Cardinals vs Houston Pt 1

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Headache in a Suitcase said:
i've hated jeff kent since he was a met... he's such a horrific clutch player

I share your hate for kent. We traded alomar to new york for him and kept him for about 4 months. Then he went to san fran and started mashing the ball. all the guy did was whine the whole time he was in cleveland. but he is a popular guy in houston right now.

Headache in a Suitcase said:
julian tavarez is out... broke 2 bones in his hand when he absolutely lost his mind in the dugout yesterday.
Amybody else think Tavarez looks like the hitman in "Scarface" that Tony Montana shoots while they're in the car together cause he was gonna blow up the car with the family in it..."I told you no fucking kids, look at you know you piece of chit!"
Of course Tavarez is way crazier than the hitman and Tony Montana combined.

i did some research

when the cards were down 3 - 2 going back to busch in 82 and 87, they won the ws in 82 and lcs in 87 in that situation.

ok, so it wont mean anything but its a glitter of hope

drivemytrabant said:

I share your hate for kent. We traded alomar to new york for him and kept him for about 4 months. Then he went to san fran and started mashing the ball. all the guy did was whine the whole time he was in cleveland. but he is a popular guy in houston right now.

Ugh I need to stop posting when I am half asleep. We traded Carlos Baerga for Kent (and Jose Visciano who now also plays for Houston) bad trade for both teams. StlElevation--as far as the cards chances in game six--I'd say they are pretty good. Just getting back to St. Louis helps the cards alot.

full rested clemens in game 7 should the cards beat munro...which they better...

adding insult to injury i have world series tickets to either game 3 4 or 5 if i want them...games thatll likely not occur for st louis. :sigh:

"you want hats? you got hats!" -tavarez after dumping a bag full of hats on lloyd mclendons desk after he asked tavarez's hat to be checked

tavarez is a nutcase but pretty cool

though this last outburst was stupid

i hope the red sox win tonight so i dont have to watch the cardinals game tomorrow, i cant take this anymore

the red sox game would be at 8 est i think.

the cardinals game is at 4 est. so you have to watch.

2 home games with their "ace" Morris followed by Suppan and they're all calling for doom...jeez would Rick Ankiel be on the NLCS roster today if he took that attitude after repeatedly hitting the bull mascot during the 2001 playoffs?

but if we had ankiel on the roster to pitch game 7 then id predict world series champs

unfortunately they left him off :(

Left him off??
But you guys had me convinced months ago he was World Series MVP!
How could LaRussa leave off a future hall of famer like that?

Check Clemens' career post season numbers and tell me if you feel the Cards are done.
He's had more failure than success. I witnessed him lose an ALCS game 13-1 in person 5 yrs ago...it ain't overyet.

tavarez breaking hsi hand really hurt us

he could have pitched the 8th and izzy the 9th

but izzy had to go 2 and blew it

i think everybody saw that coming

Back
Top Bottom