College Football 2012

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
ncf_i_mauti11_576.jpg

I picked Penn State to cover this morning.
I think O'Brien is a guy I'd want to play for.

If their D gave up 63 to Baylor, they're in trouble against some of the heavyweights. Not sure who's on their schedule, but OKLA or K St might hang 100 on their D.

It's a round-robin schedule like the old Big Ten, they play everyone (9 games).
They get both KSU and OU in Morgantown.
They also play in Austin and Stillwater.

UA could have used geno smith tonight :sad:

and i guess i was asleep in my cave and forgot west virginia was in the big 12 that has only 10 teams...

If TCU embarrasses themselves against Baylor and Texas Tech (two pretty decent/not quite great teams) the way they did against an extremely average ISU team, they can kiss bowl eligibility goodbye.

In addition, I'll take back every word of praise I've given to Patterson. The product he offered up today was inexcusable, unjustifiable crap. Pachall was never that good, and that bonehead was never a great enough leader that his absence can explain the numerous moronic penalties and terrible clock management. This is all on Patterson, as well as a freshman QB. Pitiful.

Paul Rhoads is a hell of a coach. Possibly the most underrated coach in America. And Iowa State is usually pretty good (or at least fairly competitive) in Ames, even against the OU's of the world, but yeah...that was a turd - given that it was in Fort Worth. That said, I still don't think it's a great shame to lose to ISU, even if it was a crap performance. It's a tough league.

Now Kansas...that would be a different story.
Anyhow, welcome to the Big 12, Froggies. I saw the OU game there in Fort Worth in 1998. LT may have played in that game...I can't recall. I was mega-drunk, I'm sure. I just remember John Blake called a timeout on an incomplete pass in the 4th quarter in a close game (a game we lucked out and won) and he burned the redshirt of a player just to recover an onside kick. He lost that whole year because of that one play. That player later played in the NFL. That was John Blake for ya. #worstcoachever No, he really was.

Also - I take great pleasure in the fact that Mizzou may pull on 0-fer in their first SEC season. Sorry, to any Tiger fans around here.

Not sure how Gus Johnson survived calling a game with 93 points scored in it. #WOW!!Aneurysm.

And Notre Dame's defense is pretty impressive thus far. Now we'll see how they hold up against thw Stanfords Oklahomas and USCs of the world.

The AP is a joke.
Florida St loses to NC fucking State.
And yet they are still ranked ahead of 1-loss teams - Oklahoma (lost to #6 Kansas State), Georgia (lost to #3 South Carolina) and Texas (lost to #5 West Virginia).

I just want them to stop wasting my time with Ohio State for one. For two, Michigan's 2 losses and #25 rating is laughable.

There goes WVU. TCU is godawful too.

I have nothing at all going for me in sports right now. Go Bulls.

That would have been an "amazing goal line stand" from Notre Dame...if they had actually kept Taylor out of the endzone. Obvious touchdown, but the refs wussed out after the whole campus rushed the field. If that had happened at Stanford, it would have been the other way around/they would have made the right call.

LemonMelon said:
That would have been an "amazing goal line stand" from Notre Dame...if they had actually kept Taylor out of the endzone. Obvious touchdown, but the refs wussed out after the whole campus rushed the field. If that had happened at Stanford, it would have been the other way around/they would have made the right call.

Agree with all of this.

Back
Top Bottom