College Football 2006-2007 - Page 12 - U2 Feedback

Go Back   U2 Feedback > Lypton Village > Lemonade Stand > Lemonade Stand Archive
Click Here to Login

Old 11-10-2006, 07:02 PM   #166
Rock n' Roll Doggie
ALL ACCESS

Local Time: 03:04 PM
Quote:
Originally posted by inmyplace13

Michael Wilbon guaransheeded Northwestern beating OSU this week. Skip Bayless chose Michigan/Texas as his NC game, and Woody Paige picked OSU/Florida. The pundits are divided, but no one so far (at least on all the shows I watched today) believes that Rutgers belongs in the NC hunt.

I do think they deserve a BCS bowl if they remain undefeated, though.
Great! Skip Bayless is on Michigan's side. Thats almost as bad as the Corso kiss of death! I think he is the only one of the national media that even thinks Michigan has a chance to beat OSU. As a Michigan fan though I like that no one gives them a chance. Michigan typically plays well when they are the clear underdog and no one thinks they have a chance. Reminds me of another game they played in South Bend in September. Michigan supposedly had no shot against the "savior" Saint Weis (Mr. Expletive). Although, I think OSU is WAY better than ND.

Old 11-10-2006, 07:23 PM   #167
War Child

Local Time: 08:04 PM
Quote:

The pundits are divided, but no one so far (at least on all the shows I watched today) believes that Rutgers belongs in the NC hunt.
I don't know that they "belong" either, but everybody on the TV is speaking from a historical "Rutgers sucks" point of view. With the computers and how the BCS is formulated, its all about the numbers. They missed that point a few weeks ago when they debated weather WVU could make up all that ground in the standings. They did. It's obvious the "experts" don't crunch any numbers before opening their mouths. Other than "Florida(11-1) > Rutgers(12-0)". Thats the only math they know.

Jerry Palm is the only one I know that does look at the formula in depth. I've yet to hear his take on this.

Quote:

I do think they deserve a BCS bowl if they remain undefeated, though.
Well, if they do go undefeated they will get the BE's automatic BCS berth.

Old 11-10-2006, 09:49 PM   #168
Blue Crack Addict

Location: Omaha, Nebraska “With Screwtape on Kettle Drum and Wormwood on Harpsichord!”
The whole strength of schedule argument is flaud. Look at the one loss teams:
Michigan (if they lose to OSU) beat a #2 Notre Dame team but got Wisconson & Iowa at home. Pretty easy schedule considering how down the Big Ten is this year.
Ohio State (if they lose to Michigan) beat a #2 Texas but the other ranked teams they played are no longer ranked (Iowa & Penn State). Again, a weak Big Ten.
Texas beat Oklahoma but are playing against a terrible Big 12 conference. They were almost beaten by Texas Tech and Nebraska. Nebraska might get them a second time around.
Florida has played a good schedule so that's a tough call.
USC has played all their tough games at home. I think you have to recognize that and give less merit to the record.
Cal has only played and won against one noteworthy team, Oregon. If they beat USC, they still wouldn't be playing the as high of ranked teams as Rutgers or the otehr one loss teams.
Now look at Rutgers if they win out, a win against #3 ranked Louisville and if West Virginia stays in the top ten another win against a top ten team. That's up there with the other BCS hopefuls. It doesn't matter if one of the hopefuls lost to a ranked team, Rutgers played the most important game in the school's history and won. When has a loss ever been more important than a win?

One more thing, for the first four or five weeks, alot of the ranked teams are there or so high because of media predictions, not actual play.
Old 11-10-2006, 11:24 PM   #169
Rock n' Roll Doggie
ALL ACCESS

Quote:
Originally posted by Screwtape2
The whole strength of schedule argument is flaud. Look at the one loss teams:
Michigan (if they lose to OSU) beat a #2 Notre Dame team but got Wisconson & Iowa at home. Pretty easy schedule considering how down the Big Ten is this year.
Ohio State (if they lose to Michigan) beat a #2 Texas but the other ranked teams they played are no longer ranked (Iowa & Penn State). Again, a weak Big Ten.
Texas beat Oklahoma but are playing against a terrible Big 12 conference. They were almost beaten by Texas Tech and Nebraska. Nebraska might get them a second time around.
Florida has played a good schedule so that's a tough call.
USC has played all their tough games at home. I think you have to recognize that and give less merit to the record.
Cal has only played and won against one noteworthy team, Oregon. If they beat USC, they still wouldn't be playing the as high of ranked teams as Rutgers or the otehr one loss teams.
Now look at Rutgers if they win out, a win against #3 ranked Louisville and if West Virginia stays in the top ten another win against a top ten team. That's up there with the other BCS hopefuls. It doesn't matter if one of the hopefuls lost to a ranked team, Rutgers played the most important game in the school's history and won. When has a loss ever been more important than a win?

