Boggus Motor Company, Harlingen, Texas Superthread - Page 10 - U2 Feedback

Go Back   U2 Feedback > Lypton Village > Lemonade Stand > Lemonade Stand Archive
Click Here to Login

Old 07-30-2008, 12:28 PM   #136
Blue Crack Addict

Local Time: 02:36 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Serena Vox View Post
Ugh, right.
I like Zoo Station, but I think it could be better than what it is. UTEOTW is a lot better live. And So Cruel is okay.
Zoo Station's bass line bugs the fucking shit out of me. It was alright to play out of key for BTBS, but on ZS, it sounds like shit. Try again, bass player.

Old 07-30-2008, 12:30 PM   #137
ONE
love, blood, life

Local Time: 04:36 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by RegularBonoFan View Post
Eno And Lanois had their moment of brilliance with TUF and JT. Hate to quote the bass player again, but his favourites are TUF, JT, and Achtung. So there's that.

On the flipside, to bring up an argument Bonnie was talking about a week ago or so, if they'd gone out with that bang, Adam wouldn't be around to say that those are his favourites.

I dunno. Bottom line: If it's craptastic, I won't be surprised, but I'm not going to get my hopes up that there's gonna be another "Bad" or Streets on the new one.
I am hoping that it at least won't disappoint me as much as Bomb did.

Old 07-30-2008, 12:33 PM   #138
ONE
love, blood, life

Quote:
Originally Posted by Axver View Post
The guitar just VANISHES in Zoo Station's verses. It's inaudible. What a pisspoor job.
I never even notice the guitar in it.
Old 07-30-2008, 12:33 PM   #139
Vocal parasite

Local Time: 07:36 AM
Someone elsewhere raised the interesting point that while Eno seemed to be the leader of the Eno and Lanois pair around JT/AB, Lanois has been the leader this decade - especially note that he was involved in HTDAAB but Eno wasn't. I wonder if there's something in that ...

Ian McCulloch the U2 fan:
"Who buys U2 records anyway? It's just music for plumbers and bricklayers. Bono, what a slob. You'd think with all that climbing about he does, he'd look real fit and that. But he's real fat, y'know. Reminds me of a soddin' mountain goat."
"And as for Bono, he needs a colostomy bag for his mouth."

U2gigs: The most comprehensive U2 setlist database!
Gig pictures | Blog
Old 07-30-2008, 12:35 PM   #140
ONE
love, blood, life

Quote:
Someone elsewhere raised the interesting point that while Eno seemed to be the leader of the Eno and Lanois pair around JT/AB, Lanois has been the leader this decade - especially note that he was involved in HTDAAB but Eno wasn't. I wonder if there's something in that ...
Wouldn't surprise me, given how the albums then were pretty good but now...
Old 07-30-2008, 12:37 PM   #141
Blue Crack Addict

Quote:
I think there is. I remember the Class Albums thing from Pop era about JT. Lanois was kind of taking over at that point. The weird thing is, the vibe I got from them was the only reason they kept Danny around is Larry threw a tantrum cause Lanois likes the drooms and, as we all know, it's supposed to about the drooms. I dunno, I could've made that up, but that's what I remember.
Old 07-30-2008, 12:39 PM   #142
Vocal parasite

Quote:
I think there is. I remember the Class Albums thing from Pop era about JT. Lanois was kind of taking over at that point. The weird thing is, the vibe I got from them was the only reason they kept Danny around is Larry threw a tantrum cause Lanois likes the drooms and, as we all know, it's supposed to about the drooms. I dunno, I could've made that up, but that's what I remember.
Plus, Lanois seems to complement Larry's mindset about making hits, stuff that's over-produced and all radio-friendly. Eno, as we know, is all about the soundscapes and the effects and the music's ambience. Good luck finding much of that lately.

"Who buys U2 records anyway? It's just music for plumbers and bricklayers. Bono, what a slob. You'd think with all that climbing about he does, he'd look real fit and that. But he's real fat, y'know. Reminds me of a soddin' mountain goat."

Gig pictures | Blog
Old 07-30-2008, 12:40 PM   #143
Blue Crack Addict

Quote:
Plus, Lanois seems to complement Larry's mindset about making hits, stuff that's over-produced and all radio-friendly. Eno, as we know, is all about the soundscapes and the effects and the music's ambience. Good luck finding much of that lately.
have you heard any of his self-produced shit though? It's...well, actually, shit is the best word there...
Old 07-30-2008, 12:41 PM   #144
Blue Crack Addict

AXVER. I'm glad you're still up. I dreamt about you last night!
Old 07-30-2008, 12:45 PM   #145
Blue Crack Addict

Hi DOL

Were there trains and tunnels?
Old 07-30-2008, 12:48 PM   #146
Vocal parasite

I'm poisoning more dreams!

Gig pictures | Blog
Old 07-30-2008, 12:49 PM   #147
Vocal parasite

Quote:
have you heard any of his self-produced shit though? It's...well, actually, shit is the best word there...
Lanois or Eno?

I only have Another Green World by Eno. As for Lanois, heard a couple of his songs and didn't think he was for me so I didn't bother investigating further.

Gig pictures | Blog
Old 07-30-2008, 12:51 PM   #148
ONE
love, blood, life

Quote:
I'm poisoning more dreams!
Haven't gotten to mine yet!

Though I'll be very scared if I dream about being some little speck in a blonde fro!
Old 07-30-2008, 12:51 PM   #149
Blue Crack Addict

Quote:
Lanois or Eno?

I only have Another Green World by Eno. As for Lanois, heard a couple of his songs and didn't think he was for me so I didn't bother investigating further.
Eno's brilliant. Hands down. I meant Lanois. OMFG. He's like...I dunno, I can't think of anyone else as musically useless.
Old 07-30-2008, 12:53 PM   #150
ONE
love, blood, life

Quote:
Eno's brilliant. Hands down. I meant Lanois. OMFG. He's like...I dunno, I can't think of anyone else as musically useless.
Eno is brilliant. I've never heard anything by Lanois.

Tags
superthread