Butt Bridge, Dublin, Ireland Superthread

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
I didn't know the name of that bridge until today...

:laugh:

We were rather amused when we spotted it on our map and had to take a walk to it.

And I just edited Part II of that trivia article ... thought I better make a mention of Passengers at the end for good measure. It sort of makes Zooropa's live representation look not so bad, but sort of makes it look more shit too.

You could do what Bono does and plagiarise the Bible. :happy:

Not as if God can sue you anyway.

I'm stealing from an essay I wrote a year ago and I still can't seem to get any momentum going with this thesis. :crack:

I'm stealing from an essay I wrote a year ago and I still can't seem to get any momentum going with this thesis. :crack:

Hopefully it's a good essay :lol:

These lyrics are emo, oh well I guess the song needs more sell out

Ironically the one guitar part I wrote for this song sounds like a piano...fail :lol:

Yeah, I think it was one of my better essays.

Is this the sell-out song you mentioned, or are you selling out even more?

Yeah, I think it was one of my better essays.

Is this the sell-out song you mentioned, or are you selling out even more?

Well at least that's a good thing to copy off

Nope same song, I finished the guitar parts for it early, writing lyrics for it right now, then tomorrow or monday will see a drum and vocal track being laid down. And then we'll hopefully never have to sell out again :wink:

Watch out, the song will go to #1 and everybody will expect an album with more of the same.

Then again, what does it take to go #1 in Ireland nowadays? Four sales? :wink:

Watch out, the song will go to #1 and everybody will expect an album with more of the same.

Then again, what does it take to go #1 in Ireland nowadays? Four sales? :wink:

People will want more of the same...what would be the same pop-prog, it's gotta the complexity of prog but only lasts 2:50 minutes, but we use every second for solos and random tempo changes!

I'm pretty sure we could get to number selling it on the street :lol:

I want you to write a 60 second song that features 60 different time signatures. Get to work!

Are your songs so experimental that they are made entirely with kitchen appliances, though?

Because I am very interested in a fridge solo.

Are your songs so experimental that they are made entirely with kitchen appliances, though?

Because I am very interested in a fridge solo.

I'm thinking of doing a harmony with a fridge where I sing "hmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmm"

Plus you haven't heard Cows yet

That sounds like it has the potential to rip off that Crash Test Dummies song!

I insist upon a goat snippet of the soddin' mountain variety.

That's possible, we haven't done much for the song, it's based on a long jam I played and the opening has cows over it, that's the song so far:lol:

Well you sure aren't missing much ...

God I need to stop procrastinating. Uuuuuggghhhh.

Procrastinatory yet productive. Kind of contradictory times.

And I've discovered a band I'd never thought would tour Australia are touring here in January. I'm sure I'm the only Cynic fan on here, but awwww yeaaaahhhh.

You might be their only fan, full stop! :D I've never heard of them. Which reminds me, what's this band called Anvil? There's a stupid ad for a movie which is coming out in September. It all looks dumb. I don't get it. If it's supposed to be another comedic documentary, then they've failed already.

You're the second person who's mentioned Anvil to me in the last few days! I'd never heard of them, and they look like a pretty crappy metal band.

(But then I tend to think the vast bulk of metal prior to the 1990s was pretty crappy.)

I suspect their crappiness is the point. It smells like a poor Spinal Tap '08. And I don't think they actually do exist in a legitimate sense as a band. Or maybe I'm just hopeful?

Back
Top Bottom