Coldplay is in fact not the "next U2' The...

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Even if a band was the "next U2" why would you be interested? Isn't one U2 enough? I personally have no interest in groups who are trying to sound like and be the next U2.

u2popmofo said:
Even if a band was the "next U2" why would you be interested? Isn't one U2 enough? I personally have no interest in groups who are trying to sound like and be the next U2.

Heck, yes, one is enough! There's only one U2.:yes: :yes: I think the "next U2" label is media driven and really isn't Coldplay's fault. In fact Chris Martin has said a heck of alot of nice things about Bono and U2. They can't tell Rolling Stone what to or not to publish. They started the "next U2" crud in the first place.:madspit: :evil: :censored:

rolling stone needs to be done away with

they stopped writing about music years ago

what's with all those captions that tell us exactly what they people are wearing, where they bought it, and how much thery paid? who cares about that stuff?

IWasBored said:
rolling stone needs to be done away with

they stopped writing about music years ago

what's with all those captions that tell us exactly what they people are wearing, where they bought it, and how much thery paid? who cares about that stuff?

I agree. RS is such a throw-away now. I don't know when the last time I read it.....oh, yeah, I did pick up the issue with the Bono pix in it. *Sometimes* they talk about music. But you're right, not enough to justify a purchase.......it's a :censored: fashion rag.

I have just finished listening to Parachutes and now the best of 90 to 2000. Both are great. THERE IS NO COMPAIRSON. There is no accounting for maturity and expeirence. Coldplay is on their way with some good stuff but U2 has been there done that. The music is different and so good. Enjoy both. They don't have to be like one another to have a place. Are you really listening Rolling Stone..

There is a Walkmen song that has an intro that sounds alot like The Unforgettable Fire. can't remember the song.

I think the comparisons come up partially because there are so few bands out there these days that are GOOD and write their own stuff. Real lyrics, real songs. I think that may be a bit of why the comparisons come in.

sue4u2 said:
I have just finished listening to Parachutes and now the best of 90 to 2000. Both are great. THERE IS NO COMPAIRSON. There is no accounting for maturity and expeirence. Coldplay is on their way with some good stuff but U2 has been there done that. The music is different and so good. Enjoy both. They don't have to be like one another to have a place. Are you really listening Rolling Stone..

I love Parachutes and Rush absolutely blows my mind. I love it. But I agree, there's no replacement for U2. No way. Damn it always feels great to be back at Interference. :wave: :wave:

Back
Top Bottom