One more thing, for the first four or five weeks, alot of the ranked teams are there or so high because of media predictions, not actual play.
You just used your own argument about how it is flawed to say that because Rutgers beat the #3 team at the time they should be up there. Its based on who people played, what conference they are in (tradition, Big East has little to none), where most of the top prospects go (not the Big East, they get some, but not like the other majors). Most of the top talent goes to the major conferences. Its not a cut on Rutgers, its just a fact that there are more top notch athletes in the big 4 conferences. They have more tradition, they have more talent, that is why they have more clout and I think they should.

To say Rutgers is even on the same level as Ohio State, please. I'm a Michigan fan that hates OSU and I say that. Are you honestly saying that if Rutgers played USC, Florida, Texas or Michigan you think Rutgers would and should be the favorite to win? You are one of the few that would think that. Rutgers is having a good year and they play in a conference that makes that possible. Its that simple.

Michigan's schedule is easy?. Gee, we will have just had to have faced a #1 and #2 team in this season. Not to mention Wisconsin who is a very good team also. The Big Ten is weak? Penn State would beat most teams in the Big East and they are middle of the pack in the Big Ten. Happy Valley is not an easy environment to play in. Michigan had to play them there. Then lets examine a mid range to upper range Big East team. Pittsburgh, got CRUSHED at home, by Michigan State, 3rd to last team in the Big 10. But you are right, Rutgers just played juggernauts every single week! The big conferences beat up on each other. The middle range teams in the big conferences are all decent teams. The Big East has 3 good teams, thats it.

I'm done arguing about it, it goes round and round. I dont think most people that follow college football would agree with most of your theory though.
Old 11-11-2006, 11:44 AM   #170
Refugee

Old 11-11-2006, 04:54 PM   #171
Rock n' Roll Doggie
FOB

^ hahaha

wow, so who else watched UGA kill Auburn?
Old 11-11-2006, 05:49 PM   #172
ONE
love, blood, life

Local Time: 01:04 PM
I relished in their agony.... I also wanted Clemson to go down but no chance...SC and Florida is ugly but good for me..long way to go at this point, 7-7 in the 3rd.
Old 11-11-2006, 06:35 PM   #173
Blue Crack Supplier

Location: 8 years and I still can't think of anything witty to put here
Local Time: 04:04 PM
Quote:
Originally posted by Mr. BAW
SC and Florida is ugly but good for me..long way to go at this point, 7-7 in the 3rd.
As a FSU alumni, I have a quandry for this game - who do I root for? My disdain for Spurrier is sort of making me root for Florida, and I think rooting for Florida is grounds for revoking your diploma if you're a FSU grad .

It's just not as fun to hate the Gators since Spurrier left .
Old 11-11-2006, 06:51 PM   #174
ONE
love, blood, life

I'm on the other side wherein I've always been a Spurrier fan since his playing days...he could coach for Jamaica Jr. College and I'd root for 'em..he's such a gamer...OK, here it goes....

time-out...(switches channels to CA vs. AZ)...I'm pulling for AZ in that one...!

YUCK! that was not good...
Old 11-11-2006, 07:06 PM   #175
Blue Crack Supplier

Location: 8 years and I still can't think of anything witty to put here
Local Time: 04:04 PM
If I went to another school, maybe I'd like him too. But I was at FSU from 1994-1998 and he's broken my heart one to many times .

Anyway, Gators.

No I can go back to rooting against them .
Old 11-11-2006, 07:21 PM   #176
ONE
love, blood, life

And I'm a happy camper that Arizona just knocked off CAL...now if USC can get passed Oregon tonight, CAL next week, who knows...
Old 11-12-2006, 12:00 AM   #177
Blue Crack Supplier

Spurrier kills his team by settling for a 48 yard field goal. Why run the ball with 3 timeouts, 25 seconds, on the 32 yard line? Why? They needed that down and they lost it.
Old 11-12-2006, 12:04 AM   #178
ONE
love, blood, life

USC 14 Oregon 0 at half...

Texas bites the dust versus an overenergetic KSU...things are looking good for a spot or two upward...
Old 11-12-2006, 12:21 AM   #179
Rock n' Roll Doggie
ALL ACCESS

Quote:
Originally posted by Mr. BAW
And I'm a happy camper that Arizona just knocked off CAL...now if USC can get passed Oregon tonight, CAL next week, who knows...
Just beat Notre Dame. The only Saturday this year I will be rooting for USC.

I guess it shouldnt matter though. Even if ND wins out, at best they will have the same record as Michigan and Michigan obviously beat them head to head, BADLY. So they "shouldnt" jump Michigan regardless of what happens. But I have seen the pollsters pull some crap in the past.

What a shake up Saturday though. Florida should have lost also.
Old 11-12-2006, 12:25 AM   #180
Rock n' Roll Doggie
ALL ACCESS

Quote:
Originally posted by U2ME3
I seriously doubt anyone on Michigan's team is fearing anything.

Should be a great game. Looks like Michigan will have everyone back for the game. I like our chances. OSU will be favored by just about everyone, they are #1. Typically thats when Michigan plays very well against them. Look at last years game. Michigan was an average team with a pathetic defense. OSU had to do a last minute drive to beat us.