Bon Bon Reserve Superthread

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Status
Not open for further replies.
Sometimes those timed comments people leave on Soundcloud are great unintentional humour, at least.

My mate, same age as me, just revealed to us that he's got a kid on the way. Unplanned, but they're keeping it.

Woah.

That kind of stuff is so freaky. Lost count of the kids some of my school mates have now. Pretty unreal, as I still can't even imagine me settling down.

hirdiii.gif

Welp, that didn't take long.

There is a shocking array of sites that allow you to make text look like the aftermath of a 10 year-old's ice cream hangover.

Sparklee has the finest selection of fonts. It's bafflingly diverse, honestly.

It was just so completely unexpected, y'know? I didn't believe him for 10 minutes, and then felt like an asshole when I did. Fucking crazy.

Oh good god, Bonnie! :lmao:

My mate, same age as me, just revealed to us that he's got a kid on the way. Unplanned, but they're keeping it.

Woah.

I was stunned when I looked up some people from high school when I got on Facebook and found they were married and had at least one child. Even if I wanted children, I wouldn't want one now.

Weird to think that a couple of generations ago, it'd be abnormal to be 25 and not a parent.

Woah.

:ohmy: Wow. I know a couple of people from school who have kids, but they're total fuckups and I completely expected it. The father is nowhere to be found in both cases. Is your mate still together with the mother?

hirdiii.gif

Welp, that didn't take long.

AHHHHHHHH

Waking up to this brings a joy that you cannot imagine.

I reckon Bonnie need not worry working on her proper art and just pioneer a series of exhibits of Internet-inspired art like the various Hirds and cornflakes.

In twenty years, people will be saying "when Bonnie did her first exhibition of Internet-inspired art, people said she was crazy. She struggled to find art galleries who understood her vision. Now Internet-inspired art dominates every major gallery in the world!"

(My Zooropa Exhibit of Wonder will be on permanent display at the NGV.)

Got some Thelonious Monk Belgian ale and a physical copy of the Great Outdoor Fight. Carlton/Essendon match in a couple hours. Should be a good night.

There's something weird about how LM will be watching the match live and we'll be watching it on delay. I guess I could watch it live online, but I'd rather watch it on telly if I can.

Stupid free-to-air.

So Green Day and I have begun to split the assets. They get the early John Kiffmeyer stuff. I get Kerplunk, Dookie and Insomniac. I let them have Nimrod and Warning and International Superhits. I also get Shenanigans while they get Breakdown. We're sharing American Idiot. The live albums have yet to be divided, but I'm thinking of letting them have Bowling Bowling Bowling parking Parking, Foot In Mouth and Awesome As Fuck in exchange for Bullet In A Bible. Billie and I have also come to a custody agreement. He will have custody of Mike and I will have physical custody of Tre and we will both have visitation with the other child.

This divorce is coming along amicably, so long as Billie doesn't get petulant. The judge hasn't ruled on the side projects (Network, Foxboro Hot Tubs) yet. He could decide they're not shared assets and let them keep them.

That was really absurd, and I apologize.

I cannot handle this level of butthurt.

Told Dave that I'm done with him. Flat out.

This is the butthurt I got in reply.

1. "You don't want to text me anymore?"
2. "Well, I guess the only thing I can figure is that you feel that I for some reason aren't good for you, even if to only talk. This saddens me."
3. "I enjoying talking with you and there aren't many that I do talk to. But if you feel like you don't want to talk to me, I won't fight it. So be it."

The "this saddens me" is where I lose it.

Reggo said:
So Green Day and I have begun to split the assets. They get the early John Kiffmeyer stuff. I get Kerplunk, Dookie and Insomniac. I let them have Nimrod and Warning and International Superhits. I also get Shenanigans while they get Breakdown. We're sharing American Idiot. The live albums have yet to be divided, but I'm thinking of letting them have Bowling Bowling Bowling parking Parking, Foot In Mouth and Awesome As Fuck in exchange for Bullet In A Bible. Billie and I have also come to a custody agreement. He will have custody of Mike and I will have physical custody of Tre and we will both have visitation with the other child.

This divorce is coming along amicably, so long as Billie doesn't get petulant. The judge hasn't ruled on the side projects (Network, Foxboro Hot Tubs) yet. He could decide they're not shared assets and let them keep them.

That was really absurd, and I apologize.

:)

Sounds better than some divorces I've heard of!

An absurd number of my friends have paired off and spawned... I'm almost the last one left who hasn't done either. If you don't count the ones who did that earlier on and have since had divorces.

Not posting in the footy thread because I'm watching the game on delay - just saw Fletch put on the red vest. I take it there goes the game, and with it our season. :sigh:

Roll on 2013?

(No gloating spoilers for another two hours or so, Travis.)

Got some Thelonious Monk Belgian ale and a physical copy of the Great Outdoor Fight. Carlton/Essendon match in a couple hours. Should be a good night.

Still need to try that ale, I keep seeing it all the time but forget to check it out. Let me how it is.

Pretty sure I have all of the hardcover Achewood books released so far - I suppose it could be construed as a waste of money, but I think the format works out well, and there's always some good unreleased stuff in there. Plus they're real purdy.

TOP FIVE THINGS ABOUT THE U2 MUSIC IN A STRIP CLUB THREAD

1. The remarkable outburst that started it all - and the fact that it continues the theme of active EYKIW threads beginning in such a way.
2. The pure hypocrisy of financeguy calling someone out for making a homophobic statement.
3. The fact that some posters are responding to the thread earnestly.
4. The wave of ecstasy one gets when imagining a coky stripper dancing to MLK or Elvis Ate America.
5. Knife Crime

1. The remarkable outburst that started it all - and the fact that it continues the theme of active EYKIW threads beginning in such a way.
2. The pure hypocrisy of financeguy calling someone out for making a homophobic statement.
4. The wave of ecstasy one gets when imagining a coky stripper dancing to MLK or Elvis Ate America.
5. Knife Crime

6. Beautiful Day in a strip club.

5. Knife Crime

A thread for the ages.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom