Bono at Yankee game tonight?

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
American English spelling i think developed as so because it had an earlier separation from the main English language than Australia and New Zealand.

it was isolated a bit more so it became as it is....

Is it just me or does this thread seem confused...its sports,monarchy, poltics and other random things meshed into one....

wait its like a real conversation:hyper:

I believe the difference in American English actually comes from Noah Webster's dictionary, which differs from the other dictionaries created outside the US.

hmmm

language evolves anyway...the dominant language 500 years from now could be god knows what...

I would hate the idea that we end up with one World language or culture...

I love the variety in the world:)

stupid internet connection :banghead:

anyway, as far as evolution of languages...there are certain people in the US that feel threatened by the possibility of Spanish becoming the preferred language of the majority of the country by I think 2050. Already you can see the two mixing in places. I do personally feel that when you come to a country you should learn the language, but some people are a bit xenophobic about it.

I agree with you LJT, I love learning about languages, cultures, etc. :D

Our differences need to be preserved as much as they need to be understood i think...

Even if one day we can colonise the likes of Mars...People on Mars would become their own and likely develop culturally quite differently to anyone on Earth....

Its kinda why i hate the idea of complete integration into a countries own culture...foreign people should be taught to understand and respect the native culture, but never to abandon their own.

I agree...I love that in my classes I'm with kids from Sweden, Iran, China, Bangladesh, Korea, India, Scotland, England, and Poland, as well as others I'm sure.

Wow, I don't know what killed this thread faster, the fact that it got moved to Put em Under Pressure, or the fact that we stopped making insults towards each others' nationalities and started discussing cultural diversity. :lol:

People like to hate more than love:p

Saying that it has been a quite diverse thread...it doesn't even fit in put em under pressure either:lol:

if you want cheering up if you check my journal you can hear me sing The First Time:wink:

Nope:p

I need to sleep now anyway...so sweet dreams darlin:wave:

LJT said:
Our differences need to be preserved as much as they need to be understood i think...

Even if one day we can colonise the likes of Mars...People on Mars would become their own and likely develop culturally quite differently to anyone on Earth....

From hot dogs, johns, and a supposed Bono-sighting behind a base to colonizing Mars...that's a lot of ground to cover! I'm very impressed with our wealth of knowledge....or, at least, interest!:wink:

I have a strong feeling Metallica or Bono Jovi Forums can't compete with us.

I missed all the spelling arguments. :grumpy:

See, one should never do physics assignments when one could be browsing the Internets instead!!!!!!££! This thread really is quite something. Just so that I don't feel left out:

1.) The thought of Bono at a baseball game makes me bilious.
2.) Baseball is stupid.
3.) American football is stupid.
4.) Australian sporting teams are stupid (and ugly.)
5.) I couldn't care less about the bloody Royal Family.
6.) colour, favour, flavour, theorise, realise, polarise (chance, dance, dismiss, apologise)
7.) Bono Jovi? What the hell, AOD? :wink:

GibsonGirl said:
I missed all the spelling arguments. :grumpy:

See, one should never do physics assignments when one could be browsing the Internets instead!!!!!!££! This thread really is quite something. Just so that I don't feel left out:

1.) The thought of Bono at a baseball game makes me bilious.
2.) Baseball is stupid.
3.) American football is stupid.
4.) Australian sporting teams are stupid (and ugly.)
5.) I couldn't care less about the bloody Royal Family.
6.) colour, favour, flavour, theorise, realise, polarise (chance, dance, dismiss, apologise)
7.) Bono Jovi? What the hell, AOD? :wink:

Yes, yes, and more yes! (epecially number 4...'aint that the truth..pfft...take that, Aussies...and to think, some of them like u2!..:wink:)

I like the poetry there in 6....giving Bono a run for his money there!

Bon Jovi...I used to love them greatly but now I don't, so don't beat me!

From this post forward, I wish to be known as AOD! That's perfect! (wayyy too many guys are calling me Angel:ohmy: ) AOD gives me a certain street cred I've been lacking...I'm liking it already...

:wink:

GibsonGirl said:
I would lose all respect for Bono if I found out that he liked baseball. :wink:

suck it

i'm sick of listening to non americans bitch and moan about how american sports suck and how it's not like their "footie" and all that crap.

take your soccer... take your "footie" and shove it.

i don't complain about your sports because i don't watch them enough to know anything about it... same thing goes for you, so let's lay off, shall we?

Last edited:
Headache :up:

I don't even like American sports that much and while I do enjoy a bit of banter now and then going on and on about how American sports suck is as utterly stupid as going on and on about how non-American sports suck.

yertle-the-turtle said:
Headache :up:

I don't even like American sports that much and while I do enjoy a bit of banter now and then going on and on about how American sports suck is as utterly stupid as going on and on about how non-American sports suck.

thank you.

and sorry for telling people to suck it... twas quite drunk from being at the new york giants-new orleans saints game earlier in the night, in one of those shitty football games. :wink:

:up: tis ok...i actually prefer most American sports to some of the ones my New Zealander friends mentioned...namely cricket, golf and yachting:madspit:

LJT said:
:up: tis ok...i actually prefer most American sports to some of the ones my New Zealander friends mentioned...namely cricket, golf and yachting:madspit:

You will never walk alone!!!

ferbey_randy050402_415.jpg

Headache in a Suitcase said:

suck it

i'm sick of listening to non americans bitch and moan about how american sports suck and how it's not like their "footie" and all that crap.

take your soccer... take your "footie" and shove it.

i don't complain about your sports because i don't watch them enough to know anything about it... same thing goes for you, so let's lay off, shall we?

I`m quite sure Bono was cheering for the Blue Jays anyway!!

Oh my, the Edge is a hockey fan.....:drool:

curling:bow:

actually, i don't know the first thing about curling. But like many other activities, it appears to be quite fun when:drunk:

PS.....off topic, why do all of my posts today revolve around alcohol?:shrug: :coocoo:

sorry, back on topic

I love curling (I used to think it sucked too, but then I found out that it gets quite intense at times!) and ice hockey. I just don't see the appeal of American football or baseball. :shrug: Don't take it personally. And yes, I have watched a few games. We get American cable here, and unfortunately for us, they often replace regular programming with that drivel. But most TV is drivel anway so it's not like we're missing anything.

Oh, and in South Africa, we don't call it "footie." I actually think "footie," as a word, is sillier than...sissors, or something like that. Those Brits come up with some pretty stupid things themselves.

So...if you lose all respect for Bono for going to a baseball game...does that mean you won't post at Interference anymore? :hyper:

Back
Top Bottom