met has spoken impeccable English, but I suspect that's got something to do with the fact that intelligent people are more likely to travel while the dumb shits will stay at home wasting their money on piss-water beer and gambling, i.e. the people who can't be bothered learning aren't going to be the ones travelling much.

you're right. The dumb idiots who don't speak english go on holidays to spain(where there's a huge dutch vacation area in the Costa Brava) or France, and they're surprised when people there don't speak dutch, when they don't speak english too they're in trouble. Retards.
We go to France too, but other parts, and my parenst and I speak French fluently, and my mom speaks Spanish, so we can talk to people in the countries themselves. Most friends we make there are French or Spanish instead of Dutch!
And ofcourse all the foreigners here don't speak english, they don't even speak fucking Dutch and it's NOT a priority of our government. the latest thing is that they get a coupon to follow ARABIC lessons cheaply, WHILE THEY DONT FOLLOW DUTCH LESSONS!:| and then claim that arabic is needed for muslim women to get a job here... while you're in Holland... and nearly no employer speaks arabic...

right.
:huh:

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom