Car Insurance sucks...Post your rates here!

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Hey CK
With a clean driving record, an average insurance score and a 2001 focus midrange - assuming certain limits and deductibles - a bare facts quick quote puts you at around $1300 a year.

You need to go insurance shopping - get an agent out of the yellow pages - they will shop it for you. If you go the no agent route - direct sales like Progressive or Geico then you have to ask the right questions and know what coverage you need.

When you got the agent - and they give a quote remember a few things -

Ask if there isn't a better deal / reduced commision rate - just like anything else they are out to earn money and it's like bargaining on the price of the car. No one pays sticker.

Keep the deductible as high as you can afford if you really needed to make a claim. Other than that - don't make a claim. We terminate people all day who make 2 or 3 hundred dollar claims in a year or two - and we have stayed with clients who had major accidents in the thousands - because on average most people only have a accident every 7 - 11 years.

Frequency of claims is an indicator of behavior not only type of claims.

Good luck

------------------
You ain't nothin without a rhythm section.

"Who's to say what it is will break you."

Originally posted by TheU2:
I got your standard 2001 blue four door se.

I really wanted the zx3 until I realized that I coudn't fit 4 sets of golf clubs in the hatch/trunk whatever.

CK

I got alot of miles on it, though....around 26,000 and I've had the car about 16 months. Blargh.

CK again

I bought mine used last year and it had a ton of miles on it for being only a year and a half old. I really don't drive all that much so I am making up for it. I think i have 37,000 on it now.
On another note, I heard someone blatantly making fun of my car the other week (I was in a building listening through an open window that looked over the parking lot). "I hate those focus'. They are SO ugly." I know lots of people find the zx3 hideous but hearing it hurt
wink.gif
Muahuaha i desperately wanted to yell b-ish things out the window but I resisted.

Khanda - I work for Travelers [the red umbrella] - I handle MD, DC, VA, SC, NC, KY, TN, OH, GA, MO, AL, AR, NE, KS, IA and SD. Home, Auto, personal liability and valuable items. And before you ask, Elizabeth- NO YOU CANNOT INSURE THE PANTS!
biggrin.gif

CK - NY is one of Travelers strongest areas - so they can really compete in the price.

------------------
You ain't nothin without a rhythm section.

"Who's to say what it is will break you."

Originally posted by YellowKite:
Khanda - I work for Travelers [the red umbrella] - I handle MD, DC, VA, SC, NC, KY, TN, OH, GA, MO, AL, AR, NE, KS, IA and SD. Home, Auto, personal liability and valuable items. And before you ask, Elizabeth- NO YOU CANNOT INSURE THE PANTS!
biggrin.gif

CK - NY is one of Travelers strongest areas - so they can really compete in the price.

Sandy Lyle is your boss!!

CK

Wow...some of you are totally getting hozed on the car insurance...depending upon the type of system you have, the younger drivers usually have to pay more (though not here in British Columbia...the state has a monopoly in providing basic coverage, and the state car insurance jprovider subsidizes the rates for young drivers).

I've been a driver for 22 years...no accidents ever. I pay $575CDN for basic coverage for my 1999 Honda CRV, plus $300CDN for extra liability, so about $75CDN a month. It's pretty cheap here in Victoria.

Back
Top Bottom