Bon Bon Reserve Superthread

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Status
Not open for further replies.
lol!

I know people who live in Macon, GA. One of the local sporting teams is called (the) Macon Whoopee.

Ashley, I will be on your doorstep in 24 hours, begging for bacon.

Also, my first thought upon seeing the words "We bought a smoker" was, "Why on earth would you want to buy someone who stands around smoking cigarettes?"

Still very tired.

And why did I decide to back up my music folder at 11:30pm on the day before I move when it's going to take 2.5+ hours?? :der:
*looks again* Sorry, 3+ hours... :crack:

I wonder if I can go to sleep with the computer whirring right next to my head.

ETA: Now it says 54 minutes. Make up your mind!

I got a reply from my radio creeper email. Richie (the show's producer) says I can work it out with him. Cool, now I just need to pick a morning, request some time off, figure out what to get the four of them, and do it. I'm going to get to meet Kerry and Gina! I've already sort of halfway met Bill. I went to one of his remotes couple of years ago and he didn't say two words to me. The intern he brought with him was really nice and friendly. Always thought that was weird, because he seems like a relatively nice guy when he's not yelling at Gina.

I always wonder how much of radio people's personalities is their actual personalities, and how much they bung on for the show. I suspect Triple J's announcers are fairly genuine, in that Lindsay McDougall sounds like a self-centred fuckstick, and probably is.

Oh, my God. I just made a EYKIW-like post in the Green Day thread. What the hell?

Guys.

The meat for the bacon...

...has been acquired.

It is curing as we speak. This is a week-long process :(

Why oh why had I not listened to Refused earlier? The Shape of Punk to Come has been lying around for ages too.

Oh well, at least it took a tour announcement to make me listen rather than, y'know, missing the show.

You cure pork belly in a mixture of salt, curing salt, maple and sugar for one week and then smoke it.

Sounds like a lot of effort.

Just like this post was. Took me four tries to make it because I couldn't get proper reception in the middle of the fucking city.

Sounds like a lot of effort.

Just like this post was. Took me four tries to make it because I couldn't get proper reception in the middle of the fucking city.

You want to know where has (well, had) the worst reception on earth?

Band room of the East Brunswick Club. I couldn't fathom why. I've had better reception in the middle of fucking nowhere, New Zealand. It's the only thing I don't miss about the place.

It took about two seconds to get the curing mix on it.
The only thing I have to do between now and next week is turn it over once a day.

After that, the hard part is getting the smoker going.

Axver said:
You want to know where has (well, had) the worst reception on earth?

Band room of the East Brunswick Club. I couldn't fathom why. I've had better reception in the middle of fucking nowhere, New Zealand. It's the only thing I don't miss about the place.

The hi-fi is a nightmare. I didn't get a skerrick of reception down there.

The hi-fi is a nightmare. I didn't get a skerrick of reception down there.

Ooh yeah, it's pretty shit too, but at least that makes sense - it's underground. The East's bandroom was just a single-storey shopfront on Lygon Street.

I'll be back at the Hi Fi in October after not going there for over a year. Haven't missed it a bit. Well, except for that sweet PA.

Oh gee, I thought you were calling me by my screenname for the first time in four years.

You're so vain, you probably think this post is about you.

:lol:

Here I was, expecting you to have an opinion on Refused too! They actually included Adelaide in their tour schedule.

I got a reply from my radio creeper email. Richie (the show's producer) says I can work it out with him. Cool, now I just need to pick a morning, request some time off, figure out what to get the four of them, and do it. I'm going to get to meet Kerry and Gina! I've already sort of halfway met Bill. I went to one of his remotes couple of years ago and he didn't say two words to me. The intern he brought with him was really nice and friendly. Always thought that was weird, because he seems like a relatively nice guy when he's not yelling at Gina.

Feel free to ignore, I'm just talking out loud...

In our continuing story, Richie says that they all love sugar cookies, so I'm going to get like 3 dozen of them from my local bakery. I've emailed them to ask if they can do the Avengers designs, but if not, they have so many amazing flavors of icing that they put on their sugar cookies that I'll just do a variety of those. Mocha, peanut butter, raspberry, lemon, vanilla, chocolate, that should cover everyone's bases. Maybe four dozen because they usually have a guest on most mornings. Mondays, it's Bill Frost, Thursdays Jeff Vice, Wednesday's the "Ask A...", Friday is the Painful Circle with either a psychic, a divorce lawyer, or Sister Dottie. I think I'll shoot for a Thursday, cause Jeff Vice is awesome.

Should I bring something to drink?

You guys, I can't begin to tell you how amazing it is to have a half-decent place to drink in Werribee. It's called the Park Hotel, they don't let bogans in unless they dress well, they've got a whole range of beers I've never heard of, they let you have free shots of all the beers to pick the one you like the most, they have Wild Turkey American Honey, good food, the footy on TV, tunes such as There is a Light, Subterranean Homesick Blues, One Crowded Hour, All Along the Watchtower, Romeo and Juliet. They just need to get the vibe right, at the moment it's all over the place. Beer garden opening soon.

:cornflakes:

I was curious so I checked the FB page. Gotta say that I haven't tried a few of those beers on tap. Congrats, Cobbler, you now have a True Bar. Now stay the fuck out of Mynt (non Roses nights). :up:

I can't decide which parma is better, the Taphouse or Union Hotel! The perfect parma would probably be the Union schnitzel with the Taphouse chips. Heaven!

Daniel A, why is it I always feel slightly terrified after listening to Tori Amos? Does that mean it's working?

Went to a spoken word tribute kind of thing to Ziggy Stardust last night, as part of the Writers Festival. It was pretty cool. They went through each track on the album and loosely connected the title to a story of some sort, most of them comedy.

One of the stranger things I've seen in my life was Tim Flannery - yes, of climate change fame - don a space helmet and come out and do a tribute to Starman, taking on the role of an astrologer, pointing out the numerous factual inaccuracies in the lyrics - "Mr Bowie, I shouldn't think you should be too worried about a Starman blowing our minds... do you know what a star is? They're 6,000 degrees celsius, a Starman will do more than blow our minds."

The First Dog on the Moon cartoonist did It Ain't Easy, and said it was the only song on the album "that's a bit shit". Did a hilarious comedy routine about how life sucks accompanied by his cartoons.

Benjamin Law was probably the highlight. Apparently in Lady Stardust you can hear Bowie say "let's get some pussy now" and he did an entire bit about the rampant bisexuality of the 70s has disappeared and we're so "regimented in our sexuality these days", all tongue in cheek. I was laughing very hard.

Last night I smoked weed in a car park out the back of Chapel St then went to Revolver and I'm pretty sure I heard the best DJ set ever. Going to a club high is one of the best things I've ever done :reject:

Pretty much every story I've ever heard about Revolver goes along roughly the same lines.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom