Broomrape Lane, Lake Havasu City, Arizona Superthread

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Status
Not open for further replies.
Confession time: I don't like the start of RTSS with the twangy guitar. It has no point and sounds awful!

Bono's like a possessed man in that performance. It's awesome :love:

11 August 1993, London is one of his most insane performances ever.

Outside it's America
Yeah, America! Where the fuck are you?
United Kingdom, where the fuck are you?
Fuck you, France!
Fuck you, Germany!
Zoonited Nations! ZOONITED NATIONS!

if Shellfish isnt' my leaset favorite track, then it's Bullet, but I still like those songs.

I think RTSS benefitted most fom the remaster, because I enver heared those tinkly bells befre it.

God I vucking lvoe this sng.

and Anna I like your :cute: reminiscings. Really the only msusical intrrsts I got from my parents were Pink Floyd's The Wall from my dad, and Black Sabbith from his as welll, and my obession with the 80s from my mum

Confession time: I don't like the start of RTSS with the twangy guitar. It has no point and sounds awful!
They could've just as easily started the song at 23 seconds in.

Also, RTSS is my freaking song. I'm liable to start weeping right here, I haven't listened to it in a while, but it's very close to my heart. ZooTV broken hallelujahs for the fucking win.

When I was youner and SUPER obessesed with U2, I watched Bono on Charlie Rose, and they cut to a video of RTSS showing Bono acting out shooting up Heroin. I 'd laways wanted to see that performance again, and it only awned on my last year that i was watching the performance from ZooTV ausieland, evnen though I've seen taht video a bajillion times.

Nah, I missed it. I don't think I understood concerts until I got my first tickets to a show with The X Factor tour with INXS. And HOLY SHIT WAS THAT THE BEST FIRST CONCERT!!!
:combust:

Oh, good then, because I'd be hideously jealous of you if you'd seen Lovetown. :wink:

My mum had the hugest vinyl collection on the planet and she got us into everything with a passive positive approach. Music was always on and we never really gave it much thought.

Yeah, that was generally the deal with my parents. Mum especially liked playing Dire Straits and Talking Heads, two bands forever connected in my mind even though there isn't exactly a connection between them! And then my father digs Queen.

But I really latched onto The Shadows, my Grandad's favourite band. I fucking LOVED them. Still do. Hank Marvin is my favourite guitarist, and really, The Shadows are why I listen to music at all. I get incredibly nostalgic listening to some songs; they bring back the most vivid mental images of childhood in New Zealand.

Red HIll Mining Town sounds like the only song on this album thats from the 80s, but I know el mel disagrees with me.

She will...
Suffer the needle chill
She's running to stand... still.

Ah, halle, hallelujah
halle, halle, hallelujah

I've always favoured the "still running" ending, personally. It was great when I saw U2 in Boston, at the first show. I was up in the nosebleeds, and randomly, the guy beside me and I both just burst into "Still running! Still running! Still running, yeah!" at the end of RTSS. We just looked at each other and shared this "fuck yeah" sort of grin.

RHMT is the second best song on the album. OTH being the best. Fuck, this song is great.

Apparently I really need to listen to a The Shadows album, any suggestions Ax?

No. They come from the early sixties era when singles, not albums, were where it was at. So compilations are the way to go. Songs you'd want on a compilation include Apache (their signature song), Kon-Tiki, Shadoogie, Wonderful Land, and Quartermaster's Stores. I know I've used some of their tracks in DI; Kon-Tiki is in DI V, so see if you like that. If you dig that song, you'll dig the other ones I've named.

What's up? Still doing indecent things with household objects?

ooh, is someone drunk? Is there listening party? Should I stop listening to Monty Python? :hyper:

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom