Clipperton Island Superthread

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Status
Not open for further replies.
I dunno if this is the time or the place for embarrassing admissions of stupidity, but here goes.

So I get home at 8.30pm, and Rox (a housemate) tells me that they just had leftovers for dinner, and there are still some in the fridge. Last night we had some Moroccan thing I can't remember the name of, it had chickpeas and sweet potato and onions and carrots and dates and apricots, and it was served with couscous. So Rox gets the container of the carrot/chickpea stew stuff out for me, and I slop a bit into a bowl, and there's also a saucepan on the stove, half-full of something that bears an uncanny resemblance to couscous. I add some to my bowl, nuke it, put some yoghurt on top, and take it into the loungeroom to eat.
Another housemate (Alec) sees my dinner and asks Rox if I'm eating (mumble). Rox goes "what?", looks at my plate, and asks me if I took stuff out of the saucepan. I say yes, and they all collapse into fits of laughter, because the stuff in the saucepan is actually bird food. (It was pretty funny.)
The bird food is perfectly fine to eat cos it's also human food, some stuff called pearl Quinoa and grated sweet potato. So after wiping the tears of mirth away, I put a bit of salt on it and chow down. This bird is eating very well indeed.

:lmao:

I imagine it's not that different to couscous, actually.

I'd imagine that grungy geese are grungy due to a poor diet... I hope I'm eating better than that.

They're grungy due to a steady diet of Nirvana.

There are reports that a significantly sized flock has gone emo, though.

Evening, Danny. Picked up the Crowdies tickets today. :drool:

Sensational :drool:

It's going to be a good few weeks, methinks :D

Unfortunately, I think I'll be very, very broke, and I really need to save money. Have not had the courage to tell my parents about the concert. In fact, I probably won't. I'll just train it home.

Don't you hate it when you buy a tzatziki that's way too thick - or for that matter, too watery? I get so put out about that. I think the only brand that really had the perfect mix between the two isn't on the shelves right now, either.

Oh, hi Danny! :wave:

Sensational :drool:

It's going to be a good few weeks, methinks :D

Unfortunately, I think I'll be very, very broke, and I really need to save money. Have not had the courage to tell my parents about the concert. In fact, I probably won't. I'll just train it home.

:lol:

I just noticed on the tickets that the show's over 18s only. Lucky this wasn't earlier in the year!

Just pay me back for the ticket whenever you have the money. It's just under $92, so $90 or whatever.

Also Danny, I was wondering - what does the Italian say in your sig?

it's lyrics from your and axver's favourite band, radiohead.

No matter what happens now
You shouldn't be afraid
Because I know today has been the most perfect day I've ever seen

I just noticed on the tickets that the show's over 18s only. Lucky this wasn't earlier in the year!

Just pay me back for the ticket whenever you have the money. It's just under $92, so $90 or whatever.

:lol: That is good damn stroke of luck! That's cool. Stinge. :wink:

Ah, so Thom Yorke knows Italian? Perhaps he should try learning some English too ...

Heh, Ali and I went to a gig a couple of weeks ago and one of the openers was this band that sounded pretty much like Thom Yorke very awkwardly mating with a post-rock band.

it's lyrics from your and axver's favourite band, radiohead.

No matter what happens now
You shouldn't be afraid
Because I know today has been the most perfect day I've ever seen

Haha, did you translate that yourself? If so, nice! I think 2008 was the year where I was meant to learn to speak another language somewhat fluently. I guess I'll have to make it 2009 instead. :silent:

Ah, so Thom Yorke knows Italian? Perhaps he should try learning some English too ...

Heh, Ali and I went to a gig a couple of weeks ago and one of the openers was this band that sounded pretty much like Thom Yorke very awkwardly mating with a post-rock band.

Well. He actually sings it in English I just like italian:reject:

Did you enjoy the gig? :wink:

Haha, did you translate that yourself? If so, nice! I think 2008 was the year where I was meant to learn to speak another language somewhat fluently. I guess I'll have to make it 2009 instead. :silent:

Yeah I did actually :reject:

I've learnt Italian for thirteen years now (albeit the first ten were probably going over the weather, colours and numbers) and I love it. Nowhere near fluent, unfortunately, but maybe one day I will be. It's pretty cool to learn another language I reckon.

So yeah. Pick italian. Then we can talk about la bira in italian :D

Well. He actually sings it in English I just like italian:reject:

Did you enjoy the gig? :wink:

Oooh, right. :laugh:

Yeah, the band that mated Thom with post-rock was just the first band, they were followed by Because Of Ghosts and This Is Your Captain Speaking, both of whom I enjoyed thoroughly.

I reckon Bonnie needs to learn Manx.

I once tried to teach myself that when I was 15 or so. Didn't get awfully far.

Oooh, right. :laugh:

Yeah, the band that mated Thom with post-rock was just the first band, they were followed by Because Of Ghosts and This Is Your Captain Speaking, both of whom I enjoyed thoroughly.

Can't say I've heard of any of them, sadly. How's getting around at gigs, with the cane and all, now?

I reckon Bonnie needs to learn Manx.

I once tried to teach myself that when I was 15 or so. Didn't get awfully far.

I read that as Marx. :reject: I knew he was influential, but come on...

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom