Bonds pondering retirement.... - U2 Feedback

Go Back   U2 Feedback > Lypton Village > Lemonade Stand > Lemonade Stand Archive
Click Here to Login

Old 03-22-2005, 11:03 AM   #1
Blue Crack Addict

Local Time: 02:56 AM
Bonds pondering retirement....

In an interview today Bonds hinted he may retire. He said due to his knee injuries that he won't play until mid season, or even until next year. He says he's tired though and just may retire....

I guess its not as easy to recover from injuries without the juice.....

Old 03-22-2005, 11:06 AM   #2
Blue Crack Addict

Quote:
A dejected Barry Bonds said Tuesday that there's a chance he might not return this season because of multiple knee surgeries.

"Right now I'm just going to try to rehab myself back to, I don't know, hopefully next season, hopefully middle of the season. I don't know," Bonds said. "Right now I'm just gonna take things slow. I feel bad for the guys because I want to be out there for them."

When asked directly if he said he might not be back until mid-season or next season, Bonds answered, "Maybe. I told you that before I left, remember? You thought I was joking."

Bonds arrived on crutches at spring camp Tuesday, bringing his son, Nikolai, to meet with members of the media.

While Bonds was defiant and confrontational during his first press conference of the spring Feb. 22, he was despondent Tuesday, using the word "tired" 14 times during his approximate 10-minutes session.

"I really don't have much to say anymore," Bonds said. "My son and I just going to enjoy life. My family's tired. You guys [the media] wanted to hurt me bad enough, you finally got there.

"You wanted me to jump off the bridge, I finally have jumped. You wanted the bring me down, you've finally brought me and my family down. Finally done it. From everybody, all of you. So now go pick a different person. I'm done. Do the best I can, that's about it."

Asked if there was something specific he was talking about Bonds said, "Inner hurt, physical, mentally. Done. I'm mentally drained. I'm tired of my kids crying. Tired"

Bonds originally underwent knee surgery on Jan. 31. Four days later he accidentally hit his knee on a table at SBC Park in San Francisco and the knee had periods of swelling. An MRI last week revealed further tears in the knee.

Conte said there was no way of knowing whether the incident on Feb. 4 caused further damage.

"And we don't care," Conte said. "We're starting with a clean slate. We'll try to get it right."

Bonds begins the season third on the career homers list with 703, trailing Babe Ruth (714) and Hank Aaron (755).

Old 03-22-2005, 11:31 AM   #3
Blue Crack Distributor

the most common sign of steroid abuse is an injury that simply will not heal properly.

it's what forced mcgwire to retire, and now it appears to be happening to bonds.
Old 03-22-2005, 11:50 AM   #4
Blue Crack Addict

its amazing how the media was able to hurt his knee to bring him down
Old 03-22-2005, 12:15 PM   #5
Blue Crack Addict

Well he did hit it on a media table
Old 03-22-2005, 01:52 PM   #6
ONE
love, blood, life

What the frig is he so angry at the media for? He should spend some time in an Anger Management class while he's "Rehabbing" his ravaged knee.
Old 03-22-2005, 09:14 PM   #7
Rock n' Roll Doggie
ALL ACCESS

Local Time: 03:56 AM
poor poor baby...

I just saw this interview on ESPN. "I'm tired, I'm just tired. You guys finally got me. You wanted to hurt me and you finally did." I guess finally having to give the media attention rather than sitting in his friggin chair got to him. Sniff sniff.

And I'm sorry, but does anyone honestly think he didn't do steroids?
Old 03-23-2005, 12:13 AM   #8
Rock n' Roll Doggie
VIP PASS

why would u let your son tag along with you to a media interview when they bang you with questions about you taking steroids, articles about your ex-mistress claiming you took steroids, tax evasion charges, etc etc?? He mentioned his son like 15 times in the interview....."you hurt my family"....one savy fellow.

I was watching ESPN and someone there said that he might have even had his son wear Barry Sander's jersey....u know, "Im going to retire early and walk away right before the big record." I think thats a stretch, but it is Barry...

He's not going anywhere. He's definetly breaking Ruth's record, Aarons,
Old 03-23-2005, 12:16 AM   #9
Refugee

Local Time: 07:56 AM
sounds like steroids withdrawl...
Old 03-23-2005, 09:17 AM   #10
Refugee

I would have been sad to see him go five years ago.

Now, I say good riddance to cheating rubbish.
Old 03-23-2005, 09:24 AM   #11
Blue Crack Distributor

i think i'm the only person left on earth who still likes barry bonds.

perhaps while we erase his records from the books we can erase his godfather willie mays' records too, seeing as willie took amphedamines.

baseball has always had a cluture of cheating. the only reason why those in the 1920s - 1960s didn't take steroids is because they weren't available. if there were steroids in ruth's era, people would have taken steroids.

who cares... let's move on.
Old 03-23-2005, 09:30 AM   #12
Blue Crack Addict

bob gibson said if they were available at his time he probably would have done them because he would have wanted to do whatever it took to win...

but its not even about the steroids, that whole interview he gave was incoherent nonsense. i felt like i was watching mike tyson being interviewed or something. and i agree, he asked the camera people to get his son in the frame to show everybody how his family was hurting.

its not the media that's bringing you down barry, its yourself and some of the choices you made.
Old 03-23-2005, 09:36 AM   #13
Blue Crack Distributor

even asshole's are allowed to be depresed
Old 03-23-2005, 09:40 AM   #14
Blue Crack Addict

yeah well maybe if he didnt refuse to take any accountability for himself and admit he has made some mistakes instead of blaming all of his problems on the media, then maybe people would be a little more sympathetic towards him.

in that interview he even made it sound like it was the medias fault his knee was hurting, give me a break...
Old 03-23-2005, 10:48 AM   #15
Rock n' Roll Doggie
ALL ACCESS

Local Time: 03:56 AM
I'll move on from the steroids. The truth still remains I didn't like Bonds 5 years ago either. I never have liked him. If he still could steal 20 bases and only hit 20 home runs, I'd still not like him. He's always been a great baseball player, I'll admit that. But he's just another Millionaire sport figure that is too good for everyone else.