Comet 3D/Biela (lost) Superthread

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Status
Not open for further replies.
LemonMelon said:

Half the songs on my list have been in a movie I'm pretty sure, and the entire playlist is set up like a film. I just don't have the nerve to write the name of a soundtrack in the album column. :tongue:

:wink:

I try and categorize all of my songs to the place where they first appeared, even if it includes soundtracks. I don't know about you guys, but putting something under a "Greatest Hits" album hurts more than that. Oh well.

Glad to hear you're doing a more upbeat list next time, Screws, El-Mel's and mine, if it sees the light of day, is decidedly not.

And Khan, if you deduct for Beatles/Radiohead songs, I'd have to deduct for Spice Girls songs...

LemonMacPhisto said:
And Khan, if you deduct for Beatles/Radiohead songs, I'd have to deduct for Spice Girls songs...
down.gif
i was kidding anyway! :wink:

as for how i categorize songs, here's what i do. obviously if i bought it off itunes or am importing a cd, i leave the tags as is. but if it's a downloaded song :shh: then i do it off the album it was released on. like...beautiful day would be put on atyclb, not best of 90-00 obviously. i tend to shy away from greatest hits stuff, unless i just can't find out what album the song was originally on/can't find artwork for the album.

Oh crap, my computer is really glitchy right now. :yikes: It's doing better than it was 30 minutes ago, but it's still seems off to me. CPU usage is consistently above 50%, and it's not taking kindly to me closing down programs.

KhanadaRhodes said:

down.gif
i was kidding anyway! :wink:

as for how i categorize songs, here's what i do. obviously if i bought it off itunes or am importing a cd, i leave the tags as is. but if it's a downloaded song :shh: then i do it off the album it was released on. like...beautiful day would be put on atyclb, not best of 90-00 obviously. i tend to shy away from greatest hits stuff, unless i just can't find out what album the song was originally on/can't find artwork for the album.

:wink:

That's fair enough. I don't like any compilation album either - maybe that's just being anal, but I like seeing b-sides represented with their single, unless I can't find it anywhere/it's exclusive to that album.

Back from baseball related things.

LemonMelon said:
Thanks for understanding. :yes:

Now, since I'm on strike from American Idol, I should have some free time tonight if you want to discuss some things on AIM.

You have AIM. Epic. Swap PMs, ElMel.

LemonMacPhisto said:
I try and categorize all of my songs to the place where they first appeared, even if it includes soundtracks. I don't know about you guys, but putting something under a "Greatest Hits" album hurts more than that. Oh well.

Always. The only time I list a greatest hits is if it's different in time than the original. For example, Won't Get Fooled Again, which was in my list, came from a greatest hits of The Who, since I've misplaced my copy of Who's Next. But you didn't need to know that, so I wrote Who's Next.

I bought 2 new albums today, breaking my "no new music til Survivor is over" rule.

phillyfan26 said:

Always. The only time I list a greatest hits is if it's different in time than the original. For example, Won't Get Fooled Again, which was in my list, came from a greatest hits of The Who, since I've misplaced my copy of Who's Next. But you didn't need to know that, so I wrote Who's Next.

I don't get what's so wrong about making a greatest hits album? Shouldn't that have universal appeal, and thusly be good?

EDIT: I think I misunderstood. I went from someone called PFan's DI list a greatest hits album in his survivor thread to this.

Last edited:
phillyfan26 said:

If it's an altered version, however, like the New Year's Day edit on the Best of 80-90, I'd acknowledge that version. But yeah, if it's the same thing, I'd put it with the original album, too.

LemonMacPhisto said:

If it's an altered version, however, like the New Year's Day edit on the Best of 80-90, I'd acknowledge that version. But yeah, if it's the same thing, I'd put it with the original album, too.

And the same goes for me. GH only if I don't have the original album or if it somehow differs from the original.

the tourist said:
I don't get what's so wrong about making a greatest hits album? Shouldn't that have universal appeal, and thusly be good?

I just like having it be listed as the real album. I like being more direct into their past history. It's a meaningless idiosyncrasy.

Someday I'm gonna use track 14 off The Best of 1980-1990. All 10 minutes in DI.

LemonMacPhisto said:
That's fair enough. I don't like any compilation album either - maybe that's just being anal, but I like seeing b-sides represented with their single, unless I can't find it anywhere/it's exclusive to that album.
:yes: same here. i list my b-sides as the single they came on. oh and like it's been said, single/radio edits and such usually get left on a compilation since they're not the same as the album version.

the tourist said:
Someday I'm gonna use track 14 off The Best of 1980-1990. All 10 minutes in DI.

Sounds like you've got everything all figured out there.

phillyfan26 said:

I just like having it be listed as the real album. I like being more direct into their past history. It's a meaningless idiosyncrasy.

I get it now. I edited my past post because I was talking about something else.

LemonMacPhisto said:

Sounds like you've got everything all figured out there.

It's all in one track, right? And we can choose to leave in hidden tracks, right? :yes:

the tourist said:

It's all in one track, right? And we can choose to leave in hidden tracks, right? :yes:

Oh, yes. That's All I Want Is You -> October, right?

Sorry, I misinterpreted your post as something else.

I was really into Screwtape's list until that Genesis track... I got about halfway through before I skipped to the next one.

I'm not a big Tori Amos fan, but this song is ballin'. Reminds me of Purple Rain.

LemonMacPhisto said:
I was really into Screwtape's list until that Genesis track... I got about halfway through before I skipped to the next one.

So very true....

LemonMacPhisto said:
it didn't bother me at all! do i get a medal or something for listening to the whole thing and noth hating it? :D

KhanadaRhodes said:

it didn't bother me at all! do i get a medal or something for listening to the whole thing and noth hating it? :D

If you do, then I should get a BIGGER medal, because I listened to the whole thing despite hating it.

KhanadaRhodes said:

You get the head... the tail... the whole damn thing.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom