Clipperton Island Superthread

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Status
Not open for further replies.
800 words? You could knock that out in one night and then you're freeeeee. :hyper:

I could, but I want to do some decent research. I'm aiming for 400 words tonight, 400 words tomorrow, and that even gives me leeway if I procrastinate!

As of yesterday, 'meh' is officially a word. It's been added to the dictionaries. No quotations necessary anymore.

It's not a word unless it's in the OED.

D'oh is a word.

I'm gonna go for a little drive to see if I can't find something for tea... 'til then!

Ah, now here is a peeve of mine. Fuck misuse of 'random'. See if you CAN'T find? You want to see if you cannot find something? It's "see if I can find". I've noticed Australians use "can't" all the time in this context. Nobody else seems to do it quite so frequently. Though at least it seems not many people here say "I could care less" instead of "I couldn't care less".

there and their or bought and brought are the only two misused words that get on my goat. The rest don't bother me too much cos I'm not too smaaat. . :lol:

I am so smart. I am so smart. S-M-R-T ...

On a totally unrelated note, having white kitchen benchtops suck. They show off all the stains you knew were there, plus some you didn't! Bah, I'll have to do some cleaning in the next couple of days.

oooh, I just thought of another one :mad: At the juice bar near my work they have a sign for when they're closed. It says, To bad, so sad. Come back tomorrow." IT SHOULD BE TOO

Could be worse. Could be "2 bad". :|

Speaking of that kind of dodgy abbreviation, I really don't get why people use 'n-e' for 'any'. Especially when they write 'n-e-way', which requires one MORE keystroke than writing 'anyway'!

:lol: Our benchtops are brown vinyl :ohmy: No stain ever shows up on that sweet stuff.

:jealous:

I had this dark grey in Brisbane that seemed to hide most stains. But white? White phailz. I've these stains left from the stew I made last night that I think I'll clean sooner rather than later, since it almost looks like somebody's arse exploded in my kitchen. At least any splatter from the napoli sauce I'm making right now will just look like somebody died in my kitchen ...

womaniser womaniser womaniser woma womaniser womaniser you're a womaniser baby

It's such a shame Britney had her breakdown last year. We could have lost a great talent.

Ah, now here is a peeve of mine. Fuck misuse of 'random'. See if you CAN'T find? You want to see if you cannot find something? It's "see if I can find". I've noticed Australians use "can't" all the time in this context. Nobody else seems to do it quite so frequently. Though at least it seems not many people here say "I could care less" instead of "I couldn't care less".

Well, to be fair that was the first time in my life that I've ever said that. "I could care less" is a major pet peeve for me, too.

Well, to be fair that was the first time in my life that I've ever said that. "I could care less" is a major pet peeve for me, too.

You're back in my good books now.

Wait, no you're not. I hate everyone.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom