Boggus Motor Company, Harlingen, Texas Superthread - Page 63 - U2 Feedback

Go Back   U2 Feedback > Lypton Village > Lemonade Stand > Lemonade Stand Archive
Click Here to Login

Old 07-31-2008, 11:37 AM   #931
Vocal parasite

Local Time: 08:05 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by phillyfan26 View Post
He had the look once. In the 80's he looked like he wanted to be there. Even during Zoo TV, he looked like he was trying to play it cool. But for the last three tours, he looks bored/annoyed.
Yeah, I've even spotted him smiling in some eighties bootleg DVDs. But he obviously thought Popmart was the stupidest thing ever, and it's almost like he's never forgiven the band.

It was funny watching U2 3D and noting just how much more into drumming Bono was than Larry. Sure, Bono sucked, but at least he brought the passion.

Ian McCulloch the U2 fan:
"Who buys U2 records anyway? It's just music for plumbers and bricklayers. Bono, what a slob. You'd think with all that climbing about he does, he'd look real fit and that. But he's real fat, y'know. Reminds me of a soddin' mountain goat."
"And as for Bono, he needs a colostomy bag for his mouth."

U2gigs: The most comprehensive U2 setlist database!
Gig pictures | Blog
Old 07-31-2008, 11:38 AM   #932
ONE
love, blood, life

Local Time: 05:05 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by RegularBonoFan View Post
rearrange it, it's Fuck Daniel Lanois.

Old 07-31-2008, 11:38 AM   #933
Blue Crack Addict

Local Time: 03:05 AM
Quote:
(Potentially) Manny Ramirez to the fucking Marlins?

Florida's team salary's about $20 million. Manny gets paid more than their whole fucking team combined.

Fuck, I wouldn't like it if Manny went to the NL East. The Phightin's are struggling enough as it is.
I love Manny! He can't leave the BoSox! Hell, I'd change team loyalties if he left...

BTW, saw the Phillies won last night. Way to go!
Old 07-31-2008, 11:39 AM   #934
Blue Crack Supplier

Local Time: 04:05 AM
People Get Ready, Joshua Tree Tour, (I think) Syracuse. Bono starts playing guitar for the first two minutes and gives up, giving his guitar to a fan, who (shockingly) has never played guitar before. He goes off to teach her the chords (yes, Bono teaching chords), and he instructs Edge to start singing. Edge sings "People get ready ... c'mon!" to try to get the crowd to help him out. Larry finds this funny and laughs heartily.

I was shocked. SHOCKED!
Old 07-31-2008, 11:39 AM   #935
Vocal parasite

Quote:
Originally Posted by Serena Vox View Post
he hardly ever smiles. Period.
I think hell would freeze over if he smiled in a photo with a fan.
Hell will also freeze over if he starts to play something interesting ...

I find it genuinely troubling that he thinks 6/8 is an unusual time signature.

"Who buys U2 records anyway? It's just music for plumbers and bricklayers. Bono, what a slob. You'd think with all that climbing about he does, he'd look real fit and that. But he's real fat, y'know. Reminds me of a soddin' mountain goat."

Gig pictures | Blog
Old 07-31-2008, 11:40 AM   #936
Blue Crack Supplier

Quote:
I love Manny! He can't leave the BoSox! Hell, I'd change team loyalties if he left...

BTW, saw the Phillies won last night. Way to go!
Utley may be breaking out of his slump. A couple more weeks of that shit and I was changing my avatar.
Old 07-31-2008, 11:40 AM   #937
ONE
love, blood, life

Quote:
Originally Posted by Axver View Post
Yeah, I've even spotted him smiling in some eighties bootleg DVDs. But he obviously thought Popmart was the stupidest thing ever, and it's almost like he's never forgiven the band.

It was funny watching U2 3D and noting just how much more into drumming Bono was than Larry. Sure, Bono sucked, but at least he brought the passion.
Seems to make a lot of sense.

And about U2 3D, yes, Bono did seem more into it than Larry did. It was quite strange, given, ya know, it's Larry's JOB to drum.
Old 07-31-2008, 11:40 AM   #938
Blue Crack Supplier

Quote:

He smiled a lot during the first three tours. He brought the passion then.
Old 07-31-2008, 11:41 AM   #939
Vocal parasite

Quote:
People Get Ready, Joshua Tree Tour, (I think) Syracuse. Bono starts playing guitar for the first two minutes and gives up, giving his guitar to a fan, who (shockingly) has never played guitar before. He goes off to teach her the chords (yes, Bono teaching chords), and he instructs Edge to start singing. Edge sings "People get ready ... c'mon!" to try to get the crowd to help him out. Larry finds this funny and laughs heartily.

I was shocked. SHOCKED!
... holy shit, I've watched that DVD a couple of times and never noticed that. I may just have to go rummaging through my bootlegs now.

(Honestly, Syracuse is one of my least favourite JT Tour gigs. I find the set pretty dull in comparison to most other bootlegs. Though it does have the WTFery of Bono snippeting Yes in Bad.)

Gig pictures | Blog
Old 07-31-2008, 11:41 AM   #940
ONE
love, blood, life

Quote:
Hell will also freeze over if he starts to play something interesting ...

I find it genuinely troubling that he thinks 6/8 is an unusual time signature.
So he likes being bland and looking like he'd rather be doing anything else right now?
Old 07-31-2008, 11:42 AM   #941
Blue Crack Addict

Local Time: 03:05 AM
Quote:

He hates Passengers, too. It was "self-indulgent".
Old 07-31-2008, 11:42 AM   #942
ONE
love, blood, life

I wish I had a camera right now. Both of these cats are curled up asleep together.
Old 07-31-2008, 11:42 AM   #943
ONE
love, blood, life

Quote:
He hates Passengers, too. It was "self-indulgent".
Wonder if he hates his own drumming.
Old 07-31-2008, 11:43 AM   #944
Vocal parasite

Quote:
And about U2 3D, yes, Bono did seem more into it than Larry did. It was quite strange, given, ya know, it's Larry's JOB to drum.
U2 in general don't seem terribly committed or dedicated to their job. And I know some people on EYKIW would like to go on about how we are mere fans and they are artists who can choose when and how they deliver music from their grand pedestal in the sky, bla bla bla, but at the end of the day, they're making a career out of music and we're the ones enabling them to do that. So I think it's only fair for them to actually do their job to a decent standard.

Gig pictures | Blog
Old 07-31-2008, 11:44 AM   #945
Vocal parasite

Quote:
So he likes being bland and looking like he'd rather be doing anything else right now?
I wonder if he's even really thought about music much. I bet the existence of time signatures like 13/16 would come as a huge shock to him.

Gig pictures | Blog

Tags
superthread