Broomrape Lane, Lake Havasu City, Arizona Superthread - Page 9 - U2 Feedback

Go Back   U2 Feedback > Lypton Village > Lemonade Stand > Lemonade Stand Archive
Click Here to Login

Old 08-02-2008, 12:19 PM   #121
Blue Crack Supplier

Local Time: 06:28 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Axver View Post
Hmm. I may want to sample it for winetasting purposes, but I think my opinion is formed already. I can't see myself buying this again, except for purposes of drinking heavily during rugby.

So I guess I'll pour another glass, I suppose. Do I seem drunk?
Just drink the bloody stuff.

Your typing still looks sober, but all the self-analysis is very drunkAxver. Slightly higher ramble factor, too...

Old 08-02-2008, 12:20 PM   #122
Vocal parasite

Quote:
Originally Posted by Alisaura View Post
In this bootleg (26/2/80), Bono's crapping on (the fake pommy accent wore off about halfway through), and he's like "I want some questions too... like what's this about pop stars?" ... and then he said someone's lost a camera, if everyone can look for it... "there's a photographer weeping in the corner"... And so on and so forth...

That whole bootleg brought the lolz.
Oh yes, I remember that bit with the photographer! It's so random. Pre-Boy Bono brought the lulz. Hell, he brough the lulz until about War. Then he got serious. But he managed to keep it together until the end of the eighties; serious but cool. Then he just turned intoi a prat, over-seriously trying to be cool and failing, then just being a rambly git. Damn you, Bono. Shut up. Retire from public life like that thread on EYKIW mentions. Well, keep making music. I enjoy that. But shut up and stop prattling on about crap you don't fully understand. You aren't cool and nobody cares.

Ian McCulloch the U2 fan:
"Who buys U2 records anyway? It's just music for plumbers and bricklayers. Bono, what a slob. You'd think with all that climbing about he does, he'd look real fit and that. But he's real fat, y'know. Reminds me of a soddin' mountain goat."
"And as for Bono, he needs a colostomy bag for his mouth."

U2gigs: The most comprehensive U2 setlist database!
Gig pictures | Blog
Old 08-02-2008, 12:21 PM   #123
Blue Crack Supplier

Quote:
And I'd love to do a tour of Victorian wineries.
I was going to say "you'll have to find someone else to drive you around for that!", but I'd probably be an ideal chauffeur (sp?), since I wouldn't want to drink the wine anyway, and would therefore have no trouble staying under 0.05.

Not that I'm volunteering, mind!
Wineries =
Old 08-02-2008, 12:22 PM   #124
Blue Crack Supplier

Quote:
Oh yes, I remember that bit with the photographer! It's so random. Pre-Boy Bono brought the lulz. Hell, he brough the lulz until about War. Then he got serious. But he managed to keep it together until the end of the eighties; serious but cool. Then he just turned intoi a prat, over-seriously trying to be cool and failing, then just being a rambly git. Damn you, Bono. Shut up. Retire from public life like that thread on EYKIW mentions. Well, keep making music. I enjoy that. But shut up and stop prattling on about crap you don't fully understand. You aren't cool and nobody cares.
Aw, Ax is sobering up.
Old 08-02-2008, 12:23 PM   #125
Vocal parasite

OK, poured the ninth glass. The back of the bottle claims this wine brings blueberry and plum flavours, but I'm just not seeing it. Its texture isn't bad, and it's not that dry, but it lacks fruitiness, really. I wish it were more dry and oaky. That would suit it more.

"Who buys U2 records anyway? It's just music for plumbers and bricklayers. Bono, what a slob. You'd think with all that climbing about he does, he'd look real fit and that. But he's real fat, y'know. Reminds me of a soddin' mountain goat."

Gig pictures | Blog
Old 08-02-2008, 12:24 PM   #126
Vocal parasite

Quote:
Aw, Ax is sobering up.
I MADE TWO TYPOS IN THAT POST YOU QUOTED, THOUGH!

Gig pictures | Blog
Old 08-02-2008, 12:25 PM   #127
Blue Crack Supplier

Quote:
OK, poured the ninth glass. The back of the bottle claims this wine brings blueberry and plum flavours, but I'm just not seeing it. Its texture isn't bad, and it's not that dry, but it lacks fruitiness, really. I wish it were more dry and oaky. That would suit it more.
If you were "seeing" blueberry and plum flavours, you would definitely be very drunk! And/or tripping on something.

Old 08-02-2008, 12:26 PM   #128
ONE
love, blood, life

Local Time: 03:28 PM
Quote:
Pinot noir is a classy kind of wine. It sounds like you live in hicksville though, so I am not shocked you don't have it. Then again, shiraz - which is also sold as syrah over your way - is good wine too. We have lots of it here simply because Victoria produces so much of it. It could be the state wine, really! All this fucking shiraz! But I like my pinot noir. It was my first wine love, back when I was seven. Ata Rangi pinot noir. Fucking great stuff. My father wasn't always the best, but he made sure that I grew up with good taste. Onya, Dad.

(Only a drunk Axver would say that!)
I've only ever seen it as "shiraz" when I've been over there. I might go looking at them again when I go to buy my schnapps. Wine is pretty overpriced over there, as I've began to notice so I suppose it's good that I go for the hard liquor for now!

I am pretty sure that the local grocery would have more of a selection than the carry out does and probably more reasonably priced, too.
Old 08-02-2008, 12:27 PM   #129
Blue Crack Supplier

Quote:
I MADE TWO TYPOS IN THAT POST YOU QUOTED, THOUGH!
You spotted them before I did... although I might have noticed one at the time but just not realised what a big deal it apparently is.

I am therefore more tired than you are drunk, so I'm going to bed.

Old 08-02-2008, 12:27 PM   #130
ONE
love, blood, life

Quote:
Intoi! That's about as good as Ohioi!
Old 08-02-2008, 12:28 PM   #131
Vocal parasite

Quote:
I was going to say "you'll have to find someone else to drive you around for that!", but I'd probably be an ideal chauffeur (sp?), since I wouldn't want to drink the wine anyway, and would therefore have no trouble staying under 0.05.

Not that I'm volunteering, mind!
Wineries =
Awww, go on! Maybe some good scenery? Don't make me wait until my father comes over again! As much as he has contributed to my life, it is not always the best idea for him and I to be in the same place for too long. We are perhaps too much alike, rather than too different.

Also, I am not yet drunk enough to forget spelling. 'Chauffeur' is correct.

Gig pictures | Blog
Old 08-02-2008, 12:28 PM   #132
ONE
love, blood, life

Quote:
You spotted them before I did, though... although I might have noticed one at the time but just not realised what a big deal it apparently is.

Night Ali!
Old 08-02-2008, 12:29 PM   #133
Vocal parasite

Quote:
You spotted them before I did... although I might have noticed one at the time but just not realised what a big deal it apparently is.

That's worrisome!

Have a good one, Ali!

Gig pictures | Blog
Old 08-02-2008, 12:31 PM   #134
Vocal parasite

Quote:
If you were "seeing" blueberry and plum flavours, you would definitely be very drunk! And/or tripping on something.

You're such a pedant, it's great!

Actually, I do sort of taste it as it lasts in the mouth, but it really is not that notable, which is disappointing. For a wine not terribly oaky, I wish it were more prominent. Come on, Windy Peak, bring the fruits!

Gig pictures | Blog
Old 08-02-2008, 12:31 PM   #135
Blue Crack Supplier

Quote:
Also, I am not yet drunk enough to forget spelling. 'Chauffeur' is correct.
Huzzah!

Bloody French words...

Quote:
Originally Posted by Serena Vox View Post
Night Ali!
Quote:
That's worrisome!

Have a good one, Ali!
Enjoy your respective days/mornings/whatevers.

Tags
superthread