Boring Lava Field, Oregon

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Status
Not open for further replies.
phillyfan26 said:
Well, she has a boyfriend. My buddy is her boyfriend. She's hung out with us two nights in a row and is sending incredibly mixed signals to everyone. I've no idea what the hell is going on.

Apparently she's now aware that I'm into her, though.

You need to go to her and tell her how you feel. Give her the choice in what she wants to do. That's my advice at least.

phillyfan26 said:
If she wasn't going out with him, I'd totally think she was into me. That's where we're at right now.

Yep.

I've heard about these situations before and all I can say is this: There will be blood.

phillyfan26 said:
Well, she has a boyfriend. My buddy is her boyfriend. She's hung out with us two nights in a row and is sending incredibly mixed signals to everyone. I've no idea what the hell is going on.

oooh, that is a tough one. i hate when anyone sends mixed signals :grumpy

i wish i could offer some advice.

Screwtape2 said:

You need to go to her and tell her how you feel. Give her the choice in what she wants to do. That's my advice at least.

Only if he doesn't care about his friend who she is currently dating.

Screwtape2 said:

What kind?

Well, it's a month old, but here is a picture of the same model:

fender_tele_thinline.jpg

Screwtape2 said:

That does kind of ignore my buddy though. It's not like they're just interested in each other. They're dating. They're going to prom together and all that, too.

Even if it wasn't my buddy, I still wouldn't feel comfortable given she's in a relationship.

Screwtape2 said:

But in the end it should be her choice to who shes wants to be with. Pfan would just try to be fair to her.

How about being friends with his friend first? Sometimes being friends means making a hard decision about a girl.

Screwtape2 said:
But in the end it should be her choice to who shes wants to be with. Pfan would just try to be fair to her.

But it would also be unfair to him. :shrug:

To be a bit crass, bros before hos.

phillyfan26 said:

That does kind of ignore my buddy though. It's not like they're just interested in each other. They're dating. They're going to prom together and all that, too.

Even if it wasn't my buddy, I still wouldn't feel comfortable given she's in a relationship.

Put yourself in her position. If she isn't interested in you nothing happens but if she is then at least she makes the choice. Your friend is the unfortunate victim whether you tell her or not. Friends shouldn't have other friends in pain.

phillyfan26 said:

I agree with that 100%. I made the indecision of doing something similar in the past. The relationship ended (because it was, after all, a high school relationship) and so did the friendship. All three of us ended with nothing.

unico said:

:yes: precisely. sucks about the girl, and her sending mixed signals is not cool. she should't be toying with you two like that.

She was probably just horny and wanted a 3-way.

Screwtape2 said:

Put yourself in her position. If she isn't interested in you nothing happens but if she is then at least she makes the choice. Your friend is the unfortunate victim whether you tell her or not. Friends shouldn't have other friends in pain.

What??? Are you serious? A friend going after a friend's significant other is all sorts of fucked up. Do you not value your friendships at all?

phillyfan26 said:

What about you in all this? It isn't right that you bite the bullet and don't act. She deserves to make the choice and you deserve to get if off your chest. That's my opinion at least. Don't let yourself go on never knowing. Trust me that is no way to live.

Screwtape2 said:

Your last two sentences say that he is the victim, but I shouldn't have him in pain.

It's contradictory. I could just as easily say, put yourself in his position: he just started a relationship with a girl he clearly likes. His friend tells his new girlfriend that he's into her? How fucking horrible is that for him?

phillyfan26 said:

i agree. i would be livid if i was dating someone and my friend decided she liked him and started moving in on him.

unfortunately, in my opinion, the only thing you can do is wait it out and see if you still like her when they break up.

unico said:

What??? Are you serious? A friend going after a friend's significant other is all sorts of fucked up. Do you not value your friendships at all?

I guess it is the ideal of the romantic, and Screwtape is a romantic. :shrug: I don't agree with it, though.

phillyfan26 said:

My advice:

Stay the fuck away until he's completely out of the picture. And yes, in all likelihood, they will split eventually. But you need to have patience and let things play out naturally, or you'll look really desperate/rude. And that's simply not attractive.

Besides, as you said so eloquently, bros before hos. You'll be interested in many women during your lifetime, but people that you genuinely connect with are pretty rare.

Last edited:
Screwtape2 said:

What about you in all this? It isn't right that you bite the bullet and don't act. She deserves to make the choice and you deserve to get if off your chest. That's my opinion at least. Don't let yourself go on never knowing. Trust me that is no way to live.

They're in high school. How many high school relationships last? PFan, don't do it. Because seriously, a high school relationship isn't worth losing a friend over. Especially one if the girl had no qualms about leaving her former for you--it makes her less committed, in my mind, to the already non-commital high school dating scene.

LemonMelon said:
My advice:

Stay the fuck away until he's completely out of the picture. And yes, in all likelihood, they will split eventually. But you need to have patience and let things play out naturally, or you'll look really desperate/rude. And that's simply not attractive.

Besides, as you said so eloquently, bros before hos. You'll be interested in many women during your lifetime, but people that you genuinely connect with are pretty are.

'Tis exactly what I was going to do, as a matter of fact. This is just complicating it a little bit.

phillyfan26 said:

Your last two sentences say that he is the victim, but I shouldn't have him in pain.

It's contradictory. I could just as easily say, put yourself in his position: he just started a relationship with a girl he clearly likes. His friend tells his new girlfriend that he's into her? How fucking horrible is that for him?

You are all three victims. Telling her is fair to you, her and your friend. That's all I'm saying.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom