Bumpass, Virginia Superthread - Page 28 - U2 Feedback

Go Back   U2 Feedback > Lypton Village > Lemonade Stand > Lemonade Stand Archive
Click Here to Login

Old 05-10-2008, 05:04 PM   #406
Blue Crack Distributor

Local Time: 12:37 AM
The soundtrack to the land before time

Yeah, so I told him:
If it is in the same condition it was in when I sent it out I will refund
you.
However, I think your excuse is beyond ridiculous. LP = Record, CD = CD.
Your mistake.

And I get an e-mail from him today saying:

Yes I will return the item. And whether the mistake is mine or yours is
irrelevant. If you didn't accept returns, it should have been clear on your
item discription page. If you wish to continue selling items "as is" and
"sales final" perhaps you might want start selling your items on ebay
instead. And let the buyer beware.

The guy's acting like I purposely misled him

Old 05-10-2008, 05:10 PM   #407
Paper Gods
Forum Administrator

Local Time: 02:37 AM
what an asshole. buyer's remorse (to me, misreading the auction falls under that) does NOT count as a valid reason for returning the item.

i see nowhere in your email where you say you don't accept returns, you're just stating he needed to be more careful. and it's true. there's loads of ebayers who wouldn't be as forgiving as you.

Old 05-10-2008, 05:14 PM   #408
Blue Crack Distributor

He bought it from me on amazon and he says that in my item discription I didn't write no returns.

Have you EVER seen an item on Amazon marketpalce say no returns?

BUt whatev. I'm over it. I just have to track down $37 now to give back to him.

anyways, Khan I started developing a desert island list in my head that's doomed to fail, but I would love to death while listening to Father Figure in my car
Old 05-10-2008, 05:18 PM   #409
Paper Gods
Forum Administrator

it's like this. i'm selling tickets on ebay right now. well, someone just bought them, but still.

i listed the section number and everything. someone asked me what seat #s they were to find out what side of the stage they'd be on. now let's say they hadn't. (cuz on ebay there's only a section for section and row, which i did enter) then they want to return the tickets because they wanted to be on the other side of the stage?

if you're not sure, just ask. that's why all these auction/seller-type places like ebay and amazon have the ask a question button, so you can ask them stuff! if they lie to you, then you've got a leg to stand on.

i mean either he was stupid and didn't know what lp stood for, or he just glazed over that part and saw "ooh, land before time soundtrack! score!" and bought it and when he got it, realized then he'd made a mistake. maybe one of these days, he'll pull that shit on ebay and someone will retaliate with negative feedback for him not reading...not even the fine print, but the fucking title!

it's like the people who bid on "NINTENDO WII BOX ONLY" and cry that they get an empty box. you're a dumbass who can't read, you deserve to be tricked like that for thinking you'd get a brand new wii for $20. INCLUDING shipping.
Old 05-10-2008, 05:22 PM   #410
Paper Gods
Forum Administrator

Quote:
Originally posted by bono_212
He bought it from me on amazon and he says that in my item discription I didn't write no returns.

Have you EVER seen an item on Amazon marketpalce say no returns?

BUt whatev. I'm over it. I just have to track down $37 now to give back to him.

anyways, Khan I started developing a desert island list in my head that's doomed to fail, but I would love to death while listening to Father Figure in my car
yeah, i've bought stuff on amazon before (i just bought a few things last week actually) and i've never seen "no returns" stated. but you can't just return things on a whim. i guess someone could argue you could do so with a store, people return tvs the day after the super bowl all the time. but i like to think it works a little differently online, since it involves shipping, you need to provide a reason, like begging with the seller PLEEEEEASE LET ME RETURN MY ITEM!!! lol.

hopefully you'll be able to find that money soon

heh, that sounds like the playlist i'm going to develop for #6 (yeah i'm thinking that far ahead already, since i'm already done with mine for #5). i love father figure so i wouldn't deduct points if you used that song
Old 05-10-2008, 05:22 PM   #411
Blue Crack Distributor

Quote:
Originally posted by KhanadaRhodes
it's like this. i'm selling tickets on ebay right now. well, someone just bought them, but still.

i listed the section number and everything. someone asked me what seat #s they were to find out what side of the stage they'd be on. now let's say they hadn't. (cuz on ebay there's only a section for section and row, which i did enter) then they want to return the tickets because they wanted to be on the other side of the stage?

if you're not sure, just ask. that's why all these auction/seller-type places like ebay and amazon have the ask a question button, so you can ask them stuff! if they lie to you, then you've got a leg to stand on.

i mean either he was stupid and didn't know what lp stood for, or he just glazed over that part and saw "ooh, land before time soundtrack! score!" and bought it and when he got it, realized then he'd made a mistake. maybe one of these days, he'll pull that shit on ebay and someone will retaliate with negative feedback for him not reading...not even the fine print, but the fucking title!

it's like the people who bid on "NINTENDO WII BOX ONLY" and cry that they get an empty box. you're a dumbass who can't read, you deserve to be tricked like that for thinking you'd get a brand new wii for $20. INCLUDING shipping.
Pretty much exactly. The only reason I'm refunding him or even responding to him is because I called Amazon and asked them what they thought, and the guy I talked to was really nice and he said that they couldn't make me refund him, but they would appreciate it, becaues they like to run Amazon like any other business and a business would have refunded him even if it was his fault or something like that. The point is, the guy's a douche and an idiot, but he will be an LP-less douche idiot.

And dont remind me of those Wii-boxes that was so wrong, but I couldn't help but laugh because I knew there had to be hundreds of people who fell for it.
Old 05-10-2008, 05:25 PM   #412
Blue Crack Distributor

The whole kind of idea behind the playlist, is taht I'm so tired of trying to (unsuccessfully) cater to the wills of the B&C audience, so I'm really just going to make a playlist of stuff I like.

The thing is, I think I'd feel bad entering it because I KNOW it'll lose. What if I take someone's spot and they really had a playlist that stands a chance.
Old 05-10-2008, 05:31 PM   #413
Blue Crack Addict

Local Time: 03:37 AM
that dude is dumb. also don't refund his money until you're sure it's in the same condition as when you last saw it.
Old 05-10-2008, 05:32 PM   #414
Blue Crack Distributor

Quote:
Originally posted by Varitek
that dude is dumb. also don't refund his money until you're sure it's in the same condition as when you last saw it.
Yeah there's no way. The thing was sealed. Original wrappings and all that jazz. if theres' so much as a nick in the wrapper he's getting nothing
Old 05-10-2008, 05:33 PM   #415
Blue Crack Addict

I did complain on amazon once because I bought a textbook that said "no marks" (I hate other peoples' writing in books, most of the time I don't even write in books) and it arrived full of highlighting. She offered me a half refund and to keep the book, which I took.
Old 05-10-2008, 05:35 PM   #416
Blue Crack Distributor

Quote:
Originally posted by Varitek
I did complain on amazon once because I bought a textbook that said "no marks" (I hate other peoples' writing in books, most of the time I don't even write in books) and it arrived full of highlighting. She offered me a half refund and to keep the book, which I took.
I think I get the last laugh on this. Last I checked the CD version of the soundtrack was over $100
Old 05-10-2008, 05:42 PM   #417
Blue Crack Addict

Quote:

I think I get the last laugh on this. Last I checked the CD version of the soundtrack was over $100
For the land before time??
Old 05-10-2008, 05:44 PM   #418
Paper Gods
Forum Administrator

Quote:
lol, he'll be begging to buy it back
Old 05-10-2008, 05:53 PM   #419
Blue Crack Addict

http://www.amazon.com/gp/offer-listi...r_olp_1?ie=UTF
Old 05-10-2008, 05:59 PM   #420
Vocal parasite

Local Time: 07:37 PM
Hi folks.

Ian McCulloch the U2 fan:
"Who buys U2 records anyway? It's just music for plumbers and bricklayers. Bono, what a slob. You'd think with all that climbing about he does, he'd look real fit and that. But he's real fat, y'know. Reminds me of a soddin' mountain goat."
"And as for Bono, he needs a colostomy bag for his mouth."

U2gigs: The most comprehensive U2 setlist database!
Gig pictures | Blog

Tags
superthread