Coldplay Announce New Album Tracks

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Status
Not open for further replies.
just curious, does anyone know if there's an extended version of the itunes commercial like there was with the u2 one a few years back?

don't forget folks.. Coldplay will be performing on the 2008 MTV Movie Awards tonite... 8pm est.

Oh my, that was bad.

I'm not a Coldplay hater. They're entertaining enough, even if there was a drop off in quality after "Rush Of... ." I don't think they're the be all end all, either. They're no U2 and never will be. I don't mind the Bonoisms, either, i think they're kind of flattering in a cute way. But anyway...ewww. That was not good at all. Martin sounded awful. Not enough rehearsing lately? Too much? I frequently hear singers who sound like the high or the low parts of the song are out of their comfort range, and it shows. For this song, it sounded like the entire thing was out of his comfort range.

ETA -

Did anyone just see them perform at the MTV awards? Chris didn't sound too great to me, I don't think he was hitting the high notes...

Heh. You posted this as I was typing. :hi5:

:kiss:
And I agree, I don't think they are so incredible but I don't think they are bad at all. I'm excited to hear the whole album... I think Chris Martin is very talented. And I don't know how they will sound on this tour (I hope this performance was just a fluke) but I saw them when they were touring for X&Y and it was a great show.

Has this NME article been posted yet? If so- sorry.
It cracked me up. Now I can't wait to hear the album for sure.

Coldplay - Coldplay - Album Reviews - NME.COM

Why is it that all major league UK rock bands end up turning into U2? Has Bono personally impregnated every arena dressing room with his juices so anyone within 20 feet catches Big Music like scabies? Coldplay began to show symptoms with The Edge-aping guitar desertscape bit on ‘Fix You’ and on this, their fourth studio album, they develop full Bono Bombast Syndrome. Sheesh, what next? Can we expect Chris Martin to grow wrap-around shades and lose four feet from his height by Christmas?

:lmao:

this is the best review EVER!!!

See, they don’t have it in them to be Radiohead, making nice-but-vaguely-difficult records for 30-something £50 Men who want to feel ‘cutting edge’ while only buying one record a year

:bow: :lmao:

King Bono is dead; long live the kings.

:ohmy:

Last edited:
When I first started reading the review, it sounded like he hated the album. And then he ends it like that.

What a fucked up review that was. He liked it, I guess... :scratch:

Definitely.

The Radiohead point was way off-base, too. They've never come off even half as forced as any Coldplay album. Why the comparison was made, I don't know.

Anyone else notice the rose petal that got stuck to Chris Martin's forehead during tonight's performance? I would up laughing every time they showed a close up of his face. :laugh:

I kept waiting for him to wipe that confetti off his forehead! The performance was just okay (the endless confetti was quite the overkill; note to the band - if it obscures band members, it's too much), but I really, really like the song.

The review posted earlier is strange. First they bitch about Coldplay turning into U2 and then turn around and praise the album in the end. Obviously, U2 must be really THE band, because their mentioned up and down in reviews.

When I first started reading the review, it sounded like he hated the album. And then he ends it like that.

What a fucked up review that was. He liked it, I guess... :scratch:

What I got from it is: they are what they are, derivative of other bands (esp. U2), more mainstream than they'd like to believe, but within that context, it's a good album.

I scored tickets for two of their European shows in September. Usually, I'm not fond of their live appearances at TV or award shows and such, but still I'm excited about the concerts.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom