breaking bad

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
I watched the Emmys tonight. Three hours of TV big shots patting each other on the back. It's funny, at the same time on another channel, Breaking Bad was quietly taking a piss on every show that won an award at the ceremony.

"Downton Abbey" will be out on Blu-ray next month, you can pre-order now.

Oh, yeah. He got gatted. Right in what looked like the stomach. He's in trouble. But I'm guessing that he will live.

Damn. Totally missed it.

I'm going to download it when I get home and watch it again.

I missed the opening segment searching for a feed.

Was not happy with the whole walt/walt Jr storyline.

OH yeah watch it again. The whole shootout with Jesse at the end is because Mike is incapacitated at the moment after getting shot. Awesome editing of that short bit of Jesse in the gunfight by the way. :up:
Looks like Gus is in trouble too. Jesse's going to have to be the savior and get both of them back.

The look on Gus's face when Jesse was taking the Mexican lab team to task over the lab condition was just perfect.

129_795_500x500.jpg

It's too bad they had to end one of the most unbelievably amazing episodes of the show..

...with one of the most unbelievable endings.

Wow. I'll take the bait.

What didn't you like about the ending? What do you mean by that exactly?

As for the believability factor, it's not like this show has been the last bastion of "believable" or realistic dramatic television. Yeah, it's gritty and is for the most part grounded in a very real contemporary world, but from the beginning this show has featured zany and unbelievable sequences or endings.

It's a TV show.

I think the finale asks the viewer to suspend disbelief far more drastically than any other scene in the entire series. While things in the series have been pretty crazy at times, this is different imo. There's just no way they're making it off his driveway, much less out of Mexico, alive.

Having said that, if they stay as true to playing out the gritty details to the end as they have in previous episodes, we're in for a hell of a ride while they do try to get back to the USA. My hope is that it will be long and involved. They're going to have to hole up somewhere a bit, if they just cruise on back across the border it'll be a bit of a letdown.

By the way, it's not bait. I've come in and posted my opinion of the show pretty much every episode. I absolutely love the show, I've recommended it to so many people I've lost count, and think it's the best thing on TV right now. I just think this ending is a bit too much of a stretch.

I think the finale asks the viewer to suspend disbelief far more drastically than any other scene in the entire series.

Fair enough.

But it was fucking awesome.

If you think it's jumped the shark then, by all means, stop watching. It'll be your loss.

I judge it by how I felt while watching. I was totally enjoying it in the moment, thinking holy shit this is insane and awesome! It's fun to be on the edge of your seat thinking how the hell are they going to get out of this one! I guess sure, you can pick it apart later, which is fun to do to some shows sometimes too. But if I was completely enjoying it while I watched, that's what counts. :up:

If you think it's jumped the shark then, by all means, stop watching. It'll be your loss.

Well I was using hyperbole I don't literally think the show is completely doomed (yet?) or that it's going to start a swift decline. That part was funny.

This final part of the last scene, however, I think is a bit of a low point in terms of the writing. Maybe they'll steer it right, we'll see! After all, we don't actually see them get very far...yet. It's pretty clear from my love of the show that I'm not about to stop watching any time soon :wink:

How is this any different than a plane crash, or Walt blowing up a building, or the cousins attacking Hank in the parking lot, or Mike effortlessly killing a whole group of people in a building, or Mike effortlessly killing people from inside a truck? This show has had murder and violence before, I'm not sure how this is any different, other than the fact it's a bit bolder (though no less calculated).

I judge it by how I felt while watching. I was totally enjoying it in the moment, thinking holy shit this is insane and awesome! It's fun to be on the edge of your seat thinking how the hell are they going to get out of this one!

I think that was my problem with it..I was absolutely on the edge of my seat, waiting to see the guys with the assault rifles that we saw earlier, for instance. When all I saw was one guy run out with a handgun..well it was a bit less that what I've come to expect from this series/story. I think we're safely still in the "how the hell are they going to get out of this one" territory, though..how they resolve the glaring problem of a. figuring out where the hell they even are and b. getting out of a region run by the cartel, well that's going to take some really creative writing...can't wait, personally!

Yes, I do admit I certainly hope we don't just see them magically show up at home next week. But I enjoyed last night, so far so good. Can't wait for next week as well.

This show has had murder and violence before, I'm not sure how this is any different, other than the fact it's a bit bolder (though no less calculated).

I didn't find those scenarios beyond my reasonable level of belief. I could see them happening. I can't see this type of coup being successful. Someone's gotta die here.

I liked the scene where they tested the blue out. On the live chat during the feed, someone said that machine was a gas chronometer. Not sure if that's true or not.

Well I was using hyperbole I don't literally think the show is completely doomed (yet?) or that it's going to start a swift decline. That part was funny.

This final part of the last scene, however, I think is a bit of a low point in terms of the writing. Maybe they'll steer it right, we'll see! After all, we don't actually see them get very far...yet. It's pretty clear from my love of the show that I'm not about to stop watching any time soon :wink:

as someone that has complained before, I don't see where you are coming from here, either one buys the premisses they provide or they can nit pick the whole process from day one.

there was the scene awhile back where Jesse was standing alone in his home and playing that first person shooter game for what seemed like hours,
right then I said, yeah we will see him transform those skills to real world before this is all over.
and then this whole season, they have been upping his 'mean streets' cred with all the time he has been spending with Mike, and they had that falling out with Walt to toughing him up, so whatever, I can buy Jessie having a bit of a learning curve.

My disbelief has little to do with whether Jesse can squeeze off a few lucky shots. If anything, he makes it ever so slightly believable, because of the building they've been doing of his tough guy persona in the last few episodes.

i just want to say, if some relative ive never heard of in a far off land dies and leaves me with just enough money to pay my debt, or go to jail, im buying a $100k mercedes too. :up:

i just want to say, if some relative ive never heard of in a far off land dies and leaves me with just enough money to pay my debt, or go to jail, im buying a $100k mercedes too. :up:

that seemed realistic, they guy is stupid and makes bad financial decisions
why would that change, just because he got a windfall?

As soon as I saw the bottle of alcohol, I was like, "That's got poison in it." When he kept Jesse from drinking, I was like, "That's got poison in it and he's gonna drink it and throw it up before it sinks in." It certainly didn't bring disbelief to me, is what I'm saying. I had a pretty good idea that it was all gonna go down like that. Was still awesome to watch, though.

As soon as I saw the bottle of alcohol, I was like, "That's got poison in it." When he kept Jesse from drinking, I was like, "That's got poison in it and he's gonna drink it and throw it up before it sinks in." It certainly didn't bring disbelief to me, is what I'm saying. I had a pretty good idea that it was all gonna go down like that. Was still awesome to watch, though.

You did not.

Well now I'm just really lost as to how it's so unbelievable.

That's not the part unbelievable to me, although I will say that it's a bit beyond the character we know Gus to be (methodical, very shrewd and calculating) to believe he could take that big a risk. But you can buy into him starting to think it's his only way out, as he's becoming more and more desperate. In other words, his decision to try and pull of the stunt is believable under the circumstances. It's just not believable that he actually pulls it off successfully.

The problem with having it go the way that is believable, though, is that one or more of three very important characters has to exit stage left. From the very thought that the writing *seems to suggest, it looks like they are not ready to let that happen. I'm thinking Mike, MAYBE. And like I said, the haven't even really made it off the driveway yet, it's just sortof being hinted that they will. They have a hell of alot of ground to cover, so we'll see how it all plays out I guess!

Although I do think getting to see some of how they escape from wherever they are would be great, as it could even be funny in some ways that Jesse will need to be the responsible one, I'm not going to freak out or write the show off or anything if we don't get to see every detail of it. We don't have that many episodes left and there's more ground to cover than this. Maybe they just got really lucky, or maybe Gus has a little more help with their getaway planned than we have seen. Either way I'm thinking it's doable for these characters and this show.

Back
Top Bottom