Career Counseling

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
I met with one years ago while in school to help me focus... the best they did for me was have me fill out that Personal Interest/Skills survey that analyzed my strengths and weaknesses. It showed me what I was predisposed to excel in, which didn't really tell me anything I didn't already know; That I'm good in English and logic, and so thus would excel in the Communication field.. which was my major....

hmmm - thats what i am affraid - If I meet with one - I will get little info that I do not already know. Although maybe someone who is really good would provide more insight.

anyone else?

MrBrau1 said:
I would talk to someone in your industry. I have an old boss who is of great help to me.

In addition to the career counselor, talk to a number of people - from different industries.

There are jobs and industries out there that you never think of, yet can be quite rewarding and satisfying.

The ones I've met with haven' t been of much use. That said, I do think if you find a good one, it could be very useful. The only things they've said that were helpful dealt with how to get started in fields I was interested in. I'm still drifting and am basically going to be without goals, home, job, etc in a couple months, so it clearly didn't work...hey, if you find a good one, pass on their info to me, ok? ;) Anyway, main point - I think a lot of them aren't that great, but if you find one that someone has reccomended, definitely go for it. I think there's definitely the potential for it to be worthwhile. :) sorry, this doesn't help much... :reject:

yes, and it was not a very good experience. My counselor told me that I could never get in a Public college, she said that I wouldn't pass the very hard tests, and if I passed I would turn in a comunist or a junkie or a slut (I studied in a nun's private school). And she told me that I couldn't waste my time studying arts (the thing I love most) and maybe I had not enough talent.

well nothing of that was true... i'm in the best college here (wich is public) I'm not junkie or any of that, and I'm doing just great studying graphic design and art. Maybe I had bad luck with that crap of counsellor, I'm sure you will find someone who really cares about you

good irish luck

lore

Back
Top Bottom