Bon Bon Reserve Superthread

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Status
Not open for further replies.
Haha really? I loved it.

I only saw the parenthetical title once in a magazine ad, I thought it was a mistake.

It was either that, or I couldn't believe my mom was letting my sister listen to it. One or the other. I know I found the song shocking at the time.

This is something I am 100% unaware of.

Too bad I've sworn off downloading albums. The new Mountain Goats has leaked :(.

Also, Stars is GREAT.

Getting a letter from the ISP on top of that potential lawsuit a few years back is enough for me.

Ooh yeah, that'd be enough to ward me off probably.

But it does make me wonder - despite the fact that reasonably similar provisions apparently exist in Australia, I don't know anybody who's ever copped a C&D letter here. It mainly seems to be the US. I guess it helps that most of our ISPs are opposed to any sort of action on downloaders (and why would they support something that punishes their clients/revenue stream?).

The Sad Punk said:
Hahaha, there's so much there I can't stand now (please note: not all of it!), but yes, at the time I listened to it so much. I think I always skipped The Housemates Song, though. That's the only one I can't instantly recall right now. I bet I would still really like the Roger Sanchez song. I also have little doubt that I still know all the lyrics to Purple (p)Hills.

Haha me too, namely Lifehouse and Creed. But Starlight is still awesome, as is Ride Wit Me, that Roger Sanchez song, Weapon of Choice and Monsters. And The Rock Show I suppose.

And of course like you and Charlotte I still know every word to Purple (P)Hills, kinda sad to think it came out 11 years ago though.

The Sad Punk said:

Yo yo yo yo hold up hold up hold up
What would you do
Get up off mah feet n stop makin tired excuses

I think this song was on So Fresh Summer 01/02, which was a yellow double cd comp. loved it too.

Yeah, that's right. One of my friends had that one, we listened to it a lot. Kinda weird to think there was a time when I was excited about a CD a friend owned. Also kinda weird to think it was 11 years ago. Where did that time disappear?

Where do you guys get your music from? I still probably buy about 20-30cds a year. Most stuff is available through the usual outlets, but some of the lesser know stuff is hard to find. Ye olde blog site I used to use I'm betting is not around anymore.

Vlad n U 2 said:
Weapon of Choice can never ever be bad because Christopher Walken.

This.

Also, someone in our band wanted to do that Starlight song (on top of Muse's Starlight), but it's way too produced.

Where do you guys get your music from? I still probably buy about 20-30cds a year. Most stuff is available through the usual outlets, but some of the lesser know stuff is hard to find. Ye olde blog site I used to use I'm betting is not around anymore.

I download from a Russian site which has a massive collection of music.

This also. Most of the CDs I've bought in the last few years have been at gigs.

Yeah, I'd much rather buy straight from an artist (not to mention coughing up for the gig ticket too). Those artists who don't tour Australia only have themselves to blame. :wink:

I've been spending about two hours wandering aimlessly around Auckland Airport, being frustrated with its crappy bookshops (three shops all selling THE SAME BOOKS) and eating horrible fast food (I can't swear off meat, but perhaps I can swear off fast food [not like I eat it much anyway] - it's pretty much offensive that an animal died only to be turned into that crap) ... but then I discovered it has free wifi so that's pretty neat. Tulla charges something like $100 for thirty seconds.

408368_298672823573722_1745454282_n.jpg

I've been spending about two hours wandering aimlessly around Auckland Airport, being frustrated with its crappy bookshops (three shops all selling THE SAME BOOKS) and eating horrible fast food (I can't swear off meat, but perhaps I can swear off fast food [not like I eat it much anyway] - it's pretty much offensive that an animal died only to be turned into that crap)

I'm sure you'll give in and buy like a hundred Matthew Reilly books*. Also, that's a pretty good philosophy - it always kinda sucks when an animal has to die to feed us (and it's an absolute goddamn travesty how many are slaughtered, only to go to waste) but it's extra shitty when they just turn into Hungrys or Maccas. Speaking of which, still find it pretty dodgy that McDonald's doesn't have a veggie burger, even now.

*i tried to read one and it was legit the worst shit ever. I mean goddamn. Pure bland popcorn. I don't give a shit about the action and apparent plot twists when the characters are made up of two-at-most tropes.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom