Cinnaminson, New Jersey Superthread

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Status
Not open for further replies.
Oh Tribute! That's a good song to. "This isn't the greatest song in the world, it's just a tribute."

BBQ chicken tomorrow :drool:

End of Old Home Week, seriously. Get a big 'ol BBQ chicken feast for ten bucks :drool: They're having helicopter rides too, which I considered doing to take some neat pictures but it's 50 bucks. :no:

Yeesh.

Even Daniel Lanois charges less for his tickets.

one of my friends absolutely worships the ground Jack Black walks on, but I've only been impressed by a few things he's done.

"History" is one of those things :laugh:

BBQ chicken tomorrow :drool:

End of Old Home Week, seriously. Get a big 'ol BBQ chicken feast for ten bucks :drool: They're having helicopter rides too, which I considered doing to take some neat pictures but it's 50 bucks. :no:

Yeesh.

Even Daniel Lanois charges less for his tickets.

Ooh, I could go for some barbecue chicken. Or any food, really. Glad I have some leftover pizza in the fridge for lunch. :up:

Hah, I imagine that's probably a reasonable price here ... damn overpriced shit in Australia.

I find Jack Black comedies to be more miss than hit, but when he gets it right.. he's usually farking hilarious!

I knew I should've bottled up one of those -15C days so I could open them on days like today.

Actually, I always thought ten bucks was alot.. but then you factor in what you get with it. Great big chicken boob smothered in BBQ sauce, buns, cole flaw err I mean slaw.. then I even think there's a some kind of dessert. Supports the village anyway. Tomorrow is the big parade, whee. Nothing like shutting down the only main road into the vicinity for some sillyness. Any emergencies will have to wait until after the parade is over :giggle:

I dont' think I'll be finding any locations known as bono_212

Plus we def. need to go to one of the places in Ireland :lol:

I dont' think I'll be finding any locations known as bono_212

Plus we def. need to go to one of the places in Ireland :lol:

Yes, but not only is there likely to be plenty of places called Ashley, but 1. I know where one is in New Zealand and 2. I've been to it.

I was hoping to find a place called the Sar Chasm today, as I thought that would make a great name for this thread. However, doesn't seem to exist.

Oh, that would be AWESOME if you could find somewhere with that name.

I wonder if there's a Dis Gorge ...

Hmm a band called Power Quest

and they're power metal

What're the odds

On Napalm Records?

:hmm:

They must be shuffling priorities.. I don't recall them being such a power metal stronghold.

They all sound the same, those bands.

Blarf!

Actually, I always thought ten bucks was alot.. but then you factor in what you get with it. Great big chicken boob smothered in BBQ sauce, buns, cole flaw err I mean slaw.. then I even think there's a some kind of dessert. Supports the village anyway. Tomorrow is the big parade, whee. Nothing like shutting down the only main road into the vicinity for some sillyness. Any emergencies will have to wait until after the parade is over :giggle:

Oh, and I was going to say, this reminded me of my hometown, with the Christmas parades just ... straight through the centre of town on all the main streets. Forget, you know, actually getting anywhere. But the one year my drama club was in it and I got to ride on their float was fun!

Hmm a band called Power Quest

and they're power metal

What're the odds

On Napalm Records?

:hmm:

They must be shuffling priorities.. I don't recall them being such a power metal stronghold.

They all sound the same, those bands.

Blarf!

Ah, power metal stereotypes. There is no way a band called Power Quest could be anything BUT cheesy power metal.

But yeah, Napalm Records? I didn't think they did that sort of stuff.

I have to say I'm really getting tired of so many bands getting into the operatic metal. When Nightwish first got into it, it was so fresh.. but now every band is adding a woman into it.. or a man that sounds like a woman :giggle:

Ok...so I've come to a problem *buckle yourselves in for a long story*

So, years and years ago, when I used to download a LOT of music (way before I ever got in trouble), I once was searching for songs from the Joe Dirt soundtrack, when a song called "Paradise" by The BoDeans popped up. I hadn't heard the song in the film, and was curious what it was, so I downloaded it. Well I quickly figured out that it was 1. A fantastic song, 2. Not from the Joe Dirt soundtrack at all, 3. Live. Searching for evidence that such a song existed proved fruitless. So now, I decide, well I'll just throw it on my DI list, and just see what I can find, maybe somewhere out there is a studio version. Well folks...5, 6 years later, I've finally discovered where the song is from (let's just say I sucked the first time I tried, and haven't really tried so hard since then). I bought the studio version of the song off of Amazon...and guess what folks. It sucks. It's got like, all these synthesizers in it, and, I know I'm the last person people expect to say this, but it's killing the song. The live performance is acoustic. So now I can't decide. Do I use the live version? (Officially released on an album called Joe Dirt Car, hence why I found it in the first place) But if I do, I have to deal with :gasp: APPLAUSE at the end. But also an interesting lead into another song :hmm: I don't know...just putting that random piece of info out there.

I have to say I'm really getting tired of so many bands getting into the operatic metal. When Nightwish first got into it, it was so fresh.. but now every band is adding a woman into it.. or a man that sounds like a woman :giggle:

Oh god, it's so fucking boring. I'm sick of how it seems that any woman in metal is just going to be used for some operatic/symphonic/goth metal style. Fuck it if she can do anything else; just warble as high as you can!

That's why, even though I don't dig Arch Enemy's music al lthat much, I at least appreciate them because they're a female-fronted metal band not doing the usual shit.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom