cats vs. dogs =the kind of person you are) - Page 4 - U2 Feedback

Go Back   U2 Feedback > Lypton Village > Lemonade Stand > Lemonade Stand Archive
Click Here to Login

Old 07-31-2002, 04:47 PM   #46
ONE
love, blood, life

Local Time: 08:11 PM
Quote:
Originally posted by dream wanderer
First let me say I'm a fan of both...

I think it boils down to what someone needs from a pet. I personally don't need constant attention ...I don't need a pet to have something to play with...I don't need to have someone run up to me when I come home....its fine if you like and need all that...I just don't.

I think also some people need to be the 'master' in a relationship. The one looked up to...the one that gives the orders....a chain of command if you will...a hierarchy. They of course cannot get that from a cat...a cat ignores them...they can't be submissive...they can't be made to obey.

If you are a cat person you don't have that kind of a need.

I do however like dogs...they have their good qualities...but if I had a choice I would rather be with a cat..

I do find it interesting that there are more virilent dog lovers who hate cats than cat lovers who hate dogs...is it that cat people are just ...nicer?

dream wanderer

I'd like to say AMEN to this.

All people are different, and have different personalities.
The same goes for animals. This does not make any of them
sucky, or any of the terrible things people have said on this thread about animals that perhaps are just not their type.

I think there are indeed more civil and mature ways to express your opinion rather than being insulting. If you don't like cats,
or dogs, fine - but just leave it at that. Don't insult animals
that many of us love - and love for a reason. If you insult
the type of pet we have, you are insulting us. Don't insult
people that you don't know.

Old 07-31-2002, 04:48 PM   #47
Paper Gods
Forum Administrator

Local Time: 06:11 PM
Quote:
Originally posted by HelloAngel
BUT AT LEAST I HAVE THE DECENCY NOT TO IGNORANTLY INSULT THEM IN THE FACE OF THOSE WHO LOVE DOGS. DIFFERENT STROKES FOR DIFFERENT FOLKS, PEOPLE. HAVE SOME DECENCY AND IF YOU FEEL THE NEED TO INSULT A LOVING ANIMAL FOR WHATEVER REASON, DO IT ON YOUR OWN TIME.
i agree. this is the second thread jofo has started attacking things animal related. given that vegetarians/animal owners thread, i wouldn't think he'd start something blatantly insulting cats in the very first post.

but anyway. i love both animals, although i am allergic to them. however, i'm moreso allergic to dogs, so i'm fine with my cats as long as we bathe them to get rid of their dander. my grandparents have a dog that's almost as old as me, i love him like he was my little brother or something. he always sleeps outside my door when we go visit, and my grandparents tell me he never sleeps upstairs. at home, we had three kitties, and we just got #4 yesterday!!

Old 07-31-2002, 04:56 PM   #48
New Yorker

Local Time: 07:11 PM
Hmm...I have to say, I'm a dog person. I like both cats & dogs, but cats seem to not like me so much...maybe it's just the cats I've been around, not sure...I have nothing against them! I think both are wonderful, and I just miss having a pet in general. Also, my last dog probably acted more like a cat, and from what I've heard, some cats have dog-like attitudes. So I guess it is more about personality...
Bonochick, all your pets are adorable, but I especially the labs!! I want one so much!!
Old 07-31-2002, 05:25 PM   #49
Blue Crack Addict

Local Time: 05:11 PM
I like both, but the reason I am a cat owner and not a dog owner is very simple:

dogs are needy
cats are indy
Old 07-31-2002, 05:54 PM   #50
Dub
The Fly

Local Time: 05:11 PM
I grew up with dogs all my life, and love them dearly, but when I moved to an apartment I didn't think it was fair on a dog to keep them inside all day so I got a cat with much trepidation because I had been afraid of cats most of my life, I found them unpredictable and somewhat wild. But once I owned a cat - I have 2 now, I completely changed my opinion of them, they are loving, playful and intelligent animals. One myth I would like to dispell though is that cats are less work / responsibility than dogs. I think they are more of a hassel than dogs because if you are going away for the weekend, you have to find a catsitter whereas with a dog, you can bring them along, or drop them off at a friends house and they'll be fine, sometimes I wish I could take my cats camping with me, but they've never been outside before and it would be too traumatic for them. All in all both cats and dogs are great, and adding an animal to your life is a huge benefit cause you know somebody always is there to love you and for you to love.
Old 07-31-2002, 06:08 PM   #51
Refugee

Cats rock. Dogs bark and jump all over you and shit all over your yard/house. I like some dogs that are quiet and well behaved and have a specified shitting-spot. otherwise, cats are better.
Old 07-31-2002, 06:41 PM   #52
ONE
love, blood, life

Local Time: 09:41 PM
what I've gathered from some people is that cats are the best because they don't require as much care and attention.

Dogs bark and shit and etc etc
blah

I'd hate to see it when said individuals get babies!! if they ever do
Old 07-31-2002, 06:47 PM   #53
Rock n' Roll Doggie
FOB

Location: Born under a bad sign with a blue moon in your eyes
Bonochick I your labs

I have two chocolates, and they are so wonderful.

Labs are definately one of the nicest breed of dogs out there. I think even the non dog lovers would like a lab.
Old 07-31-2002, 06:49 PM   #54
Rock n' Roll Doggie
FOB

Location: Born under a bad sign with a blue moon in your eyes
Quote:
Originally posted by u2er
Dogs bark and jump all over you and shit all over your yard/house.
That's a function of bad training by the owner. In fact, most bad dog habits are the result of poor training/abuse.
Old 07-31-2002, 06:51 PM   #55
ONE
love, blood, life

Local Time: 09:41 PM
Quote:
Originally posted by daisybean

That's a function of bad training by the owner. In fact, most bad dog habits are the result of poor training/abuse.
word up, yo!

labs and beagels and so nice!!!
Old 07-31-2002, 07:11 PM   #56
Refugee

i don't own any pets. i can barely take care of myself.
Old 07-31-2002, 07:20 PM   #57
Refugee

Quote:
Originally posted by Basstrap
labs and beagels and so nice!!!
i like those
Old 07-31-2002, 08:59 PM   #58
Refugee

Local Time: 11:11 AM
I am 100% a dog person, now dont get me wrong I dont really hate cats, but I dont like them all that much, mainly because I get the most horrid hay fever from them, I have a friend who has 4 cats and within being in her house for only ten minutes I start sneezing my head off and also here in Australia domesticated cats kill so many native birds and little animals all the time- now I know that they are just doing what comes naturally to them, but it is the owners who are not responsible for the actions of their cats, at least dogs can roam about without killing animals........anyway I am a huge lover of labradors- I get more goo goo over them than what I do over babies, I have had two whilst I was growing up a black one called Tulip and a yellow one called Cheaky, but sadly my last one Cheaky we had to have put down in 91 as she had terrible arthritis and since then I havn't had my own dog, I would love to but it is to selfish on my part as they are a big responsibility and I cant make that commitment, but I have friends who have dogs so I just play with them, but how cute are they?????

Old 07-31-2002, 10:20 PM   #59
Rock n' Roll Doggie
Band-aid

Local Time: 12:11 AM
Quote:
Originally posted by KhanadaRhodes

i agree. this is the second thread jofo has started attacking things animal related. given that vegetarians/animal owners thread, i wouldn't think he'd start something blatantly insulting cats in the very first post.

but anyway. i love both animals, although i am allergic to them. however, i'm moreso allergic to dogs, so i'm fine with my cats as long as we bathe them to get rid of their dander. my grandparents have a dog that's almost as old as me, i love him like he was my little brother or something. he always sleeps outside my door when we go visit, and my grandparents tell me he never sleeps upstairs. at home, we had three kitties, and we just got #4 yesterday!!

dude, I am totally only playing with you guys.
yeah, I don't like cats, but I'm not totally serious about the cats stuff I'm saying.
this thread was suppossed to be playful, and I KNEW I was gonna catch hell from the cat people....I always do when I talk to people about cats.

now, I don't know what you're talking about with the veg/animal owners thread...did I post something insulting there???
Old 07-31-2002, 11:07 PM   #60
War Child

I am definitely a dog person. I have a yellow lab who is now 6 years old and I love her to death! She's my workout buddy - I take her out running, walking, biking, and skiing with me. It's so funny when she's out in the snow diving and rolling in it! She's such a little dork!