Blues vs Canucks - Page 32 - U2 Feedback

Go Back   U2 Feedback > Lypton Village > Lemonade Stand > Lemonade Stand Archive
Click Here to Login

Old 04-24-2003, 03:53 PM   #466
ONE
love, blood, life

Local Time: 05:46 AM
Quote:
Originally posted by Michael Griffiths
no Bure of course, but that's probably a good thing now
i hate you.

the day i found out bure was definitly not going to show up for the next season was the second darkest day of my life.

at least, i told myself back then, he played in the 97/98 season. he was threatening not to play, but he did.

and wow, did he ever put together quite the season.

pavel bure is my hero.

Old 04-24-2003, 04:03 PM   #467
Rock n' Roll Doggie

Local Time: 11:46 AM
What would you rather have though? A premadonna who does *not* want to be here, and constantly whined about it because Vancouver was "just too small" for his liking, or would you rather have a great *team*? I'd take Naslund, Bertuzzi, Morrison, Jovo, et. al. over Bure anyday. If that trade had never happened, the Canucks as you know them would never have existed, and we'd probably be going nowhere right now. Bure was an "all about me" player. An amazing, explosive, and exciting player, yes, but I'd question his vision for the team concept. Look where he ended up? New York, the hotbead of premadonnas and selfish players alike. As far as I'm concerned, he can take his 11 million and shove it! We have a team salery that respects the team concept now. How nice is that?

Old 04-24-2003, 04:05 PM   #468
ONE
love, blood, life

Local Time: 05:46 AM
yes its nice, i know.

but i want to have it all. i want pavel bure and the team that we have now.

i dont live in the real world.
Old 04-24-2003, 04:20 PM   #469
Rock n' Roll Doggie

Local Time: 11:46 AM
I do remember his first game though. He created a great buzz in Vancouver since the day he arrived, until he started complaining of course. But when he had the puck, you felt a collective surge of electricity throughout the building. Even in his first game, it looked as though he was going to get a hat trick. Such speed. He was like 19 or something, looked 14, and said he'd score 50 goals, and he did! I still remember when the Canucks came back from that 3-1 deficit against the Flames, and Bure scored the OT winner in spectacular fashion on the breakaway. Talk about a game breaker. I remember some of the incredible things he used to do with the puck. Like one time in a pre-season game, he came in on a break away (what else was new?), but came in from an angle. As he approached the goalie, he dropped the puck into his skates--all of this at full speed of course--let the puck sit on his blades for a second, and then popped it back up to his stick, by this time on the open side of the net, and popped it home. It was sweet! Yes, I miss those days too, but life's a compromise.