College Football 2007 - Page 49 - U2 Feedback

Go Back   U2 Feedback > Lypton Village > Lemonade Stand > Lemonade Stand Archive
Click Here to Login

Old 01-01-2008, 03:45 PM   #721
Refugee

Local Time: 09:50 PM
I think I have this whole Buckeye thing down.

Love the Bucks, but almost more important to hate Michigan. Cherish beating them, love it when they get upset by a Division 1-AA school, point and laugh at people walking down the street wearing Michigan gear (not really). Yada, yada.

Yet today I pump my fist wildly every time they get a first down in the meaningless Capital One Bowl against Florida.

F Florida.

Go Blue.

Old 01-01-2008, 04:47 PM   #722
Blue Crack Addict

Hoping Michigan pulls it out. I really don't like Florida.

Old 01-01-2008, 06:01 PM   #723
Blue Crack Addict

They really need to change the NCAA rule that a play called down by contact is not reviewable. They review everything else including whether the cheerleaders dye their hair or are natural blondes, why is that an exception? An official screened from the ball rules a play down, and thats the end of it...makes no sense.
Old 01-01-2008, 06:24 PM   #724
ET
The Fly

Local Time: 07:50 PM
Ouch...for my team right now...
Old 01-01-2008, 07:28 PM   #725
Rock n' Roll Doggie
ALL ACCESS

Rashard Mendenhall is very good at football.
Old 01-01-2008, 07:51 PM   #726
Acrobat

Mizzou vs USC and UI vs Arkansas would have been much better games. The bowl system is stupid.
Old 01-01-2008, 08:42 PM   #727
Blue Crack Addict

The only reason I'm still watching the game at this point is for the occasional shot of the USC Song Girls.
Old 01-01-2008, 09:54 PM   #728
ONE
love, blood, life

Right on! Fight on! but I still hate Brent Assburger...

First set of downs, it was clear that Fred Davis was down when the ball came loose and the first thing he does is call it a "controversy!" Fat Little Man!

PS...SC opens at Virginia (some of us MAY be there!) and then home to Ohio State...and then right into the PAC-10...no cupcakes for the Trojans...see you in August!
Old 01-01-2008, 10:03 PM   #729
Acrobat

Could it be any more obvious that a playoff system is needed? All of these games were obvious mismatches when they were announced, and they are all turning into blowouts. What does any of this prove?

If you aren't going to go to a playoff system, why not just at least make sure the best teams play each other, these blowouts are just terribly boring to watch.
Old 01-01-2008, 10:47 PM   #730
ONE
love, blood, life

Like the one in progress on FOX...
Georgia 24
Hawaii 3
at the half....

Quote:
Originally posted by Dusty Bottoms
Could it be any more obvious that a playoff system is needed? All of these games were obvious mismatches when they were announced, and they are all turning into blowouts. What does any of this prove?

If you aren't going to go to a playoff system, why not just at least make sure the best teams play each other, these blowouts are just terribly boring to watch.
Old 01-01-2008, 11:33 PM   #731
Blue Crack Addict

Quote:
Originally posted by Mr. BAW

PS...SC opens at Virginia (some of us MAY be there!)
Old 01-02-2008, 01:14 AM   #732
Rock n' Roll Doggie
ALL ACCESS

Quote:

The bowl games aren't intended to "prove" anything. It's just another game for the teams to play, have some fun, and make some money. I thought most of them seemed like good matchups coming in, except for the SC-Illinois game.

Next week's game between OSU and LSU should be another entertaining game; the only problem with it is that the powers that be have determined that these are The Best Two Teams in the Country and that they are playing in the National Championship Game, which is far from clear.
Old 01-02-2008, 01:41 AM   #733
Blue Crack Supplier

Local Time: 06:50 PM
Quote:

Insight Bowl FTW

Hindsight.
Old 01-02-2008, 02:38 AM   #734
Acrobat

Local Time: 10:50 PM
Quote:
Originally posted by speedracer

Next week's game between OSU and LSU should be another entertaining game; the only problem with it is that the powers that be have determined that these are The Best Two Teams in the Country and that they are playing in the National Championship Game, which is far from clear.
You nailed it. The powers that be decided that they wanted LSU/OSU for the national championship, so that's what they voted for. I can sort of see LSU getting in there, but Ohio State had absolutely no business not playing the final week and getting bumped up to #1 (though I'm a bitter Georgia fan; either UGA should have been bumped up to #2 for the same reason OSU made the leap, or OSU should have fallen a spot in the rankings like the Bulldogs did. Is a little consistency too much to ask for?) Even then, I'm not too keen on LSU getting a title shot after losing the #1 ranking twice in one season.

Oklaholma got screwed. Mizzou got screwed. Georgia got screwed. Illinois shouldn't have been in the Rose Bowl. And I hope LSU wins in a blowout for the same reason I wanted Georgia to destroy Hawaii -- they're facing an overrated opponent with a great record because of an easy regular-season schedule. Seriously, the Buckeyes have played nobody of worth this season. When they did, they lost.
Old 01-02-2008, 06:02 PM   #735
Blue Crack Addict

Local Time: 06:50 PM
Quote:
Originally posted by Mr. BAW
Right on! Fight on! but I still hate Brent Assburger...

First set of downs, it was clear that Fred Davis was down when the ball came loose and the first thing he does is call it a "controversy!" Fat Little Man!

PS...SC opens at Virginia (some of us MAY be there!) and then home to Ohio State...and then right into the PAC-10...no cupcakes for the Trojans...see you in August!
Wow, how good did the Mighty Trojans look yesterday...

Ohio State...p'shaw....LSU...we'd beat them in regulation...

Georgia....Oklahoma...those are two teams that I think might give USC a run for their money...but right now...there's no better college football team...Fight On!!!!