Clipperton Island Superthread

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Status
Not open for further replies.
So, the ABC news update just reported that the AFL's said Ben Cousins can play again next year ... and St Kilda and Brisbane are most interested in signing him. God, how typical! :lol:

So, the ABC news update just reported that the AFL's said Ben Cousins can play again next year ... and St Kilda and Brisbane are most interested in signing him. God, how typical! :lol:

I'm really bummed that we can't take him back. Fucker's still got at least five years left in him too, I think. If Harvs could do it, he can.

Funny that he was my hero when I was a kid.

I thought you and the Weagles were all collectively embarrassed about his very existence?

And ha, I love how I didn't realise today's Tuesday, not Wednesday, until I turned on the ABC and found a doco about the Aztecs rather than Spucks & Spicks.

I thought you and the Weagles were all collectively embarrassed about his very existence?

And ha, I love how I didn't realise today's Tuesday, not Wednesday, until I turned on the ABC and found a doco about the Aztecs rather than Spucks & Spicks.

No, I think it's divided. I'm disappointed in him, but he was still a great player. Also, he made Australian news interesting for a while.

Ooh, a documentary about the Aztecs? They should have stuff like that in the Spicks and Specks timeslot. Always.

No, I think it's divided. I'm disappointed in him, but he was still a great player. Also, he made Australian news interesting for a while.

Ooh, a documentary about the Aztecs? They should have stuff like that in Spicks and Specks timeslot. Always.

Ahh, right. And I'm not sure he really made much of a splash on SBS News. I guess if he were a soccer player ...!

You have no taste in TV. :tsk:

Hey Ali! :wave:

I should be getting on with essay writing, but god the Intarwebz are distracting.

This is a cool shirt:

grandtheftoz.jpg

I dunno if this is the time or the place for embarrassing admissions of stupidity, but here goes.

So I get home at 8.30pm, and Rox (a housemate) tells me that they just had leftovers for dinner, and there are still some in the fridge. Last night we had some Moroccan thing I can't remember the name of, it had chickpeas and sweet potato and onions and carrots and dates and apricots, and it was served with couscous. So Rox gets the container of the carrot/chickpea stew stuff out for me, and I slop a bit into a bowl, and there's also a saucepan on the stove, half-full of something that bears an uncanny resemblance to couscous. I add some to my bowl, nuke it, put some yoghurt on top, and take it into the loungeroom to eat.
Another housemate (Alec) sees my dinner and asks Rox if I'm eating (mumble). Rox goes "what?", looks at my plate, and asks me if I took stuff out of the saucepan. I say yes, and they all collapse into fits of laughter, because the stuff in the saucepan is actually bird food. (It was pretty funny.)
The bird food is perfectly fine to eat cos it's also human food, some stuff called pearl Quinoa and grated sweet potato. So after wiping the tears of mirth away, I put a bit of salt on it and chow down. This bird is eating very well indeed.

I dunno if this is the time or the place for embarrassing admissions of stupidity, but here goes.

So I get home at 8.30pm, and Rox (a housemate) tells me that they just had leftovers for dinner, and there are still some in the fridge. Last night we had some Moroccan thing I can't remember the name of, it had chickpeas and sweet potato and onions and carrots and dates and apricots, and it was served with couscous. So Rox gets the container of the carrot/chickpea stew stuff out for me, and I slop a bit into a bowl, and there's also a saucepan on the stove, half-full of something that bears an uncanny resemblance to couscous. I add some to my bowl, nuke it, put some yoghurt on top, and take it into the loungeroom to eat.
Another housemate (Alec) sees my dinner and asks Rox if I'm eating (mumble). Rox goes "what?", looks at my plate, and asks me if I took stuff out of the saucepan. I say yes, and they all collapse into fits of laughter, because the stuff in the saucepan is actually bird food. (It was pretty funny.)
The bird food is perfectly fine to eat cos it's also human food, some stuff called pearl Quinoa and grated sweet potato. So after wiping the tears of mirth away, I put a bit of salt on it and chow down. This bird is eating very well indeed.

Oh my god. :lmao: :lmao:

You're eating as well as a grungy goose.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom