Coldplay VS. Metallica in 2008

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Axver said:

I know I need to listen to what's "respectable" and consciously make sure it covers every minority so I'm perfectly PC, but instead I just enjoy music. Silly, silly me. :tsk:

You bastard! Your heresy shall open a portal to the demons of the netherworld! :mad: Didn't you know that prog artists sing about that shit because they worship it? :| Being "PC" could have prevented this cataclysm!

LemonMelon said:
You bastard! Your heresy shall open a portal to the demons of the netherworld! :mad: Didn't you know that prog artists sing about that shit because they worship it? :| Being "PC" could have prevented this cataclysm!

Wow, I didn't know my music was that powerful. :ohmy:

But in that case ... *turns prog up really loud*

MrBrau1 said:
Yes.

More more more.

Yes? More? We're winning you over to prog! :happy:

MrBrau1 said:

I'm reading while you and GG stroke each other off.

I'm waiting for that "moment."

More, more, more...

faster, harder.

:corn: Didn't know you were turned on by that. :yikes:

You must really enjoy IO. That's pretty much all we ever do over there. :uhoh:

MrBrau1 said:

More, more, more...

faster, harder.

Wow, you really have become truly pathetic.

Nah, I think I'll go listen to some music I like, rather than some bullshit you think I should own despite the fact I find it dull.

Axver said:
Nah, I think I'll go listen to some music I like, rather than some bullshit you think I should own despite the fact I find it dull.

That's too blunt. :tsk:

He won't get off on that. :tsk:

MrBrau1 said:
:(

Enjoy your white guys with guitars.:drool:

Enjoy worrying about the ethnicity of the musicians you listen to while I just enjoy the music that moves me. I don't care who made a song, as long as it's good.

MrBrau1 said:

More, more, more...

faster, harder.

Crossing the line here Brau.

Maybe you shouldnt post here when you're drunk.

MrBrau1 said:
Yet somehow...

Yet somehow you try to make an issue out of nothing.

In any case, how much music do you listen to from the Southern Hemisphere?

Now we can go back to discussing how mediocre the new Coldplay/Metallica albums are likely to be. (Or unlikely, depending on what your views are).

But Brau, can you answer a simple question like the one quoted below?

Axver said:
In any case, how much music do you listen to from the Southern Hemisphere?

My previews for both albums:

Metallica - "Enema Of The State (Oh, Wait, That's Already Been Taken? Shit.)"

Featuring drums that sound like crickets stepping on a bag of Doritos and more horrib...ly awesome vocals from James Hetfield, EOTSOWTABTS is epic in every sense of the word. Produced with Pro Tools, extra badass edition™.

Coldplay - "The Not-Easily-Forgotten Yucca Tree"

Our favorite British quartet has really whipped up a doozy with this one! 10 songs of varying lengths (including a 1 minute instrumental entitled "5th of August"), all used to represent human suffering and the American Dream™. Produced by Brian Eno, though he's not proud of it.

Allow me to make a serious post. :ohmy:

MrBrau1 said:
Adore the Hoodoo Gurus. Biggest fan on this board. And Israel Kamakawiwo'ole. Voice of gold.

Glad you know this part of the world exists then. It seems to me that for all of your comments about people needing to listen to more than "white guys with guitars", the music you promote is largely either from the US or the UK. I may not listen to your beloved African American soul singers, but I think I've got a pretty good geographic spread, with plenty of bands in my collection from the Scandinavian countries, Israel, the Benelux countries, and New Zealand. I've even got awesome stuff from Bahrain, Tuva, Uganda, and Indonesia. I'd especially like more music from the former Soviet republics in Central Asia but that stuff is not easy to find.

May I ask which thread/post reveals the origin of this tiff Axver and Brau have going on here? Would make for interesting reading.

LemonMelon said:
May I ask which thread/post reveals the origin of this tiff Axver and Brau have going on here? Would make for interesting reading.

I actually don't know where the hell it came from! :lol:

Sometimes we've gotten on well, like in those album listening parties, and sometimes we haven't, like whenever prog has been mentioned since Brau's ban was lifted.

LemonMelon said:

If I remember correctly, it occurred during the first ever desert island game.

Fair enough.

I would certainly like to find out exactly when this little rivalry I have going with xavi started. Perhaps things could have been different. :hmm:

Axver said:

I actually don't know where the hell it came from! :lol:

Sometimes we've gotten on well, like in those album listening parties, and sometimes we haven't, like whenever prog has been mentioned since Brau's ban was lifted.

I remember him telling you to suck Bono's.....ahem.....in a set list thread, a long time ago.

Back
Top Bottom