Bumpass, Virginia Superthread

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Status
Not open for further replies.
coolian2 said:

Was hot the term i ought to have used? I couldn't decide.

yeah unless it's a cool tshirt print or something, woman's clothing should be called cute, hot, or sexy depending on the degree you want to express.

The closing track is a little better than most of the middle.

Not a big fan of this album after the first listen. It's music that lends itself to its vocals tremendously, and it just doesn't work with Chris Martin's falsetto.

phillyfan26 said:
The closing track is a little better than most of the middle.

Not a big fan of this album after the first listen. It's music that lends itself to its vocals tremendously, and it just doesn't work with Chris Martin's falsetto.

they should throw him out of the band

'Sup bitches? :wave:

Sorry to see you didn't like Parachutes that much, P. The falsetto is terrible, but I like the overall feel of the album - it's pretty intimate and all sounds pretty good.

I'm packing up the Arcade Fire stuff to send, too.

The first couple of tracks and the closing track had good music. It's really hurt by the vocals, I think. It definitely needs a re-listen though, there's potential in that instrumentation.

I am usually more impressed by music then vocals. i do like Yellow, but from the sounds of it, I wouldn't like the rest of the album

bono_212 said:
I am usually more impressed by music then vocals. i do like Yellow, but from the sounds of it, I wouldn't like the rest of the album

I think great music can overshadow my distaste for the vocals, but with Coldplay, Chris is out in the forefront that it's nearly impossible to like the song if his voice gets too shitty.

Vocal annoyances can really put me off liking a band, yet I love Smashing Pumpkins. Go figure.

DreamOutLoud13 said:
I personally love the dress, Vari. It's cute and sexy at the same time. Of course, finding a bra that could be worn under it would be an issue.

yeah i'm worried about the bra, though for my chest size i'm remarkably comfortable going without, so that might be an option. my sister tried those cup stick on bra things and it didn't go so well.

also i'm 5'2 so it would go down below my knees, which changes it a little, but that's the case with all dresses for my height

LemonMacPhisto said:

I think great music can overshadow my distaste for the vocals, but with Coldplay, Chris is out in the forefront that it's nearly impossible to like the song if his voice gets too shitty.

Vocal annoyances can really put me off liking a band, yet I love Smashing Pumpkins. Go figure.

I'm very much affected by vocals, both the content and sound. It's a barrier to a lot of otherwise good music for me.

DreamOutLoud13 said:
Yeah, I'm short and have problems with dresses being too long too :sigh: You could always get it hemmed though, I guess.

in my copious spare time between now and graduation :laugh:

i think i'll buy it, i just want feedback from 2 friends irl...then i just have to get shoes. i can always return it and go shopping in real life if it really sucks.

you know what i don't get? amy winehouse turned herself in for doing drugs in a video...yet people "do" drugs in movies/tv all the time and it's not real and they don't get in trouble...why didn't she just say it was fake?

oH my God. I'm watching Hannah Montana with my little brother, and this might have been the greatest exchange ever.

Hannah is reading a book about lying to a group of 2nd graders, and then after she finishes she goes, "any questions?"

Little Girl: Hannah, have you ever told a lie

Hannah: That's a good question, next question

Little Boy: Hannah, why won't you answer her question?

Hannah: well, you know, sometimes, thngs are...difficult and sometimes you have to....

Teacher: Hannah, you're not telling a group of SECOND graders it's ok to lie are you ?

Hannah: Oh! no, no, but, sometimes, it's you know....

All Kids: HANNAH MONTANA'S A LIAR! :ohmy:

Hannah: No, no it's not like that...it's like...SUPERMAN! Superman doesn't tell Lois Lane he's not Clark Kent, but it doesn't mean he doesn't love her.

Little Boy 2: SUPERMAN'S A LIAR?!?!?!? *Children in class are horrified*

Hannah: No, no, Superman's not even real

Little Boy 2: SUPERMAN'S NOT REAL *on verge of tears*

Hannah: No wait...it's like this, your parents have told you you could be president someday right? *all the little kids agree excitedly* well, I mean, obviuosly not ALL of you can be president. Most likely none of you will be president. *Hannah realizes how bad what she says was* Er...wait...*scene fades out*

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom