Chris Martin's hair, Madonna's ass and legs

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Status
Not open for further replies.
I don't understand why Madonna's song was mixed with the Gorillaz? Could someone explain..

I don't understand why Madonna's song was mixed with the Gorillaz? Could someone explain..
It's called marketing... Another maquiavelic strategy to keep safe the 'queen of pop' title. Madonna is known to keep with herself and to associate with everything that comes up new. The concetp of a virtual band is culturally new. Madonna just put a new badge with it. The girl still on top... Go ahead, Madge!

Chris looked horrible, what's that thing wore in his head? A weasel nest? He looks like he just got out from the cinema and he has been watching Hitchcock.
I agree about what's been said here. 'Talk' is one of my favourite songs from the band, but this version, the Bono-poses that Chris insists to repeat and that stupid falsetto really they just enerve me... The demo version that was circulating was soooo cool, why did you do with the song?

It doesn't matter what Chris Martin does with his hair. He will never be the charasmatic frontman he so obviously wants to be. He just comes off as trying way too hard to be cool. He should stick to the geek schtick he had before. It suited his personality better.

Madonna gives hope to all us women of a certain age. Sometimes I find her annoying as hell, but part of me will always love her.

Madonna can be very attractive, but I hate, hate HATE her current hairstyle. It's exactly like the one Lori sported on "That 70's Show." Makes her look soccer-momish, in my opinion. :yuck:

Yeah, and I'm not feeling Martin's hair, either. Made him look like an insane asylum escapee.

[/superficialgrammycomments]

Let's get real here. Madonna is nowhere near as good as she used to be and is only as popular as she is now because of the music she did in the 80s and that there is a lack of decent competition within her field.

Coldplay are one of the most overrated bands on the planet. Chris Martin is a complete idiot, he tries to be cool and talk intellligently but he can't do either. Stupid hairstyles, poor dress sense (same black jacket all the time), poor live vocals which are whiny and irritating and just don't have the power to make him even a half decent singer.

Numb1075 said:
chris martin looks like a mess

He should look like he did in the Yellow video

He's too strange now

He was strange THEN! I can't understand anyone preferring his geek look. He looks like such a twit. You've all seen me diss him time and time again, he's always looked so pukeworthy I had to turn away at the sight of him. The hair completely changed him from an 'ewww' to a 'whoa baby :love:'

Madonna is 48, btw. Good for her, good for Chris. Bye bye bald heads and flabby legs and asses (if you have the cash!)

But yes I did think he copied Bono's stage moves. Oh well you could copy a lot worse than Bono!

Let's get real here. Madonna is nowhere near as good as she used to be and is only as popular as she is now because of the music she did in the 80s and that there is a lack of decent competition within her field.

Coldplay are one of the most overrated bands on the planet. Chris Martin is a complete idiot, he tries to be cool and talk intellligently but he can't do either. Stupid hairstyles, poor dress sense (same black jacket all the time), poor live vocals which are whiny and irritating and just don't have the power to make him even a half decent singer.

About the Coldplay part... agreed. Chris Martin is an idiot, and do you believe that he really believes in... make trade fair and in those stupid things he puts around his fingers?
However, I have to admit that the rest of the band is talented, they play very well, at a certain point they can create great atmospheres, and they're really good in the studio. Chris' voice and attitude brings it all down. But they're a very intelligent band and they're taking very well the media and critiques boosts.

About Madonna... have you heard her albums... or you only watch the videos that are aired in MTV? Confessions On A Dancefloor, American Life, Ray Of Light and Erotica are easily her best albums... but those who catapulted to the first signs of fame are very very poor. She's not sucessful because of her past music. If so, she would've disappeared and slowly fade like Paula Abdul, Michael Jackson or George Michael. I admire her because she is a very intelligent businesswoman, and she's been making a strategig management of her career through almost 25 years. Do you know why she got back to her roots of the dance-pop music? Because is forbidden to tell to America what she risked to say...:wink:

Chris Martin's hair was absolute crap and Madonna still has the the best legs in the business :wink: . By the way, that Coldplay performance of Talk at the Grammys was one of the worst live performances I have EVER seen. It was BRUTAL :madspit:

I have to take it back. Madonna did not lip sync. The first part of her performance with the Gorillazz was not even her. It was video footage of her. Weird. It looked real though. And I think you guys read too much into Chris Martin copying Bono. In fact the quickness by everyone to jump on anything slightly resembling a U2 thing is way over the top here. Even if Chris Martin's performance was Bonoish I doubt he's intentionally trying to do it. Hell if I was a singer in a band I know I'd have alot of Axl Rose manurisims in the way I performed(not all though LOL) just because that's who I watched all the time when i was growing up. I'm not a big Coldplay fan but I think some of you guys need to cut the Chris Martin vs Bono thing. It just makes you guys sound like bitter old U2 fans. Having said that Chris Martin has never showed me anythign that proves he can sing live. he was awful last night.

VintagePunk said:
Madonna can be very attractive, but I hate, hate HATE her current hairstyle. It's exactly like the one Lori sported on "That 70's Show." Makes her look soccer-momish, in my opinion. :yuck:

Yeah, and I'm not feeling Martin's hair, either. Made him look like an insane asylum escapee.

[/superficialgrammycomments]

I knew I liked you for a reason! Well said :bow:

By the way, Madonna was on Ellen on Thursday & stated she would be touring this summer...

RademR said:

Madonna...wow, what a MILF!!!

Yeah I don't dislike her too...what's wrong with age in the showbiz? We all love Bono & co. even in they all are (abundantly) in theirs 40's...so what? should they give up playing around just for a silly thing like age?

(BTW, what's a MILF, RademR?:eyebrow: )

Headache in a Suitcase said:
neatly buzzed = pukeworthy geek = gwenyth paltrow

wildly out of control white man fro with a touch of male pattern baldness = whoa baby = u2kitten

ok... got it.

The reason he had no hair is because he was balding. He has obviously gotten some type of hair transplant or hair growing treatment as he is no longer receding or balding. He has to keep himself hot to keep her around, perhaps she even asked him to get it done!

The 'geek' look is now going OUT (Thank God!) I see very few buzzheads or greasy spikeheads anymore, either in real life or among male models. So get a clue. But Chris was never one anyway he just never had much hair because he was balding on top but not anymore!

As for Madonna, while I'm sure her hubby likes her ass and butt, he has expressed that he wasn't happy with the way she displays them in public.

I don't think her hairdo looks 'soccer mommish' at all, soccer moms have short permed hair. And her body is certainly not the type you see in your average minivan. (I am not a soccer mom but know quite a few, I do have 3 kids) I wouldn't mind seeing the "Lori Foreman" look return, why not, the bellbottoms and platforms did. Everything does, eventually.

Last edited:
This thread is still going on?

Hilarious.

Hey so and so has hair now so I like his music.

He's losing his hair so I don't like his music anymore.

She's way too hot for her age, she must be working with the devil. I don't like her music.

doubleU said:
This thread is still going on?

Hilarious.

Hey so and so has hair now so I like his music.

He's losing his hair so I don't like his music anymore.

I never liked Martin's music :no: :happy:

There is no such thing as balding when you got cash, that was the point of this thread. "You can buy your hair if it won't grow" as TLC once sang.

Or getting old and having flabby thighs or a saggy ass!

She's way too hot for her age, she must be working with the devil.

I knew it all along! :hmm: :macdevil:

U2Kitten said:

soccer moms have short permed hair.

:yikes: :yikes: Not sure where you live, but :yuck:

U2Kitten said:

I wouldn't mind seeing the "Lori Foreman" look return, why not, the bellbottoms and platforms did. Everything does, eventually.

The 70's styles were atrocious even back in the 70's. I think any desire to revisit them are way over.

VintagePunk said:

:yikes: :yikes: Not sure where you live, but :yuck:

The 70's styles were atrocious even back in the 70's. I think any desire to revisit them are way over.

I disagree. Nothing was worse than the 90's, skinhead guys with their pants hanging down, underwear showing, all kinds of hideous piercings hanging off everything :yuck: only now are we emerging from the horror! How dare anyone diss the 70s and 80s when most of you were guilty of the 90s :no:

The 70s have been back for years now, look at your womens' clothes dept, most of it is rehash of the 70s'. I know, I remember the 70s as a kid hiding in the clothes while my mom shopped!

Last edited:
Headache in a Suitcase said:

how dare he... bono invented hiding male pattern baldness :mad:

definetly, I know Chris Martin wants to be Bono but this is getting ridiculous

inmyplace13 said:
chrismartin-vs-bono.jpg

Ugh Chris copied him by becoming a giant monster again.

:lmao:

I did think Martin's stage movements were very Bono-esque, but I liked Coldplay's performance, and I love the song Talk, I think it's one of the best from X&Y. But I really don't give a shit about Chris Martin's hair.

Chris Martin is still balding, but he has curly hair so as it grows out his receeding hairline is not really that noticable.

If he had straight hair it would be noticable.

U2Kitten said:

The reason he had no hair is because he was balding. He has obviously gotten some type of hair transplant or hair growing treatment as he is no longer receding or balding. He has to keep himself hot to keep her around, perhaps she even asked him to get it done!

I think he's just been buddying around with Jose Theodore of the Montreal Canadiens.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom