Centralia, PA Superthread

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Status
Not open for further replies.
major_panic said:
Two possible options:

"Acrobat? Off, uh, Pop? No, that's right, it was Zooropa. No, well, that's a song that basically we haven't had the, uh, means or opportunity or technology to play as of yet. We're really just waiting for the right moment to pull it out, sort of like Pride - we hardly ever play that anymore now."

OR:

"Acrobat? *laughs* How'd you hear about that song? That was on the demo CD of Bomb that Larry lost, and we never got it back so we haven't released it on an album yet. Sorta like Mercy."

:laugh:

Actually, in all seriousness, on the Elevation Tour, a girl asked Bono if they would play the song for her, as it's her favourite and the gig was on her birthday. He said they'd like to, but Edge would have to meditate in a tree for a month.

WTF.

In U2 by U2, Edge said he thought the song was too dark for a U2 show. Something like "That's not what people come to a U2 show to see."

I thought they came to see, you know, music, but I guess that's just me.

Axver said:

:laugh:

Actually, in all seriousness, on the Elevation Tour, a girl asked Bono if they would play the song for her, as it's her favourite and the gig was on her birthday. He said they'd like to, but Edge would have to meditate in a tree for a month.

WTF.

Is Bono ok?

I can't wait till the next round of concerts. I'm gonna go "Hey Bono, play Red Hill Mining Town!" and he'll probably reply with like "But Adam hasn't practiced playing the drums for years!" or something.

phillyfan26 said:
In U2 by U2, Edge said he thought the song was too dark for a U2 show. Something like "That's not what people come to a U2 show to see."

I thought they came to see, you know, music, but I guess that's just me.

I don't remember that. Then again, I'm not sure if I ever actually read all of U2 By U2. I read it right up to UF, then just skipped around to whatever caught my eye.

And I remember Bono using similar logic to keep In Cold Blood off Zooropa.

He thought a bag was playing an iPod or something, didn't he? And it turned out it was his own?

major_panic said:

I was sooo tempted to write "PET RESCUE TEAM ASSEMBLE" right after seeing Dalton's post, but I didn't want to be too harsh.

:lmao:

sorry but im too old and cynical and spend my day with people with real fucking problems with truly harsh lives who never complain to even comprehend this shit.

major_panic said:

Is Bono ok?

I can't wait till the next round of concerts. I'm gonna go "Hey Bono, play Red Hill Mining Town!" and he'll probably reply with like "But Adam hasn't practiced playing the drums for years!" or something.

:lol:

I'd like to see the U2 fandom launch a concerted attempt to get a particular song played. RHMT, Heartland, Acrobat - I don't care, just one of the ultra-rarities. If it were sufficiently focused and organised, I wonder if it would actually work? Much less got us a WILATW snippet ...

phillyfan26 said:
He thought a bag was playing an iPod or something, didn't he? And it turned out it was his own?

:laugh: yes!!!! we were hangin out in the hotel room and he said he heard music. i could barely hear it. he was convinced it came from someone's suitcase. he said "damn, they have some good music!!" that's when i realized it was from his ipod in his pocket.

unico said:

I answer to pretty much anything. But Beav called me Maya. He was shitfaced, I can't remember the conversation, but we were at a bar. So it just stuck from then on.

Now time to see just how far I can push this "answer to pretty much anything" deal, aiM.

Axver said:

I'd like to see the U2 fandom launch a concerted attempt to get a particular song played. RHMT, Heartland, Acrobat - I don't care, just one of the ultra-rarities. If it were sufficiently focused and organised, I wonder if it would actually work? Much less got us a WILATW snippet ...

Get the whole of Interference to rock up wearing a T-shirt with a song written on it, or something.

That being said, "the whole of Interference" would probably end up wanting: a) Beautiful Day b) One or c) Mercy. :|

major_panic said:

Get the whole of Interference to rock up wearing a T-shirt with a song written on it, or something.

That being said, "the whole of Interference" would probably end up wanting: a) Beautiful Day b) One or c) Mercy. :|

we should have KL shirts...or flowerchild

Axver said:
I don't remember that. Then again, I'm not sure if I ever actually read all of U2 By U2. I read it right up to UF, then just skipped around to whatever caught my eye.

And I remember Bono using similar logic to keep In Cold Blood off Zooropa.

The Lord be with you.
(And also with you.)
A reading from the Gospel of U2, according to Bono.
(Glory to you, O Lord.)

EDGE: In the midst of dark romance, "Acrobat" has a bit of venom about it. It's in the bitter, John Lennon tradition of "Working Class Hero," slightly snarling and cynical. It never became a live favourite, maybe because I don't think that is what people come to U2 for. But I really like it.

BONO: "Acrobat" is one of my favorite U2 songs although it doesn't quite get off the ground the way I'd hoped it would. It has a kind of manifesto in there somewhere. Don't believe what you hear, don't believe what you see, if you just close your eyes, you can feel the enemy. It is a song about your own spleen, your own hypocrisy, your own ability to change shape and take on the colours of whatever environment you're in, like a chameleon. I must be an acrobat, to talk like this and act like that.

The Gospel of the Lord.
(Praise to you, Lord Bono Vox.)

unico said:

:lol: when i was an undergrad, i changed all my friends' AIM programs to read "AIM is MIA backwards!!!"

That's made of SuperWin, I'm A.

major_panic said:

Get the whole of Interference to agree on anything would be a mission.

How about one of those lame fan actions? Last tour, at one gig, someone got everybody to hold up signs saying "thank you". Fuck that. Let's have signs saying "ACROBAT!"

unico said:
i wish i could bring my doggie to work :(

I wish I had a dog, or any kind of pet for that matter. :(

Actually I'd like a cat, but my entire family is dead set against the idea.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom