College Football 2007

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
1) Without a playoff, who can really say?

2) Yes, it's for the National Championship.

It will be a bigger upset if tOSU wins tonight than when they beat heavily favored Miami in the 2002 game.

Go Bucks!

Wasn't gonna do it but I think America would have been better served with
USC v. LSU...since 2003, when SC won the AP National Championship and LSU won the BCS vote, I've always hoped for this match-up but its never happened...this would have been the perfect year...

USC v. GA would have been a great game

Even GA vs. LSU would be a good game...

My picks...

USC, at home, gets Thee OSU on 9/13/08, their second game of the season...

Mr. BAW said:
Wasn't gonna do it but I think America would have been better served with
USC v. LSU...

You lost to STANFORD!!!!!! Sorry!

You can't say it shoulda been this team or that team. Georgia lost to a team that lost its last 5 games in a row!!

Last edited:
Mr. BAW said:
I have no problem with knocking SC out of it..my earlier question was, without any answer, who should have been in this bowl game...in your opinion, did the BCS get it right...?

I have no idea. And neither does anyone else.

There is no way OSU should have even been allowed on the field with LSU tonight. Ohio State ought to be way out of the Top 5 in the final poll of the season. When you can't even beat Illinois, you don't deserve to be outclassed by the best team in the country. If there weren't championship games, it would have been WVU-LSU or Mizz-WVU, both of which would have been much better games than seeing an overrated OSU team get whomped yet again.

And I notice that U2ME3 disappeared completely right after LSU took the big lead... :hmm:

I really regret forgetting to place a bet on the game this weekend. That woulda been the easiest gambling win of all time :sigh:

speedracer said:

I have no idea. And neither does anyone else.

If only sports had a "method" by which other teams had a chance to win "games" and advance to subsequent "rounds" until they reached the "championship"

Dusty Bottoms said:

If only sports had a "method" by which other teams had a chance to win "games" and advance to subsequent "rounds" until they reached the "championship"
Yeah, somebody ought to come up with some sort of system like that, where a team plays until its knocked off, so you have to play off....I just wish somebody could devise something.

DaveC said:
There is no way OSU should have even been allowed on the field with LSU tonight. Ohio State ought to be way out of the Top 5 in the final poll of the season. When you can't even beat Illinois, you don't deserve to be outclassed by the best team in the country. If there weren't championship games, it would have been WVU-LSU or Mizz-WVU, both of which would have been much better games than seeing an overrated OSU team get whomped yet again.

And I notice that U2ME3 disappeared completely right after LSU took the big lead... :hmm:

I really regret forgetting to place a bet on the game this weekend. That woulda been the easiest gambling win of all time :sigh:

Whatever.

Oh, the reason I wasn't around after they took a big lead was because I wasn't sitting in front of my computer during the game. I was out at a bar with my friends from 5:00 pm until 11:30 pm.

Arizona State is awesome.

Last edited:
Mr. BAW said:
I have no problem with knocking SC out of it..my earlier question was, without any answer, who should have been in this bowl game...in your opinion, did the BCS get it right...?

Sorry for snapping Mr. BAW. Was a little upset. Beautiful day today though! :)

Can't wait for tOSU-SC game in September. I will definitely be there! Some friends of mine and I are going to rent a beach house for the week leading up to the game.

if you still don't believe in the curse of ohio...here's a recap of exactly one calendar year...

1. OSU emabarrassed by FLA in BCS championship
2. OSU loses NCAA hoops championship game
3. Cavs swept in Finals
4. Indians blow 3-1 ALCS lead
5. Browns become only fifth team in NFL history to go 10-6 and NOT make the playoffs
6. OSU embarrassed...again...in BCS championship

what a year.... i love my teams!!! :)

U2ME3 said:
if you still don't believe in the curse of ohio...here's a recap of exactly one calendar year...

1. OSU emabarrassed by FLA in BCS championship
2. OSU loses NCAA hoops championship game
3. Cavs swept in Finals
4. Indians blow 3-1 ALCS lead
5. Browns become only fifth team in NFL history to go 10-6 and NOT make the playoffs
6. OSU embarrassed...again...in BCS championship

what a year.... i love my teams!!! :)
Yeah, but at least you're not Philly.

FINAL RANKINGS - AP and USA

Bowl Subdivision Polls
AP Top 25
1. LSU (60)
2. Georgia (3)
3. USC (1)
4. Missouri
5. Ohio State
6. West Virginia
7. Kansas (1)
8. Oklahoma
9. Virginia Tech
10. Boston College
10. Texas
12. Tennessee
13. Florida
14. Brigham Young
15. Auburn
16. Arizona State
17. Cincinnati
18. Michigan
19. Hawaii
20. Illinois
21. Clemson
22. Texas Tech
23. Oregon
24. Wisconsin
25. Oregon State
View complete poll

Tue Jan 8, 2008

USA Today
1. LSU (60)
2. USC
3. Georgia
4. Ohio State
5. Missouri
6. West Virginia
7. Kansas
8. Oklahoma
9. Virginia Tech
10. Texas
11. Boston College
12. Tennessee
13. Arizona State
14. Brigham Young
14. Auburn
16. Florida
17. Hawaii
18. Illinois
19. Michigan
20. Cincinnati
21. Wisconsin
22. Clemson
23. Texas Tech
24. Oregon
25. Penn State
View complete poll

Tue Jan 8, 2008

Hewson said:
Yeah, somebody ought to come up with some sort of system like that, where a team plays until its knocked off, so you have to play off....I just wish somebody could devise something.

I agree there should be some type of playoff. But it wouldnt eliminate controversy obviously. There would still have to be a subjective way of determining what teams get into the playoff. Would probably be the same type of set up they have now except it would be the top 16 or 8 teams playing it off. #17 or #9 would probably have some gripes with how they were not selected over some other team. Would definately be a better system, but no system would be perfect at the College level.

My thoughts on the Buckeyes. As a Michigan fan I cant say I was rooting for them because I wasnt. But I was hoping they would look decent. Unfortunately they didnt. The Big 10 was definately down this year and their performance did some damage to the conference IMO. But I dont think anyone can get super upset about the Buckeyes backing into the title game. There were no clear cut teams that definately should have been in it this year. They had the name and record to get in it. Its that simple. Honestly I'm not even sure LSU had any clear cut right to be there either in what was essentially a home game for them.

Blue Room said:

I agree there should be some type of playoff. But it wouldnt eliminate controversy obviously. There would still have to be a subjective way of determining what teams get into the playoff. Would probably be the same type of set up they have now except it would be the top 16 or 8 teams playing it off. #17 or #9 would probably have some gripes with how they were not selected over some other team. Would definately be a better system, but no system would be perfect at the College level.

Just like there's always a few "bubble" teams that don't make the NCAA Hoops tourney, yes there'll be some griping. However, the #17 team is not likely a true national title contender, and the controversy is far less than we have now, where 5 or 6 teams this year may have had a legit gripe about having a shot at the title game, and a playoff of 8 or 16 teams would allow all of those legit contenders a chance to play for it.

Hewson said:

Just like there's always a few "bubble" teams that don't make the NCAA Hoops tourney, yes there'll be some griping. However, the #17 team is not likely a true national title contender, and the controversy is far less than we have now, where 5 or 6 teams this year may have had a legit gripe about having a shot at the title game, and a playoff of 8 or 16 teams would allow all of those legit contenders a chance to play for it.

Like I said, it would definately be a better system, but still not perfect. Using the NCAA basketball tourney example is different, you have so many teams making that, its of little consequence. How many bubble teams win it all? An 8 team playoff for college football would still generate a significant amount of controversy IMO. A 16 team playoff would probably eliminate most of it though I would agree.

Unfortunately I doubt either will happen. I think at best there will be a 4 team playoff after the bowls someday. But even that is probably over a decade from happening, if then.

Back
Top Bottom