Bumpass, Virginia Superthread

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Status
Not open for further replies.
Axver said:
Dear Superthread Sigur Ros fans,

I cannot fathom why you recommended the album Von to me. Besides Myrkur, which is a fucking amazing track, the rest of the album is a complete waste. Sure, it's atmospheric, but you need to DO something with the atmosphere and give the listener something to take away rather than just ambiencing yourself into a dull grey background.

Regards,
Ax

Yeah, what Phanan said.

Takk... or ( ) is the best way to go. At least Von has atmosphere though, which is good.

So what's the deal with these superthreads???

I see they have funny names.

And I see that you guys discuss a wide range of topics. Everything from music to sex to television to trains.

Where do I have to sign to join in on the discussion. Or would it be safer for me not to join? :wink:

This guy on Amazon bought a vinyl from me, and now he wants to return it because he thought it was a CD.....and he says that the term LPwasn't clear

The soundtrack to the land before time :lol:

Yeah, so I told him:
If it is in the same condition it was in when I sent it out I will refund
you.
However, I think your excuse is beyond ridiculous. LP = Record, CD = CD.
Your mistake.

And I get an e-mail from him today saying:

Yes I will return the item. And whether the mistake is mine or yours is
irrelevant. If you didn't accept returns, it should have been clear on your
item discription page. If you wish to continue selling items "as is" and
"sales final" perhaps you might want start selling your items on ebay
instead. And let the buyer beware.

The guy's acting like I purposely misled him

what an asshole. buyer's remorse (to me, misreading the auction falls under that) does NOT count as a valid reason for returning the item.

i see nowhere in your email where you say you don't accept returns, you're just stating he needed to be more careful. and it's true. there's loads of ebayers who wouldn't be as forgiving as you.

He bought it from me on amazon and he says that in my item discription I didn't write no returns.

Have you EVER seen an item on Amazon marketpalce say no returns?

BUt whatev. I'm over it. I just have to track down $37 now to give back to him.

anyways, Khan I started developing a desert island list in my head that's doomed to fail, but I would love to death while listening to Father Figure in my car :uhoh:

it's like this. i'm selling tickets on ebay right now. well, someone just bought them, but still.

i listed the section number and everything. someone asked me what seat #s they were to find out what side of the stage they'd be on. now let's say they hadn't. (cuz on ebay there's only a section for section and row, which i did enter) then they want to return the tickets because they wanted to be on the other side of the stage?

if you're not sure, just ask. that's why all these auction/seller-type places like ebay and amazon have the ask a question button, so you can ask them stuff! if they lie to you, then you've got a leg to stand on.

i mean either he was stupid and didn't know what lp stood for, or he just glazed over that part and saw "ooh, land before time soundtrack! score!" and bought it and when he got it, realized then he'd made a mistake. maybe one of these days, he'll pull that shit on ebay and someone will retaliate with negative feedback for him not reading...not even the fine print, but the fucking title!

it's like the people who bid on "NINTENDO WII BOX ONLY" and cry that they get an empty box. you're a dumbass who can't read, you deserve to be tricked like that for thinking you'd get a brand new wii for $20. INCLUDING shipping.

bono_212 said:
He bought it from me on amazon and he says that in my item discription I didn't write no returns.

Have you EVER seen an item on Amazon marketpalce say no returns?

BUt whatev. I'm over it. I just have to track down $37 now to give back to him.

anyways, Khan I started developing a desert island list in my head that's doomed to fail, but I would love to death while listening to Father Figure in my car :uhoh:
yeah, i've bought stuff on amazon before (i just bought a few things last week actually) and i've never seen "no returns" stated. but you can't just return things on a whim. i guess someone could argue you could do so with a store, people return tvs the day after the super bowl all the time. but i like to think it works a little differently online, since it involves shipping, you need to provide a reason, like begging with the seller PLEEEEEASE LET ME RETURN MY ITEM!!! lol.

hopefully you'll be able to find that money soon :(

heh, that sounds like the playlist i'm going to develop for #6 (yeah i'm thinking that far ahead already, since i'm already done with mine for #5). i love father figure so i wouldn't deduct points if you used that song :up:

KhanadaRhodes said:
it's like this. i'm selling tickets on ebay right now. well, someone just bought them, but still.

i listed the section number and everything. someone asked me what seat #s they were to find out what side of the stage they'd be on. now let's say they hadn't. (cuz on ebay there's only a section for section and row, which i did enter) then they want to return the tickets because they wanted to be on the other side of the stage?

if you're not sure, just ask. that's why all these auction/seller-type places like ebay and amazon have the ask a question button, so you can ask them stuff! if they lie to you, then you've got a leg to stand on.

i mean either he was stupid and didn't know what lp stood for, or he just glazed over that part and saw "ooh, land before time soundtrack! score!" and bought it and when he got it, realized then he'd made a mistake. maybe one of these days, he'll pull that shit on ebay and someone will retaliate with negative feedback for him not reading...not even the fine print, but the fucking title!

it's like the people who bid on "NINTENDO WII BOX ONLY" and cry that they get an empty box. you're a dumbass who can't read, you deserve to be tricked like that for thinking you'd get a brand new wii for $20. INCLUDING shipping.

Pretty much exactly. The only reason I'm refunding him or even responding to him is because I called Amazon and asked them what they thought, and the guy I talked to was really nice and he said that they couldn't make me refund him, but they would appreciate it, becaues they like to run Amazon like any other business and a business would have refunded him even if it was his fault or something like that. The point is, the guy's a douche and an idiot, but he will be an LP-less douche idiot.

And dont remind me of those Wii-boxes :lmao: that was so wrong, but I couldn't help but laugh because I knew there had to be hundreds of people who fell for it.

The whole kind of idea behind the playlist, is taht I'm so tired of trying to (unsuccessfully) cater to the wills of the B&C audience, so I'm really just going to make a playlist of stuff I like.

The thing is, I think I'd feel bad entering it because I KNOW it'll lose. What if I take someone's spot and they really had a playlist that stands a chance.

Varitek said:
that dude is dumb. also don't refund his money until you're sure it's in the same condition as when you last saw it.

Yeah there's no way. The thing was sealed. Original wrappings and all that jazz. if theres' so much as a nick in the wrapper he's getting nothing :madspit:

I did complain on amazon once because I bought a textbook that said "no marks" (I hate other peoples' writing in books, most of the time I don't even write in books) and it arrived full of highlighting. She offered me a half refund and to keep the book, which I took.

Varitek said:
I did complain on amazon once because I bought a textbook that said "no marks" (I hate other peoples' writing in books, most of the time I don't even write in books) and it arrived full of highlighting. She offered me a half refund and to keep the book, which I took.

I think I get the last laugh on this. Last I checked the CD version of the soundtrack was over $100

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom