Bulls, New Zealand Superthread

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
God I hate LAPOE, or more to the point, I hate how it leaves me in such a mixed mind that I have extreme trouble rating it. It's got some of U2's best music of the whole decade, but the lyrics make me cringe. Musically, it could be the best song on HTDAAB. Lyrically, Bono has rarely done worse.

God I hate LAPOE, or more to the point, I hate how it leaves me in such a mixed mind that I have extreme trouble rating it. It's got some of U2's best music of the whole decade, but the lyrics make me cringe. Musically, it could be the best song on HTDAAB. Lyrically, Bono has rarely done worse.

YEAH YEAH YEAH YEAH YEAH YEAH YEAH YEHA YEAH YEAH YEAH YEAH !!!! :rockon:

You will sometimes find jick on the @U2 forum. :yes:

Here's a recent pearler.

jick said:
With sales and lack of interest on NLOTH, plus they substandard quality of the songs - it is only fitting that it has been axed.

You think U2 can perform a song with "force quite, move to trash" or "Chinese stocks" in the lyrics with any conviction at all? I say good riddance.

Maybe they should let that Crazy Remix get the boot and bring back another nice song from HTDAAB or ATYCLB.

Cheers,

J

I'd love to hear it as an instrumental opening a show a la Stingray Guitar.

Stingray is :drool:

I actually think it'll make a brilliant opener to their next rock album. But as I see it, it won't make an album, unless there's one released very soon.

HTDAAB remains mired in second-last in my U2 rankings (ATYCLB of course last). I think I'd currently rate the tracks:

Decent U2 Listening
1. Crumbs
2. AMAAW
3. OSC
4. COBL
5. LAPOE
6. Miracle Drug

Mediocre U2 Listening
7. Vertigo
8. All Because Of You

Dreadful U2 Listening
9. Yahweh
10. SYCMIOYO
11. OOTS OOTS OOTS OOTS OOTS

When you think Ax is finished he lets rip again. :lol:

Axver said:
THIS ALBUM IS FUCKING PERFECT.

Miracle Drug and LAPOE are songs for the ages. ESPECIALLY Miracle Drug. BEST SONG ON THE ALBUM.

OH WOW. I AM IN HEAVEN. I have gone incoherent, truly. It is physically impossible for me to talk right now.

I can see it working well, too, if they do a shortened version of it, but continue with giving Larry a drum. Have each of the band members turn up at a different point of the stage, lights go down, whack the drums and away they go.

Given how SOA is meant to be meditative, Glasto would be kind of weird on there ...

HTDAAB remains mired in second-last in my U2 rankings (ATYCLB of course last). I think I'd currently rate the tracks:

Decent U2 Listening
1. Crumbs
2. AMAAW
3. OSC
4. COBL
5. LAPOE
6. Miracle Drug

Mediocre U2 Listening
7. Vertigo
8. All Because Of You

Dreadful U2 Listening
9. Yahweh
10. SYCMIOYO
11. OOTS OOTS OOTS OOTS OOTS

As a completely random aside, I've started writing it YHWH.

Man, it's funny how quickly Miracle Drug dropped off. I actually noted this at the time, probably within a month of the album being released. As you can tell, I loved it instantly, and then it just ... completely disappeared.

It was like Magnificent this time for a lot of people (including me), just even more severely.

For all of Bono's talk about 3 albums of different styles, I bet everything just ends up on the one confused album and there is a goldmine of unreleased classics.

And yeah, should sleep too ...

Downloading a torrent of last nights game, and its stuck at 97% cause the original seeder hasn't finished uploading it yet. So much for an early night!

Back
Top Bottom